Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rebuildable discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yep

bought the kanthal from thebestshop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Checked again, 1.6ohms, was getting 2ohms that crept up to 2.2ohms with 4 wraps?
    Im keeping the legs pretty short but that would hardly make that much difference , would it?

i would have assumed you're leaving the legs very long with that high a resistance with only 2mm wick and 3-4 wraps

you sure it's not .15 you're using?
    those resistances sound about right for .15

I thought the more wire used, the higher the resistance.
    Got some .25 kanthal but was getting crazy low resistance, 1.2ohms with 4 wraps.

yeah more wire is mmore resistance, but with only 4 wraps I would have thought there'd be a lot of wire between the last coil and the post to get that high a resistance

• Advertisement

I torch the crap out of the wick and wire before and after making it, could that be it?
    Gonna make another one in a while, will report back.

Ok, just made another one, 3 wraps .2 kanthal, 2mm silica doubled up, torched before and after, showing 1.6ohms on lavatube and 1.7ohms on vamo.
    Top of the coil is flush with top of the screws and wick is running diagonally between posts. I have the holes lined up so the wire goes straight from the coil into the hole.
    Would prefer more wraps for coverage but thats what Im getting and I need it low cause Im using it on an ego c.

what you could try is using 4 strands of 1mm wick, instead of 2x2mm
    you'd get more wraps, still plenty of wick to store juice under the coil but the coil would kinda force the wicks together so less surface area overall would lead the resistance down a bit even though you have more wraps

if you pm me your addy I'll drop a bit of 1mm into the post for you.

on the ribbon kanthal... i'd kinda given up on it earlier in the day, but i picked up one of the a7's i'd left he ribbon coil in and I'm loving it. it seems to suit certain juices more. ezsmokes 1st choice is coming through beautifully. the flavour is smooth but a tiny bit rough, decent levels of throathit .. i dont have to draw on it for 10 seconds to get a vape on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Prior to the spheroid Id experimented with 2mm but always ended up using 4 x 1mm wick. I've always found that it worked well.

2mm works best with the spheroid though. Easier to put it together after filling with the lassoo.

i think 2mm works a little better in the igo-l too,but i'm having a whore of a time trying to get that working right so I'm giving up on it for the time being

• Advertisement

what you could try is using 4 strands of 1mm wick, instead of 2x2mm
    you'd get more wraps, still plenty of wick to store juice under the coil but the coil would kinda force the wicks together so less surface area overall would lead the resistance down a bit even though you have more wraps

if you pm me your addy I'll drop a bit of 1mm into the post for you.

on the ribbon kanthal... i'd kinda given up on it earlier in the day, but i picked up one of the a7's i'd left he ribbon coil in and I'm loving it. it seems to suit certain juices more. ezsmokes 1st choice is coming through beautifully. the flavour is smooth but a tiny bit rough, decent levels of throathit .. i dont have to draw on it for 10 seconds to get a vape on.

Thanks for the offer Digby, dead sound of ya....BUT I JUST GOT SOME 1MM WITH THE SPHEROID :-D

dry burning seems to work a little better with the ribbon kanthal

it's not as good as it was yesterday but it's nowhere near as bad as a coil would get in the a7 dry burning regular kanthal wire

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Would 0.15mm Kanthal D wire along with 3mm Silica wick work well with the igo-l or would it create too high of a resistance?
    I wanted to order some 0.20 Kanthal but the vendors I've tried are out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It'll work grand, but think of the length you need in centimetres.

0.15mm Kanthal D = 0.74ohm per cm.
    So...
    2cm=1.48ohm
    3cm=2.22ohm
    4cm=2.96ohm
    5cm=3.7ohm

If you have a device that goes up to 6V those resistances are fine.

If you don't, you can actually twist two strands of Kanthal tightly together to halve the resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Freaking LOVING the ERA :D .... have to say really lives up to its name, easiest build EVER and only a fiver FFS ... and it came with an SS driptip !!

Think I might buy another one just to swap flavours.

075019970_0749028724aca735f731d8bbe7a77496783f8eee28e823c15.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

was.deevey wrote: »
    Freaking LOVING the ERA :D .... have to say really lives up to its name, easiest build EVER and only a fiver FFS ... and it came with an SS driptip !!

Really? Where'd you get it from? Sounds cheap and easy and good for flavour testing...

On a side note, did we notice Sir D has been banned? Wonder what he got up to. :)

StickyIcky wrote: »
    On a side note, did we notice Sir D has been banned? Wonder what he got up to. :)

:eek:

Banned for this post.

More than a bit heavy-handed but that's AH's prerogative nowadays.

Heh heh.....thought he was quieter than usual alright. Wonder what he was banned for? His posts are always great on any topic even outside of this forum.

Edit: That ban is completely OTT...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

Bloody hell Jamie's post didn't last long was going to quote it, but someone deleted it :eek:

Same here. He probably should've said

"Terrible mods - except for mewso and whoever mods the parent section here, those peeps are awesome."

Anyway... Turns out Digby's Memorial Juice Box was aptly named after all... Perhaps he planned this all along?

• Advertisement

Really? Where'd you get it from? Sounds cheap and easy and good for flavour testing...

Bought it over here in the Philippines.

Actually the first ERA's were designed over here and seems they mass produced them in China and re-imported. The Local Filipino Made versions cost quite a bit more from what I'm seeing, but essentially exactly the same (except $50 more expensive!)

Its all SS, allen key included in the kit.

More info on UK vapors

Re. Digby, ah for f*ck sake, banned for that????
    Hope he comes back as Sir Digby Chicken Balsamic salad or something!!!!

Wonder how long he's banned for?

One month, so at least it's not permanent.

He'll be off the vaping by the time he comes back.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Just Zaph looking to catch up with Gordon in the league.

Lucutus wrote: »
    Just Zaph looking to catch up with Gordon in the league.

YOU were an admin?

We've been infiltrated guys, just keep calm and shut up!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

075019970_0749028724aca735f731d8bbe7a77496783f8eee28e823c15.jpg

Any chance i could paypal ya over a few bob for a couple of these?

I certainly would except the shipping costs are horrendous, I think its about 60 euro for .5kg via DHL or Fedex but will check for sure tomorrow.

*edit Double checked with both fedex and DHL. 60 - 70, TNT is around 50 euro

Sending via regular post is around 40 euro but you may or may not get it :(

The price of postage from here is simply ridiculous. Where sending stuff to here is not too bad (apart from the import tax if you get hit which can be over 100%).

You'd think they'd make an effort to make the country into an export friendly economy at this stage (and not just its workers).

On one of the ex-pat forums a guy spoke words of wisdom: "everything you buy in the philippines, stays in the philippines when you leave"

If I ever decide to come back anytime soon I'll take orders on some of the bits available here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

On one of the ex-pat forums a guy spoke words of wisdom: "everything you buy in the philippines, stays in the philippines when you leave"

If I ever decide to come back anytime soon I'll take orders on some of the bits available here.

I'm sure you could fit a few of those in a condom for the trip back to Ireland

grindle wrote: »
    YOU were an admin?

We've been infiltrated guys, just keep calm and shut up!

At least he's only banned one person. These guys who've banned thousands, wonder what their story is. I can only imagine.

Advertisement