Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park deal to fail

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,631 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

johnnydeep wrote: »
    have you any proof of this. nobody I know was CREAMING it. the construction industry was EARNING good money and those employed in frontline got wage
    increases to match that. despite the fact that those working in construction being paid relative to the amount of work they were doing. working 12 hours a day driving hundreds of miles. while those in the public sector.....

Have you any proof of the latter ....?

I used to pal around with a mixed group, Private and Public, and the slagging was over the top at times. The "i can earn in 2 days what you get in 5" type of thing.

You must be very young if you don't remember similar things happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The 'state' has run out of brains.

Enda =we need 7%
    Enda = we need 300 million per annum
    Payroll = 14 billion
    7% = 980 million not 300 million
    2.14% = 300 million
    Enda = moron

Don't let yourself be treated like a mushroom, 'most of the country' need to think to themselves, how damaged a system do you want at the end of this crisis, by the time this Government has ruined beyond repair the services people want and need.

i think it was 1 billion over three years starting with a reduction of 300 million in the first year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭johnnydeep

No you think that (and you're wrong) , most people agree that people working education, healthcare, policing etc deserve everything they get and are undervalued and underpaid if anything.

have you any proof of that I know of nobody that believes that. in fact I know the majority of people wouldn't trust the gardai as far as you could throw them. that's across urban, rural working and middle classes. as for nurses the only thing standing to them is nobody know how much they are paid. I know a few people who are working in admin in hospitals. they are on bad money and squeezed to more work. up to 50 hours a week, if I said they had a severe dislike for the whole nursing sector, I would be putting it mildly

• Registered Users Posts: 51,631 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

have you any proof of that I know of nobody that believes that. in fact I know the majority of people wouldn't trust the gardai as far as you could throw them. that's across urban, rural working and middle classes. as for nurses the only thing standing to them is nobody know how much they are paid. I know a few people who are working in admin in hospitals. they are on bad money and squeezed to more work. up to 50 hours a week, if I said they had a severe dislike for the whole nursing sector, I would be putting it mildly

You seem to be a very sad and begrudging wee man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Wow. You must walk with a limp due to the size of the chip on your shoulder.

• Advertisement

Yes in fact I do I know many people who believe that, do you have any proof of your outlandish claims you peasant?

I have more respect for a criminal in mountjoy than a person like you who is disrespecting nurses, I really hope you are left to rot when the day comes that you need the help of a nurse. When you are crying for some help I hope you remember the bull sh1t you have been peddling over the last while.

Yes in fact I do I know many people who believe that, do you have any proof of your outlandish claims you peasant?

I have more respect for a criminal in mountjoy than a person like you who is disrespecting nurses, I really hope you are left to rot when the day comes that you need the help of a nurse. When you are crying for some help I hope you remember the bull sh1t you have been peddling over the last while.
    this is one of the main problems that people I know who have been in hospital claim. the nurses do leave them to rot. on the bright side they can hear the joyous laughter coming from the nurses station where they are all drinking tea and discussing who got the ride last night and marrying gardai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

this is one of the main problems that people I know who have been in hospital claim. the nurses do leave them to rot. on the bright side they can hear the joyous laughter coming from the nurses station where they are all drinking tea and discussing who got the ride last night and marrying gardai

Quick post before school.....?

btw - your posts would be funnier (and closer to the bone) if you dropped a reference in about Coppers.

why don't you go the whole hog and say I should be shot for expressing my opinion. this is the kind of aggression I expect from the p.s and yet you claim you don't work there. are you like the rest of the gardai a bit shy about telling people where you work. strange that when people alledgedly have so much respect for the gardai that they are so reluctant to tell people what they do for a living

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Your a complete joke at this stage, if you are representative of the private sector then I rest my case!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

why don't you go the whole hog and say I should be shot for expressing my opinion. this is the kind of aggression I expect from the p.s and yet you claim you don't work there. are you like the rest of the gardai a bit shy about telling people where you work. strange that when people alledgedly have so much respect for the gardai that they are so reluctant to tell people what they do for a living

You are the one who won't tell us what you work at!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Guards don't need to tell you what they do for a living, you muppet - you can spot them a mile away with their big bogger heads!! :pac:

......they also don't need to say WHERE they work - you see those little letters and numbers on their shoulders - that tells you who they are, and where they are based.

.....now off to school before you miss the bus and mammy has to give you a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

true wrote: »
    "industrial unrest"?? The public sector is not industry. Workers in industry are paid an average of 32k a year and statistics show they take half the sickies the public service take. You will not find undustrial unrest.

You may find elements in the public service may want to strike when the troika will not "lend" as much money anymore. They are still lending €1,250,000,000.00 per month just to keep ublic expenditure as high as it is, which is higher than in their own countries. That is unsustainable. Thats why the Taoiseach yesterday said there is no job security in the public service if they do not co-operate with cuts. yahoo, :D

Define Industry?

Industrial unrest will effect everyone - not just public sector workers.
    As I said, the Toika have had 3 years to "Slash and burn" and they tend to do it in a more managed way from what I have seen, than many of the posters on this forum would like to see it done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I think its about time we saw hundreads of thousands of people on mass protest in this country.

Because no matter what anyone says here,or on the news,Kenny and Gilmore will still try and ripp off the people of Ireland.

Yet they will line their own pockets with nice fat financial perks and pensions for life.

The only way now to show the goverment is large scale protests and strike action from the unions and the people of Ireland.

Call Gilmores and Labours bluff and see how many or the turn coats will vote for the pay cuts in the dail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Your a complete joke at this stage, if you are representative of the private sector then I rest my case!

I've no interest into getting into this private v public debate but I do find it rich that you would so easily far an entire 1.5 million workforce with the one brush. Just as there are wasters in the private sector there are wasters in the public. Lets not try and suggest everyone in either sector are efficent ant what they do.

As for one person gloating they made more money over another in the Celtic tiger that wasn't exclusively private over public. These people are just aholes and why anyone would hang around with them is a mystery to me. Normal people don't brag about their wealth or income.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

kippy wrote: »
    Define Industry?

Industrial unrest will effect everyone - not just public sector workers.
    As I said, the Toika have had 3 years to "Slash and burn" and they tend to do it in a more managed way from what I have seen, than many of the posters on this forum would like to see it done.

He's banned. You won't get a reply. Well maybe a mysterious new poster will appear with similar views....

strange that when people alledgedly have so much respect for the gardai that they are so reluctant to tell people what they do for a living

I have stated a number of times on the thread that I am a Phd student.

You on the other hand have refused to even give an indication of what you do. What I have quoted above is one hell of a hypocritical statement.

Advertisement