Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rebuildable discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Well, there are 18650 sized ones with 5000mah. Maybe there's even bigger for all I know.

http://www.meshwizard.com/product_p/5000mah.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Only 9.99

Why isn't everyone using these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Well, there are 18650 sized ones with 5000mah. Maybe there's even bigger for all I know.

http://www.meshwizard.com/product_p/5000mah.htm

Not a bad price either, they look a bit...cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

So totally definitely not real. If Panasonic or Samsung haven't gotten near to it, it hasn't happened - if it had happened, Panasonic or Samsung would've bought them and we'd be using powerful laptops that can keep a charge for 12h+ (we can dream!).

Think this is a test of them:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?342382-Test-Review-of-GTL-18650-5000mAh-(Blue)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Heh, It had to be lies alright but how do they get away with that kind of a lie??

• Advertisement

Heh, It had to be lies alright but how do they get away with that kind of a lie??

Sneaky feckers, very hard for Joe Soap to check the mahs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

How do Trustfire get away with their's?
    Benefit of being a Chinese company I suppose, there's no legal consequence for lying, the guilt lies with the company that supplies their crap to unsuspecting consumers and they'll have to deal with all the complaints as well once people start knowing their shït.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

very common, just look at any of the chinese sites like dx .com etc. the mAh are always in "inverted commas"..

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

quintron wrote: »
    I got the 2mm and testing it now in an igo-l.
    I don't like how it unbraids so easily and rapidly but it is easier to coil and the braiding density is better for minimizing dry hits. How you getting on with the 3mm? I'd say its a bit thick for any small drippers?
    Would it be a bad idea to wrap or "coil" the easily frayed wick ends in no resistance wire about 2mm from the end of the coil to help it keep its shape? Something tells me that's probably a bad idea.. I know.

Size wise I have 2 strands of the 3mm in the IGO-W and the airflow is fine.Getting clouds of vapour,but flavour is really muted.I can see Ekowool working better for desert/fruity type juices but flavour is still going to be compromised.
    It is easier to work with but as you said,this shiit unravels like crazy! which is annoying.I'll give it one last try with some Kanthal ribbon and if I dont have any success,I'm giving it to the hound.

Btw I got that bullet piercing valve you mentioned.It does a fantastic job on the carto's,effortless.Thanks for the recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

These are probably the highest capacity legit batteries around at the moment, right? http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/272-joye-evic-3400mah-battery.html

panasonic 3400mAh, anyone have one?

• Advertisement

Drilled a hole in the side of the smok RDA and put another coil in to see what it was like. Very airy draw but not bad at all, definitely better than it was. The aluminium casing is so soft I didn't even need a drill, just did it by hand. Cheap way of trying a dual coil set up if you don't have a drill, you just need a drill bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

rickyjb wrote: »
    These are probably the highest capacity legit batteries around at the moment, right? http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/272-joye-evic-3400mah-battery.html

panasonic 3400mAh, anyone have one?

Just bought one. Should have it in the next few days. Only 700 mah or about 24% more mah than the battery that comes with the evic, so will be good to have but am not expecting anything mind blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

does anyone own an Ohm meter reader if you are rebuilding: if so where did you get one that you can screw on a base of a atomiser.
    I'm thinking of trying to rebuild a coil and i want to make sure i have all i need to get started.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

dball wrote: »
    does anyone own an Ohm meter reader if you are rebuilding: if so where did you get one that you can screw on a base of a atomiser.
    I'm thinking of trying to rebuild a coil and i want to make sure i have all i need to get started.

Thanks!

I can't post a link right now, on my phone - still haven't mastered it but I'm gonna get a Vamo/Evic/iTaste v3 which will also double as an ohm reader = savings. I'm sure they're just as effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

You can pick up a multimeter from dealextreme.com for about a fiver, they are handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

csi vegas wrote: »
    I can't post a link right now, on my phone - still haven't mastered it but I'm gonna get a Vamo/Evic/iTaste v3 which will also double as an ohm reader = savings. I'm sure they're just as effective.
    thanks csi, but i meant the type jamie is talking about.
    jamie72 wrote: »
    You can pick up a multimeter from dealextreme.com for about a fiver, they are handy to have.
    cheers jamie

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

So I've started trying to rebuild my protank heads. I've done 2 now and they both look ok but when I put them on my itaste it just reads NON as if there's nothing in there.

I stick them onto my ego, and am getting nice orange glowing coils.

So am not sure what's wrong, but also don't know what ohm they are and I can't use them on my itaste cos it won't fire with them on.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

Ohms of coil are too low for the itaste or centre pin isn't making contact with the itaste would be my guess(s) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

centre pin not making contact?

edit - snappitty snap snap! ^^^

Hmmm. But it's just a normal protank head? And other protank heads work fine on the itaste -not ones built by me mind you :D

Maybe the ohms are too low. But I did a 4 wrap and a 5 wrap and they're glowing nicely and quickly on the ego.....

Scared to use them in a tank though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

You need a multimeter to check the heads connected fine and that you aren't hitting the ohms limit (around 1.4 on the itaste?)

What size wire and wick are you using?

2mm wick and I think the wire is 0.20 kanthal 032 or something like that

Did I get the wrong stuff :D

4 or 5 wraps of .20 should be, I dunno... 1.6 to 2 ohms I guess? Could the wraps be touching each other?

Don't seem to be but if they were (maybe underneath the wick) would it still fire fine on the ego?

And is it ok to use or will I feck my battery up?

Thanks for the help/advice by the way.

I'll try another few tomorrow!

I use 1.2 ohms on egos all the time but its not recommended :-) I've used coils as low as .8ohms on egos just for the craic and it worked! If the ego gets very warm, stop using it.

Ok thanks!

jamie72 wrote: »
    You need a multimeter to check the heads connected fine and that you aren't hitting the ohms limit (around 1.4 on the itaste?)

1.4?!:eek: crap...

Finally got a genesis type atomiser to work, about 6 months after I first tried:o

My RSST is now properly working with 500 mesh and 0.25 kanthal wire. Tried already with SS rope and ribbon kanthal with no success. Feels good to finally get it working! Have to say the flavour and vapour are good, looking forward to having a non silica device that I don't have to rebuild on a regular basis, it will get a lot of use I hope.

Just followed what Todd did in his review and after a bit of adjusting the coil glowed evenly. I'd gotten this far previously with the AGA but when I put juice in the hot spots returned. Finally:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Igo-w build...

3.4 ohms, built a 1.1 dual coil just before but SVD wouldn't fire :( so went for more wraps on a single :)

Advertisement