Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rebuildable discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Normally expect Digby to fly in about the Bulli and RDA by this stage.........God, he loved the Bulli.

One cheaper RBA is the A7. That's a very good little dripper. It can be converted to an -oid as well. Air holes in the 510 connection so it doesn't leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Well, I don't use 0.15 or 3mm wick but the principle is the same. Remember that the resistance is determined by the length of wire between the posts so you may need a turn more or less than what I use.

I use 0.2 kanthal and 2mm wick.

Cut a piece of wire and pass a lighter flame over it. It takes some of the spring from the wire. Some do it, some don't so if you don't have a source of flame it's not a deal breaker! It does help though.

For my set up I use a thin needle and bend a piece of 2mm wick so that there's a loop at one end and the tails at the other.

Lay the 2 strands beside the needle. Catch one end of the wire underneath your thumb and wind 4 turns of wire around the needle/wick. Simple as that.

You should now have a coil and wick and a needle acting as support.

Insert one of the wire tails into the hole in one of the posts. Pull it through so that its close to the post but not so close that the coil is touching the post. Insert the other tail into the other post in the same way. Snip off the excess tails close to the posts. That's important or you could get a short against the body of the RBA.

Straighten up the coil so that its in line with the posts. Something like a H shape with the posts being the verticals on the H and the coil being the horizontal on the H.

Remove the needle!

Done!

Edit: That gives me around 2.0 ohms.

Oh, you could just fire it and check that the turns are glowing evenly. Not as big an issue as with mesh though.

Worth having a look through the first few pages of Ze Bulli thread too. The Bulli uses screws instead of posts with holes but there's some decent diagrams in there.

Great stuff Greens,thanks for all that.The 'Ze Bulli' thread is good,some nice straightforward guides in there.I hope there's nothing wrong with the negative post screw that wont tighten fully-time will tell I suppose.

If you hear of a bomb scare in Dublin tomorrow you'll know its just some poor soul trying to put together some wick and coil:o

A Bulli Classic is a fantastic attie. You can use carts in it or use it for dripping. Dripping mode is almost unbeatable on the Bulli. It's outstanding.

Although I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to RBA's,I've watched a few vids on the Bulli and its a great looking piece of kit.Looks so well made and gets a lot of good reviews.

I also like the look and the price of the Zeus-

That Todd bastard(hes actually a nice fella)gets some of the nicest looking mods I've seen,although I'm not a fan of that squonking box thingy.I'm guessing himself and superneat would get on pretty well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Try completely unscrewing the screw and screw it back in if it turns out to be a problem.maybe that'll fix it

Had already tried that dude but thanks for the suggestion.Seems to be working fine but I would prefer if it captured the wire better.Speaking of which,not a big fan of the AWG34 wire,too thin to make working with comfortable.

Doesn't give you enough coverage either,as 3 wraps gets me around 2.2ohms,although with practise I'm sure I'll fine tune it.
    Might try the Ribbon next.
    Im content enough with the Igo-l.Its a handy,inexpensive atty to have but because its mass produced in that hell hole of a country,there's always gonna be quality control issues.

Now I need to decide whether I want the Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic.

What are you using these days Sticky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I'm using the evic and the vamo mainly. I use the vamo in 350 mode only as its massive in 650 mode and a bit heavy and it sounds like a rattlesnake, so maybe that's a plus for you? :-)

Evic I use in 350 mode out and about and its pretty stealthy. At home I use it in 650 mode and the battery lasts me ages.

Mainly I'm using AGR cartos tank ,want to get a killer and km tank or something similar. I also use the vapeonly bcc and pro tank for ease of use even though flavour suffers a little.

I use a mech mod gp paps with igol dual coil for a good kick. Or with pro tank for out and about.

That's what I'm using. That could change once I get off my ass and buy a killer and also get my agat2 setup. But currently trying to save money and concentrating on finding another few juices which I could fall in love with first.

The killer looks beautiful so you really have no choice but to get one :)
    Would look pretty sweet with the Paps.

So the wonky screw on the Igo had my resistances fluctuating like a dainty jockeys ballbag.Just wouldn't screw down far enough to capture the wire.
    Got in touch with TBS and got a really quick response from Bart,who said he'd send a replacement out first thing in the morning.Really good customer service and very much appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Do yourself a flavour sticky! Get one or (three)!

IMG_0704.JPG

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I really really wish i could have liked the killer, but i dunno, the vape was just really warm for my liking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I tried to like the spiral a couple of months back but it was too warm for me as well. Pity though.

Sold it to Digby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Folks this probably doesn't sit here exactly but I'm having a bad time with my new paps and aga-t+ and need advice.

Got the aga coiled at 1.2Ohms and the PAPS in 18350 mode using efest and aw batteries.

My problem is that I get about 20 mins decent vapage out of a fresh battery umtil it just becomes cool and slow to heat up. In fact the button seems to heat up quicker than the coil. Don't seem to have a short in the aga as it'll work fine on my vamo and the batteries barely go past half depletion and work fine in the vamo to the death.

Any advice please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Have you got a multimeter?
    That way you can check if it's the initial drop from 4.2v to 3.7v (in which case you need to coil to suit the resistance so the first 20mins is that little bit too harsh but the next 2 hours are great)
    OR
    your batteries might be knackered. The Paps has brass contacts so the voltage drop from it's internal resistance (plus the battery's internal resistance...) shouldn't be more than around 0.3 of a V. The AGA's internal resistance might bump that up a decimal or 2.

Coil to 1.0ohms and suffer the first few mins of too-strong vaping and see how long they last after that.

Ok battery is currently 3.7V and I've taken a wrap off the coil and reading 1Ohm on the vamo. will check out coil on a freshly charged bat soon.

There's a lot to be said for regulated devices I must say. But the PAPS IS NICE IN 18350 mode. My efest batt are only a few weeks old and they fine in the vamo. What are best batteries for running a mech mod at low ohms?

The AWs hold their voltage slightly better than the eFests (0.1-0.2v higher @ 5A) and generally have higher mAh than their labelling says (whereas the eFests are usually just under), so they should last a few more drags than an eFest... But double the cost's worth?

I dunno. Maybe?

They're both able for high-drain but you should look at the bottom of that page and see that when they're pumping out a high current the small batteries drop voltage very quickly. 0.8-1.0ohm is probably the best resistance to be looking for considering the battery is Conan be spending most of it's time in the 3-3.5v range. (Did a lot of matching there and it looks like that eFest went down to 3.5v after the equivalent of four or five 5 second drags.
    EDIT:TOTALLY DID MY MATHS WRONG! After about 40-50 drags. We'll call it quits at 45.
    Be different if they were bigger batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Im seriously considering getting an 1880 tube for the paps so I can use a 650 and kick, but then it wouldnt be far off the size of a vamo and almost the same as a lavatube!
    Dont think that switch should be heating up like that, that heat could be draining the battery, might want to open it up and have a peek inside.

It'd be the same size as the Vamo... In 18350 mode. Still not too big.

I've been looking for 14650 mods. Got kind of jealous when I saw how small and slim my friend's ecig is today, and 14650s still have a reasonable capacity and discharge rating... But there are no tiny 14650s tube mods (reasonably-priced, superneat, reasonably priced). I think. IGO-S and two batteries a day... I dunno. Seems like I'd be flunking myself back to the constant charging and I hate that so much.

OFF-TOPIC TRAIN, CHOO CHOO!

Im talking about an 1880 tube that takes a 650 and kick, f*ckin huge, could get a 650 tube and 500 battery with kick but I kinda need the battery life and I wanna kick! Only getting about 2 hours out of a 350.
    Actually Grindle, your right(as usual :'( )

grindle wrote: »
    But there are no tiny 14650s tube mods (reasonably-priced, superneat, reasonably priced)

I've got your back grindle!

leo1.jpg
    leo2.jpg
    P4230052.JPG

You have your choice of polished or brushed and you can pay extra for the carbon.

leo5.JPG

The Leo is only 14500 but I find that's more than enough, the AW's are 600mah and I think the efests are 800mah so that's a fair amount of vape time.

