Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

Ask delaval and Tipp Man.;)

You're gonna start a row if you keep posting things like that.:eek:

I promise no row, unless you want one!!!

My view is that we achieved what I've wanted and that was to seperate milk processing from the PLC

Oh yea, it's GII

my Dad always said that he couldnt borrow enough money in the 80's at 17%, :rolleyes: there was serious money to be made back then

Mine borrowed early 70's and got going as Freedom's any many others did.
    He borrowed for more land in 79 and true to type come hell or high water when interest rates rose the banks pulled the double barrell. He resisted and paid his way but it was a shocking time the eighties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

delaval wrote: »
    He borrowed for more land in 79 and true to type come hell or high water when interest rates rose the banks pulled the double barrell. He resisted and paid his way but it was a shocking time the eighties
    but we are all here to tell the tale...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

+1. There was plenty of blood in the water that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Lofty0990

My view is that we achieved what I've wanted and that was to seperate milk processing from the PLC

Oh yea, it's GII

Good now we are calling it what it is , a less bland answer to the second half given former Glanbia suppliers I talk to (some on the odd committee) mumble that it wouldn't have gone through without that share thingy if you know what I mean ? ;)

No row just teasing it out.

• Advertisement

Oh yea, it's GII

I don't want a row either de. IMO we haven't got seperation, we are stuck in a limbo land where we have all of the costs and difficulties associated with milk assembly and primary processing but have locked all/most of our high value output into contracts with one customer. GII has it's hand in the dogs mouth as much as any dairy farmer.

I don't want a row either de. IMO we haven't got seperation, we are stuck in a limbo land where we have all of the costs and difficulties associated with milk assembly and primary processing but have locked all/most of our high value output into contracts with one customer. GII has it's hand in the dogs mouth as much as any dairy farmer.
    I think we'll leve it so.
    It's too hot for arguing and I'm off north on my holidays and already winding down.

Lofty0990 wrote: »
    Good now we are calling it what it is , a less bland answer to the second half given former Glanbia suppliers I talk to (some on the odd committee) mumble that it wouldn't have gone through without that share thingy if you know what I mean ? ;)

No row just teasing it out.
    Agreed, the less enlightened would not have even read the post let alone voted had the money not been on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

It's too hot for arguing and I'm off north on my holidays and already winding down.

give us a call if your in the cavan area, but dont forget to bring the biscuits :D

Enjoy. Did you contact that other man after I pm'ed you?

• Advertisement

Freedom
    Heading North to Scandinavia. A little cooler there, really want to see have they grass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

whelan1 wrote: »
    but we are all here to tell the tale...

Not true a number went to saudi to work of loans some did not come baqk
    more to other countries
    others gave up sold land
    Much the same as is happening now

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

GIIL manufacturing milk price for July has been retained at 37.5cpl

They're great. :roll:
    Particularly when it has been hard to keep constituents up due to poor grass quality and growth.

why did they give the price so early this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

whelan1 wrote: »
    why did they give the price so early this month?

Dunno. Thought it was odd myself.
    They normally have their board meeting sometime on the first week of the month.

why is august a 5 week month? i thought it went 4,4,5. june was a 5 week month??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Sept not usually 5wks? Alongside march and dec also.

Timmaay wrote: »
    thats what i thought, turned over calender in dairy this eve and had to do a double take. deffo says august 5 weeks

Timmaay wrote: »
    looked again, august, september and december are 5 week months this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

a bit late but anyhow,

Dairygold June base 37.5c/l
    Price obtained (incl. vat) 40.741 @ 3.55p and 3.78f , 40/60 split calving, avg 23l per cow for the month

No indications on july price yet, Difference of 5.5 cent between top and bottom 10% of supplier prices for june, just shows high or low yielding have to keep on the solids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

well;)

glanbia announced the july price ages ago 37.5 cpl

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

well ther's only one way milk price will go from here on

"enjoy"

jomoloney wrote: »
    well ther's only one way milk price will go from here on

"enjoy"
    every cent will be needed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Neighbour bought a farm and had a sale agreed on the old farm. Then the credit crisis hit and he was left with two farms and massive debt. Nearly broke him but held on and sold the first farm to a german 3 years later. 10 years after that he bought the farm back off the german guy

Neighbour bought a farm and had a sale agreed on the old farm. Then the credit crisis hit and he was left with two farms and massive debt. Nearly broke him but held on and sold the first farm to a german 3 years later. 10 years after that he bought the farm back off the german guy

German bailed him out, and then he bailed out the German!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

German bailed him out, and then he bailed out the German!!!
    Kinda like Ireland in general lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Any news on Arrabawn price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Dairygold 38cpl for July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Dairygold 38cpl for July

Arrabawns price up to 38.05 vat inc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement