Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rebuildable discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

was.deevey wrote: »
    I certainly would except the shipping costs are horrendous, I think its about 60 euro for .5kg via DHL or Fedex but will check for sure tomorrow.

*edit Double checked with both fedex and DHL. 60 - 70, TNT is around 50 euro

Sending via regular post is around 40 euro but you may or may not get it :(

The price of postage from here is simply ridiculous. Where sending stuff to here is not too bad (apart from the import tax if you get hit which can be over 100%).

You'd think they'd make an effort to make the country into an export friendly economy at this stage (and not just its workers).

On one of the ex-pat forums a guy spoke words of wisdom: "everything you buy in the philippines, stays in the philippines when you leave"

If I ever decide to come back anytime soon I'll take orders on some of the bits available here.

Damn that's ****ing crazy expensive.

Anything else fancy you could get that would offset the shipping costs? :D haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

is the smoktech rda a direct rip of the era then?

Yeah pretty much..worth a punt for a tenner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

grindle wrote: »
    YOU were an admin?

We've been infiltrated guys, just keep calm and shut up!

lol, saw that alright, forgot I banned someone!

No need to be quake-ing in yer boots... you're all safe, reveal the terrible secret.

eeloe wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much..worth a punt for a tenner :)

are they the same width as an igo-l then?

might wait till bart gets em in and have a go. the thumbscrews look the bizzle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 toadinhole

artyeva wrote: »
    are they the same width as an igo-l then?

might wait till bart gets em in and have a go. the thumbscrews look the bizzle :)

smok rda is 18mm dia
    igo-l is 20mm dia

smok rda is 32mm high
    igo-l is 20mm high

smok rda is much lighter weight the top cap seems to be made from alluminium

i got one last week and it works great for me,still on the standard coil which is 2 ohms,just shortened the long wicks and moved the coil closer to the air hole
    putting about 10 - 15 drops in each time

getting large amount of flavour and vapour from it,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

The ERA is only 14mm Diameter x 23mm high, just about the same width as a standard ego.

Anything else fancy you could get that would offset the shipping costs? haha

Like these: :p

sentinel_5_.jpg

forge_1_-_base.jpg

532445_528120863879056_1668262917_n.jpg

photo.jpg

nzonic_base_.jpg

titan-2-tone.jpg

cheers. this is like having my own private on-demand virtual vernier calipers :)

The ERA is only 14mm Diameter x 23mm high, just about the same width as a standard ego.

Like these: :p

titan-2-tone.jpg

got a black Titan two weeks ago, cracking device! :)
    What's the price on the Forge dripper? :)

Its somewhere around 55 euro @ current exchange rates, maybe a lil more, not cheap.

The titan is about 95 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

I was just looking at all of these last night, the titan in particular. It's a pity the delivery is so steep.

spyder238 wrote: »
    I was just looking at all of these last night, the titan in particular. It's a pity the delivery is so steep.

You're more than welcome to try out my Titan, if your passing around the waterford direction anytime soon, before you drop the dollar on it! ;)

@ Wes....you sir, could have a tidy little number on your hands, if you can work out something better for shipping you can export stuff directly from over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

You're more than welcome to try out my Titan, if your passing around the waterford direction anytime soon, before you drop the dollar on it! ;)

Thanks very much!
    @ Wes....you sir, could have a tidy little number on your hands, if you can work out something better for shipping you can export stuff directly from over there.

I concur :pac:

That I know :( ... seeing if theres any other way to get it there, perhaps via shared container to relatives in the UK or something, not too many places do export on small items due to the costs, even fewer do loads to ireland as you can imagine.

Of course saved the best for last :p ... these bad boys are about from 7 - 15 euro hehe

Vaping is really a cottage industry over here, in fact if you check google trends the highest number of searches for "ecigs" is from the philippines globally.

042001134_085233824000657345000545218d396dc30fcacd8c8837fa2210a0b7c3e07e35ba4.jpg

082118430_08171318208e8900a825584fdb89fb5c000b04187aa20ca0e.jpg

Holy ****, smint's, haven't seen them in years! :-)

Now thats stealth vaping eh ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

forge_1_-_base.jpg
    ...annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd CLONED!
    New_arrvial_ecig_Forge_Atomizer_E_Cigaratte.jpg
    What diameter is this Forge thingy?

If I get it will my coils be this good?

2013_Newest_Forge_Atomizer_E_Cigaratte_pheonix.jpg

Looks like they just threw wire and wick at the thing and said a prayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, that wire looks a complete mess to me...not the greatest advert ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Quiet neat by my standards :-) Joke!
    Finally, could this be your nimbus Grindle ;-)

Green, hows the blue stuff working out? Wonder if its wonderfoam? Does it come in a4 sheets and about 5mm thick?

• Advertisement

I got it in a pet shop but I think it's actually too coarse. Tended to flood the wick a bit. I'll have a look for some finer stuff if I get a chance over the next couple of days. I'd say its a winner if you get the right weave. Easy to put in and no higher density pockets so should feed right to the last Id say.

I suppose you could compress the coarse stuff a bit either but Id prefer to get the right density. Sera wool is working pretty good for me at the moment though - takes a bit of faffing to get it right though.

Yeah, the sera wool does work well, and at least its easy to get hold of.

Is it that easy to get hold of?

The vapour art stuff is kind of sheeted but normally I think it comes in a big ball type of thing. Probably hard to get it right. Was thinking if trying some stuff from the 701 carts as well. That is already in pad form and wicks very well. Might see if I've a couple of carts somewhere.

I ran out and got some more from ESI without buying an a7.
    The beauty of the wonderfoam is you can just take it out, rinse it under a tap and dry by squeezing between kitchen paper, so it should last for ages.

You can buy the 'pad' form from VA too but the shipping cost would be a joke.....

I like the idea of the Juwel pad stuff though too. Should be chemical free so it should be safe. Dirt cheap too. I got years worth in one pad for a couple of euros.

Does the juwel stuff come in different grades? How thick is it? You could be onto a winner there!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Got my Igo-l on Friday(still waiting on wire & wick) and I noticed that the screw on the negative post won't screw down all the way.I would imagine both screws sit flush with the posts when fully tightened?

Anyway,I'll be using 0.15mm wire and .3mm wick as they were out of other options and was wondering had anyone any advice or tips they could share.Ive built heads before but this is my first RBA.

-TIA-

Well, I don't use 0.15 or 3mm wick but the principle is the same. Remember that the resistance is determined by the length of wire between the posts so you may need a turn more or less than what I use.

I use 0.2 kanthal and 2mm wick.

Cut a piece of wire and pass a lighter flame over it. It takes some of the spring from the wire. Some do it, some don't so if you don't have a source of flame it's not a deal breaker! It does help though.

For my set up I use a thin needle and bend a piece of 2mm wick so that there's a loop at one end and the tails at the other.

Lay the 2 strands beside the needle. Catch one end of the wire underneath your thumb and wind 4 turns of wire around the needle/wick. Simple as that.

You should now have a coil and wick and a needle acting as support.

Insert one of the wire tails into the hole in one of the posts. Pull it through so that its close to the post but not so close that the coil is touching the post. Insert the other tail into the other post in the same way. Snip off the excess tails close to the posts. That's important or you could get a short against the body of the RBA.

Straighten up the coil so that its in line with the posts. Something like a H shape with the posts being the verticals on the H and the coil being the horizontal on the H.

Remove the needle!

Done!

Edit: That gives me around 2.0 ohms.

Oh, you could just fire it and check that the turns are glowing evenly. Not as big an issue as with mesh though.

Worth having a look through the first few pages of Ze Bulli thread too. The Bulli uses screws instead of posts with holes but there's some decent diagrams in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Any recommendations for my next RBA - currently using an Aga T+ & a IGO-L Dripper.

I want to replace the agaT as its leaking all the time, I do have the silica post taken out when i tried a dual coil setup but its airlocked with it in.

ill spend some amount of money if its worth it but no more than say €40.

A non leaker would be great

• Advertisement

A Bulli Classic is a fantastic attie. You can use carts in it or use it for dripping. Dripping mode is almost unbeatable on the Bulli. It's outstanding. Works well enough with the carts too but a bit cooler.

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=67&lang=eng

And

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=177&lang=eng

You can attach a drip tip to the carts or not use the carts at all. SS and will last forever.

The other great option is the Clockworks RDA. Holds about 15 to 20 drops. Really easy to rebuild and solid as a rock as well.

Advertisement