Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

I started hosing my bulk tank after its washed this year and my tbc halved as a result. Alway seemed to be bit of scum left at the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

my aim was to buy a new tank from cash flow this year, but that aint going to happen, have grant approval. Any problems i have with tbc are normally down to the tank, service guy checked it over on friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭TEAT SQUEEZER

whelan1 wrote: »
    my aim was to buy a new tank from cash flow this year, but that aint going to happen, have grant approval. Any problems i have with tbc are normally down to the tank, service guy checked it over on friday

stopped using chlorine in final rinse due to tcm`s with glanbia ... using peracetic acid now 10ml/10litres .... good results!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

the best money i ever spent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

Never, never spend your own money on cap-ex, will tighten cash flow:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Mulumpy wrote: »
    I started hosing my bulk tank after its washed this year and my tbc halved as a result. Alway seemed to be bit of scum left at the bottom.

If our tbc is high its either the tank is dirty or dirty udders but they need to be very dirty before it makes a difference, usually tbc is 5-8000 sometimes as low as 3k.

delaval wrote: »
    is it not better tax wise, if u have the money:confused:

kevthegaff wrote: »
    I know where you are going but a tank lasts many years and while you may have the money now, who knows what reserves we will need next year or further on.

I would buy all such as tank, coolers,meal bin and feeders, scrapers, tractor etc through a finance company. If it can be removed they will finance it. You still have to pay but over longer.

so anyone know anything on the june price:confused:

just thinking the same thing:)

• Advertisement

so anyone know anything on the june price:confused:

I'm betting on a 1c increase and that will be it?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭mf240

I know where your coming from but if you can manage it comfortably why pay interest.
    Tax allowance is for depreciation of bulk tank which will be the case regardless of payment method.
    Interest on loan will be tax deductable but its a case of giving the bank a tenner to save a fiver from the taxman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭TEAT SQUEEZER

mf240 wrote: »
    I know where your coming from but if you can manage it comfortably why pay interest.

Tax allowance is for depreciation of bulk tank which will be the case regardless of payment method.
    Interest on loan will be tax deductable but its a case of giving the bank a tenner to save a fiver from the taxman.

totally agree.. if ure comfortable use cash flow... i dont know how you could grow your own money at such a rate to offset the interest paid on any loan taken out .. those risk free short term investments have escaped me i have to say..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

totally agree.. if ure comfortable use cash flow... i dont know how you could grow your own money at such a rate to offset the interest paid on any loan taken out .. those risk free short term investments have escaped me i have to say..:(

I think the obvious alternative is what would the return be on cash employed *within* the business...

(a) could you increase stocking rate - if so, would return be better by spending money doing that and/or (b) would a cash buffer to reduce risk in low milk price years allow you to comfortably maintain a higher SR / or reduce current risk to an acceptable level.

Both of those would be valid cases for matching borrowing to life of the asset.. but everyone has a different outlook on these things. Some people just hate debt, not a bad way to be..

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

GIIL milk price for June is 37.5cpl. This represents an increase of 0.5cpl on the base milk price.

I think I speak for us all when I say, mofo's

GIIL milk price for June is 37.5cpl. This represents an increase of 0.5cpl on the base milk price.

fookers....i suppose at least its an increase but it could have been more:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

Seeing as delaval bet on a 1cent increase, he owes us all 0.5c/litre.
    Thanks delaval

maxxuumman wrote: »
    Seeing as delaval bet on a 1cent increase, he owes us all 0.5c/litre.
    Thanks delaval

If I were you I'd take my chances with GII !!!!!!!

any word on arrabawn, cows gone back alot here:(

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

any word on arrabawn, cows gone back alot here:(

No word yet. On hols this week so wasn't talking to Conor

• Advertisement

Very dissatisfied with 0.5c was expecting more. It will take us to 40c with solids, good price but more is better

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

Very dissatisfied with 0.5c was expecting more. It will take us to 40c with solids, good price but more is better

still struggling with solids here, yields ok, but lack of rain bound to affect same shortly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

when will arrabawn set price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,074 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Next tuesday i think

Any news on Arrabawn,strugling with solids

• Registered Users Posts: 11,074 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

red bull wrote: »
    Any news on Arrabawn,strugling with solids

Been set tomorrow,ok on solids yields starting to taper off a bit even though on excellent grass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

Lakeland Dairies 37.5 for june milk @ 3.3pro, 3.6Bf

well lads any word on arrabawn, hoping for an increase to settle some bills:)

anyone else on agrilink, normally you can access your milk statement on 16th of the month, this month and last month you couldnt also new format milk statement post April 2012 doesnt work for me:mad:

• Advertisement

arrabawn 37.75 I heard

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement