Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

jezzer wrote: »
    when the russian one was riding him i thought they looked alike

I think that cause he was imagining it was his wife.

Tom Hardy for bond anyone?
    Tom Hardys starting to remind me of Johnny Depp, hiding his good looks by playing these ugly characters and he uses the same accent a lot as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭cozar

Another series wasting my life waiting for next to come around can't wait!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

fin12 wrote: »
    Tom Hardys starting to remind me of Johnny Depp, hiding his good looks by playing these ugly characters and he uses the same accent a lot as well.

yes i agree, he tries to make himself as disheveled as possible, he uses this gruff stuttery cockney accent an awful lot but hey it works, excellent actor

It makes sense. Hardy doesn't want to get roles just because he's a handsome chap, which happens quite a lot, but because he can play these complex characters.

This season was a little.. disappointing. I'm still not certain what was going on with the Russians. It just seemed to be a bit of a mess.

• Advertisement

It makes sense. Hardy doesn't want to get roles just because he's a handsome chap, which happens quite a lot, but because he can play these complex characters.

This season was a little.. disappointing. I'm still not certain what was going on with the Russians. It just seemed to be a bit of a mess.

i agree, i really dont see the point of the whole Russian thing, it only distracted from the real storyline, also, how can a smallish gang like the peakys keep control of every gang from brum to london without some sort of backlash all the while still have time to p*ss about with the russians?

also can someone explain what the orgy in the russians house was all about? was that something that russians typically engaged in at the time?

I missed the episode right after it happened (and can't be arsed catching up), but Tommy Shelby seemingly recovered from a fractured skull pretty quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭De Bhál

"IN A DUSTY BLACK COAT AND A RED WHITE HAAND"

mess of a season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I've only watched as far as episode 3 I'm finding it tough going tbh.

but he never plays the handsome chap well very rarely that comedy he did with Reese Witherspoon i just feel like hes going down the same road now that Johnny Depp has gone, cant they just show off their beauty once in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ruu wrote: »
    I don't think it is a betrayal, although it is hard not to see it that way. Who has Tommy done a deal with that is bigger than their enemy though?

He said he's made a deal with the government

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    giphy.gif

omg I could look at that photo all day. :):)

fin12 wrote: »
    omg I could look at that photo all day. :):)

his best performance was in the drop with jimmy gandolfini

just watched the final episode over the weekend, so tommy has made some sort of a deal with inspector moss? what is that all about? and to make the already complicated russian business even more complicated the mad russian duchess was behind it all along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I enjoyed the season because it's just such a stylish and engrossing programme overall and I have bonded with the characters, but it was not up to the same standard as seasons 1 and 2. Filler I think.

I'm expecting great things from season 4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

sadie06 wrote: »
    Filler I think.

I'm expecting great things from season 4 though.

Yep. Exactly what I'm thinking. Laying the new ground work. I'm watching 3/6 tonight. (No TV and prefer to binge watch anyway)

What's amusing me in this series is the subtitles. Was it episode three where Tommy leans into Polly and says; " Johnny's kaired a yog. "? Tatchi romanes! :D

No! It was episode one! 41.00 Minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Elvis Lennon

It is a great show but I agree series three is not as good as one and two.
    Got a bit lost in the middle, still cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I just watched the last episode last night.
    I'd agree with everyone that says it wasn't as good as 1&2.
    I think it's lost a lot now Tommy is the top dog and the stuff with the Russians was just confusing.
    The final episode where the plot lines were tied up was a bit of an anti climax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Struggling to get through this at the moment after having it recommended by numerous people.

About half way through season 2 and I think I might be done. It's tedious paint-by-numbers stuff.

The antihero main character who always gets the girl from the other side of the tracks, plans within plans with people working for the other side but not really, no important characters die or change in any meaningful way, the entire series only really exists to build up to the last 10 minutes of the final episode of the series, the "cool" music montage with the "crew" walking down a street all badass in slow motion, the mad dog good guy so that there can be some ultraviolence that we don't feel bad about.

Reminds me of Sons of Anarchy and that isn't a good thing. I think it wants to be a British version of Boardwalk Empire but it isn't even remotely as good.

Oh I forgot : the den mother who is supposed to be hard as nails and take no guff but is actually incredibly emotionally fragile, spends half her scenes crying and only exists to ham handedly advance boring side plots.

• Advertisement

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I think it wants to be a British version of Boardwalk Empire but it isn't even remotely as good.

I think the exact reverse! BE is nowhere near as good as PB. I gave up on it as its gratuitousness was very irritating. Too drawn out also.

I agree season 3 lacked something. I missed the claustrophobic feel of the other two series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ah now, I enjoy Peaky Blinders and it has its moments but it falls way short of Boardwalk Empire in all departments! I actually started watching it after I finished Boardwalk Empire hoping for a British take with a very similar tone and the same grit, but I was sorely disappointed. Eventually I started to like PB for what it is though and I have to say I thought the latest season was actually more compelling then the first two. I would say it's a decent show but nothing more, Boardwalk Empire however I consider a masterpiece, at least for the first three seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I've watched the first two seasons on Netflix over the last few days. I'm absolutely loving it! It's supposed to've been available on Netflix since lat May but no sign of it yet on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Binge watched it all over the last 2 weeks. Season 3 was definitely a bit of a mess. Very hard to follow. The show has so many great characters and it's so well shot so hopefully season 4 will be back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Season 3 has actually soured my memory of the great first 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Hans_Memling

It's a good but not spectacular Boardwalk Empire clone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Shane St. wrote: »
    Binge watched it all over the last 2 weeks. Season 3 was definitely a bit of a mess. Very hard to follow. The show has so many great characters and it's so well shot so hopefully season 4 will be back on track

Yeah season 3 was all over the place.

It's very good but some storylines really let it down. They should never have brought Grace back.

Yeah season 3 was all over the place.

It's very good but some storylines really let it down. They should never have brought Grace back.

Agreed. She is the weakest element in it by far!

any idea when the next season will air?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

any idea when the next season will air?

At a guess I'd say around Autumn time.

Advertisement