Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Been a few years now since we paid any overdraft interest - but haven't used an overdraft in a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

ive been mine the last month but out now havent been in for 3 yrs before that, whats the overdraft interest rate on say 8k for one month with BOI??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

milkprofit wrote: »
    If i told u rate for overdraft u would not believe me
    I would wager 50% less than u
    15 yr money dont know

May I ask who is taking out the overdraft, the group or the members individually. I must be a nightmare for a bank if it was an individual members overdraft as each and every farm would have different risk associated with it thus requiring a different margin. Would it not result in the always good members/farmers getting a poorer rate and the bad members getting a great rate, If this is the case I should definitely join up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

May I ask who is taking out the overdraft, the group or the members individually. I must be a nightmare for a bank if it was an individual members overdraft as each and every farm would have different risk associated with it thus requiring a different margin. Would it not result in the always good members/farmers getting a poorer rate and the bad members getting a great rate, If this is the case I should definitely join up :D

Was wondering the same.
    With other inputs is it not the same a guy buying 6 tonne of fert v someone buying a lorry load. Would the guy with the volume be subsidising the smaller order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

jeeny if they are anything like my bank expect a long wait, 2 months i am waiting on my loan, it is now approved, yesterday they rang me looking for 2 forms of id, ffs i am with them 20 years:mad::mad: I can go to my local credit union on a friday evening and have the money in my hand the next morning, fecking joke

• Advertisement

whelan1 wrote: »
    jeeny if they are anything like my bank expect a long wait, 2 months i am waiting on my loan, it is now approved, yesterday they rang me looking for 2 forms of id, ffs i am with them 20 years:mad::mad: I can go to my local credit union on a friday evening and have the money in my hand the next morning, fecking joke

Ah ffs, they mustnt be too interested in giving it and slowing the process so much that they hope you wont need it when you finally get it money into account. It only took the IRA about 15 minutes to get £26 million from Northern Bank, now thats what I call efficient business banking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

Ah ffs, they mustnt be too interested in giving it and slowing the process so much that they hope you wont need it when you finally get it money into account. It only took the IRA about 15 minutes to get £26 million from Northern Bank, now thats what I call efficient business banking

Armlite in one hand pass card in the other!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭mf240

:D

Tis my money ted, I just didnt want to fill out the forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

I hope you not borrowing long term on the strength of present milk price

jomoloney wrote: »
    I hope you not borrowing long term on the strength of present milk price
    no extending my overdraft and small seasonal loan, you wouldnt want to be in a rush for the money, i can tell ya!:cool: can well understand how lads took their lives over carry on from the banks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

delaval wrote: »
    Was wondering the same.
    With other inputs is it not the same a guy buying 6 tonne of fert v someone buying a lorry load. Would the guy with the volume be subsidising the smaller order?

Works quiet easily guys give in there requirements and a bulk order is given for say 5 or 600 ton credit terms are agreed. Normally there is a max of 2 drops per load to cater for the smaller guys, but tbh fert is the one product that there is the least savings on alot of it can be down to timing from our experience.

The bank deal takes ALOT and i do mean ALOT of work, got a professional guy in who does a indept portfolio of the groups assets, borrowings ect ect and then it is presented to the banks for tenders was actually shocked at how many guys have little or no borrowings what so ever "dont know what iam doing wrong" the biggest problem is lack of competition between them.:mad:

loveta wrote: »
    The bank deal takes ALOT and i do mean ALOT of work, got a professional guy in who does a indept portfolio of the groups assets, borrowings ect ect and then it is presented to the banks for tenders was actually shocked at how many guys have little or no borrowings what so ever "dont know what iam doing wrong" the biggest problem is lack of competition between them.:mad:

thats strange when you say allot of the guys have little or no borrowings. Most farmers I know are at the credit card maxed out level:D. Is your group of similar sized farms so.

Biggest danger for such groups is they get too big and then a secretary is needed, then a full time boss, outside experts etc and next thing more members are need and the whole thing turns into a sham.

Im surprised a bank would even consider lending into such a complex arrangement if you saying the rates are so low. Banks get very very nervous when there is a known unknown

Do you not get poaching by outside merchants of the bigger clients in the group?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

...danger for such groups is they get too big and then a secretary is needed, then a full time boss, outside experts etc and next thing more members are need and the whole thing turns into a sham.

Or, as we call it in the local dialect, a "co-op"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

Banks get very very nervous when there is a known unknown

Judging by the level of ability in the Irish banks at the moment, I would say everything from their arse to their elbow ought to be filed under "unknown"

Who is the obligor for loans like this to buying groups? There is no element of joint / several, I assume?

Its hard to give direct answers to some of the points mentioned in the above posts without breaking confidentiality but basically the banks get an indept break down of the groups assets, borrowings ect they make an offer who ever has the best got it, BUT, YES THERE ALWAYS IS ONE, each member has to go on his own to get his loan at the rates agreed on his own viable merits and the bank decides if he or she is a safe bet then..

loveta wrote: »
    Its hard to give direct answers to some of the points mentioned in the above posts without breaking confidentiality but basically the banks get an indept break down of the groups assets, borrowings ect they make an offer who ever has the best got it, BUT, YES THERE ALWAYS IS ONE, each member has to go on his own to get his loan at the rates agreed on his own viable merits and the bank decides if he or she is a safe bet then..

so its individual borrowing under the group banner @ group rate. unless your group have a large asset base I dont see what is in it for the bank. anyway best of luck with it.

so any word of the june price, i am .5cpl down before i even start due to tbc, i would have been in grade 4:eek::eek::eek: only for i explained my case

so any word of the june price, i am .5cpl down before i even start due to tbc, i would have been in grade 4:eek::eek::eek: only for i explained my case
    what happened to ye whelan? not sure whats happening with arrabawn

kevthegaff wrote: »
    what happened to ye whelan? not sure whats happening with arrabawn
    i went away for 2 days, milk tank was the problem, sorted now and on the last collection of a big month...:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

nothing worse, i havent failed a test since the new tank i got 2 yrs ago. had to manually wash the old one, oh the good old days! a 1c increase would be grand, still have heap of bills!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

i would have been in grade 4:eek::eek::eek: only for i explained my case

Pleading your case worked?? I thought they were quite strict on the fines, I'll certainly remember that if I have any serious problems in the future!

Timmaay wrote: »
    Pleading your case worked?? I thought they were quite strict on the fines, I'll certainly remember that if I have any serious problems in the future!
    i had been under 10 all month, fooking typical last collection of the month...back under 10 now, would have been 4cpl fine

i had been under 10 all month, fooking typical last collection of the month...back under 10 now, would have been 4cpl fine

You get tested for tbc every collection? Only tested here twice a month. And 4cpl,wow max fine last yr was 3.3 I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

will you get it back at the end of year ? if you only fail the one

Timmaay wrote: »
    You get tested for tbc every collection? Only tested here twice a month. And 4cpl,wow max fine last yr was 3.3 I thought.
    no not every collection but was 5 tbc tests in june , no thermo test at all

jomoloney wrote: »
    will you get it back at the end of year ? if you only fail the one
    i hope so, was very annoyed over it

we only get 2 tbc tests every month

should the payment not be on the months average rather than last 2 tests- i know i still would have been deducted but hate getting a whooper result at the end of the month when you cant redeem yourself

• Advertisement

Tbc is very tricky to measure, and I'd hazard a guess its too expensive to measure it every tank. I know they measure it on every lorry collection, and I'd guess if there is a high reading they will then go and test all the samples from each farmer in the lorry to find whos milk was high.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement