Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rebuildable discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Cool, thanks

Not much to see there. Brass button, a spring, and a brass holding nut. Why is it heating up so much you think?

Dont know tbh, could the spring be damaged, or something making a bad contact in there? I had a 1.2ohm coil on the paps and the switch only got slighty warm while chain vaping. If the power is running freely trough the switch it shouldnt get hot afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Half thinking of getting a Bulli mod. Nothing fancy about them but they do look pretty compact and would be extremely well engineered. Various sizes available:

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?k=1&lang=eng

The elite and basic look quite ego sized. Even the extreme looks compact enough.

Half thinking of getting a Bulli mod. Nothing fancy about them but they do look pretty compact and would be extremely well engineered. Various sizes available:

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?k=1&lang=eng

The elite and basic look quite ego sized. Even the extreme looks compact enough.

Excuse my ignorance (again) but which one is the bulli atomizer, is it the A1 and A2?

Well, the Bulli A2 Classic, A2-t and A2-tm are the three atomisers. I have all three......the Classic is excellent in dripping mode.

It's the battery mods that I'm thinking of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

they look nice actually! wich one would you go for?

• Advertisement

Not sure actually.....they look nice and compact. Thinking of the elite or basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Folks this probably doesn't sit here exactly but I'm having a bad time with my new paps and aga-t+ and need advice.

Got the aga coiled at 1.2Ohms and the PAPS in 18350 mode using efest and aw batteries.

My problem is that I get about 20 mins decent vapage out of a fresh battery umtil it just becomes cool and slow to heat up. In fact the button seems to heat up quicker than the coil. Don't seem to have a short in the aga as it'll work fine on my vamo and the batteries barely go past half depletion and work fine in the vamo to the death.

Any advice please?

For the record, and at the risk of dragging this OT again, discovered this problem was due to the spring in the firing button. Fixed it by making sure the spring was coiled tightly and not touching off the sides of the button assembly (more info here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/euro-suppliers/357856-gp-series-vapourart-official-thread-gp-spheroid-gp-paps-gp-piccolo-more-77-print.html) Although I don't quite understand how this makes a difference as surely the spring is in circuit anyway?!?

Result is new RSST clone is wrapped with .5x.1 ribbon kanthal, got some brand new 18500's and using my 18500 PAPS tube. Tis near knocking my knocking my head off.

Also, texas select flue cured tobacco is noice!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

What's a good Genesis style atty to use for a silica build?Was considering the RSST.Any better options?

I was actually considering this a while back,but after reading a bad review was turned off.Dunno though,maybe it was the review which was bad!

• Advertisement

Dunno - not that expensive to try out though. Should work with mesh u wick too I'd say.

Of course there's always the well proven Clockworks RTA? One of the first rebuildables out there along with the RDA.

http://clockworks-cornwall.co.uk/

Dunno - not that expensive to try out though. Should work with mesh u wick too I'd say.

Of course there's always the well proven Clockworks RTA? One of the first rebuildables out there along with the RDA.

That is class looking.Have you got one Green?

It's worth having a browse of the forums on them, in a good way. They are very highly rated and they've been around since well before rebuildables became main stream. In fact, I think the terms RDA and RTA originated from them.

I don't have an RTA but I have the RDA. It was the first rebuildable I bought way back when. It will last forever and its solid and robust and easy to rebuild.

Didn't get the RTA because I never had a suitable mod. If I had a suitable mod I'd buy one.

Steve, the designer and manufacturer, is a lovely guy too.

Hmmm, haven't thought about one of these for a long time, getting interested myself again now....

They seem to be the originators alright,which is a pretty cool claim.

You should go for one seeing as you have a mod now.I'd definitely consider it after tinkering with something cheaper first.

Did you order any Ekowool yet Green?I've mine here,gonna do a build with it later.
    I ordered the 3mm,but it looks more like 6!

Nah, I have a decent amount of wick still so I'm holding off. Some of the reviews are a bit mixed as well. Let us know how it works for you.

Nah, I have a decent amount of wick still so I'm holding off. Some of the reviews are a bit mixed as well. Let us know how it works for you.

Yeah the reviews have been all over the shop,so it should be interesting.I might try cotton if this is cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Ionised

That is a lovely looking atty. One to add to the wish list.

Yeah - there's three wick holes in it too so wicking shouldn't be a problem. As I said before, Steve is one really nice guy to deal with too.

I couldnt get the r tank to wick properly for me, it just couldnt get juice up to coil fast enough for chain vaping, constant dry hits, I presume the rta with 3 wick holes would wick alot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Did you order any Ekowool yet Green?I've mine here,gonna do a build with it later.
    I ordered the 3mm,but it looks more like 6!

I got the 2mm and testing it now in an igo-l.
    I don't like how it unbraids so easily and rapidly but it is easier to coil and the braiding density is better for minimizing dry hits. How you getting on with the 3mm? I'd say its a bit thick for any small drippers?
    Would it be a bad idea to wrap or "coil" the easily frayed wick ends in no resistance wire about 2mm from the end of the coil to help it keep its shape? Something tells me that's probably a bad idea.. I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

quintron wrote: »
    Would it be a bad idea to wrap or "coil" the easily frayed wick ends in no resistance wire about 2mm from the end of the coil to help it keep its shape? Something tells me that's probably a bad idea.. I know.
    As long as you keep it well away from the coils nearest the positive post you're grand.

Will the day ever come that there will be actual consumables that are as good, or nearly as good as rebuildables?

That said, I suppose they are getting better. Anybody remember the smokeymisers......needed a syringe to fill them and they used to destroy 3 or 4 batteries before breakfast? There was some awful stuff around a couple of years ago. The only real rebuildables were the Bulli and Clockworks RDA and they cost a fortune at that time. I think the Clockworks stuff had about 3 or 4 months waiting time!

Ah, those were the days alright! Burnt taste or destroyed battery sir?

Yeah, I had those smokeymizers, I gave a box of them away recently, they were mad yokes, dirty rubbery taste off them.
    They were one of the first things I used after 510 attys.
    I used to think the condensation in the mouthpiece was leaking juice, and I used to suck it out with a syringe and squirt it back into the bottle :-)
    Oh those were the days :-)

Ha ha, I'd forgotten about the juice under the drip tip! What a disaster they were!

I remember sitting in my car in town, filling them with a syringe and getting some really weird looks!
    Non rebuildable vision clearos, they were another vaping disaster :-)

It's already possible - just imagine something like a rectangular evod coil head unit thingy (but wider so I can fit two coils in) that sits into the base of a rebuildable like the Phoenix or iGO.

The seat for the coil could even be placed directly in front of the airhole (preferably adjustable) so people can't fûck up the placement.

The way things are moving, it will probably be available next week!

Hopefully! There's gold in them thar hills.

And again, a 22mm protank with a carto diameter tube would basically be the Killer. There's no reason to not make it.

• Advertisement

Im waiting for a billion mah nuclear powered battery, the size of a five cent coin and costs the same.
    Its only a matter of time. :-)

Advertisement