The retail price on these will be €90 and more for the carbon fibre. Is that cheap enough for you?

No???? :eek::eek::eek:

Ok, head over to ukvapers

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-mod-LEO-14500-final-payment

Get yourself one of these beauts for €36.40, delivered!

Of course I'm down for two and a carbon tube as well (extra €13).

Don't say I never did anything for ya! :P

I was looking at it earlier but that extra 1.5cm on a 14650 means at least one less battery to charge per day.

A whole AT LEAST ONE. Perhaps two, who knows? Not me.

Are my eyes very tired or is there an eVic on the bottom left? The tubes hardly fit that? Is the eVic not thicker?

EDIT: and look at that. 85mm long with a 14500. Atrocious. That bottom button could've been spared 1cm at least, it's HuuuuuuuuuuuGe.

No the evic is shown because he makes tubes for that also! Jeez, you're a hard man to please, you can't have your cake and eat it!

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks
    Dont think that switch should be heating up like that, that heat could be draining the battery, might want to open it up and have a peek inside.

Not much to see there. Brass button, a spring, and a brass holding nut. Why is it heating up so much you think?

I know. It just seems like we're years away from a nice small thin tube that's regulated and handles 5A without too much of a kick to the battery-life goolies.

I wish the future would stop being so slow, I've been waiting ages. 18350s'd want to cop themselves on and double in capacity.

Thats a sweet deal, would that be same width as a spheroid?...and do I need a paypal account to get my grubby mits on one?

I know. It just seems like we're years away from a nice small thin tube that's regulated and handles 5A without too much of a kick to the battery-life goolies.

I wish the future would stop being so slow, I've been waiting ages. 18350s'd want to cop themselves on and double in capacity.
    Stupid 350's :-D
    Gone all stealthy myself lately, just got back from 4 days in Amsterdam, was travelling light so all I brought was 5x1000mah egos, 1 a7, 3 chargers and some wick and wire. I was a bit worried that I might fall off the wagon but it was grand!

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Thats a sweet deal, would that be same width as a spheroid?...and do I need a paypal account to get my grubby mits on one?

The very same. Paypal is required though!

18500's FTW!!

To be honest, I get about 4 days from an 18350. But that's cause I've about 5 of them going at the same time in different devices so it takes a while to drain them!

Add to that 2 18500's an 2 18650's, pure bollox keeping track of the "fresh ones" though!

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Stupid 350's :-D
    Gone all stealthy myself lately, just got back from 4 days in Amsterdam, was travelling light so all I brought was 5x1000mah egos, 1 a7, 3 chargers and some wick and wire. I was a bit worried that I might fall off the wagon but it was grand!
    Yeah. I'd cope if stretched but... Egos. Single coils. Back to a trillion ml a day. Might need an eGo&iGO-S suppository to get me by, gimme that extra kick.
    superneat wrote: »
    18500's FTW!!

To be honest, I get about 4 days from an 18350. But that's cause I've about 5 of them going at the same time in different devices so it takes a while to drain them!

Add to that 2 18500's an 2 18650's, pure bollox keeping track of the "fresh ones" though!
    18500s'd want to get a move on too. I won't stand for their crap much longer. 2000mAh or bust.
    I went from fresh 18350 to lacklustre vapour there in about an hour and a half, 1ohm DC.

MY LIFE IS SO HARD. *sob*

First world problems! I'd rather walk a day and a half for water, than recoil this feckin killer! :mad::mad:

Seriously! They don't know how hard we have it. Mocking those of us on AdBlock-unsupported devices from their UNICEF safe haven in the corner there. Talk about smug.

Haven't even touched the Killer since my dual-coil debacle. All heat and no vapour makes me spiteful. Plus emptying the tank seems like it'll take way longer than it actually will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

http://www.youvape.com/E-Power-14650-_p_27.html

14650 mod - regulated too

Doesnt look pretty but for 15 squids.

Advertisement