Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don't really know what's going on in this season apart from Grace dying, the duchess is a Pycho, your one prolly being painted, and have no idea what the business is with the Russians. Don't know what the Peaky blinders are doing anymore business wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

fin12 wrote: »
    I don't really know what's going on in this season apart from Grace dying, the duchess is a Pycho, your one prolly being painted, and have no idea what the business is with the Russians. Don't know what the Peaky blinders are doing anymore business wise?

Aye! The first 2 seasons were good because they were local (B/ham, London) but this season is hard going compared to them with the Russians

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Great series IMHO, can't believe I've to wait a month after watching them all in 3 weeks. 1 of the best soundtracks to a TV series ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm a bit lost after that. I didn't get the final scene, who has Tommy done a deal with?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm a bit lost after that. I didn't get the final scene, who has Tommy done a deal with?

My take on it is that there was going to be fall out from the night before's actions (they did kill a very powerful priest and blew up a train after all) but Tommy had it covered, he was going to trying to get the family onside first but Polly stopped him so he had to drop the bombshell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

It took me a few minutes of googling to understand the last five minutes, including figuring out who the f*ck Lizzy is. Maybe she was in this series, but I have no memory of her since she was in season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

Clareman wrote: »
    My take on it is that there was going to be fall out from the night before's actions (they did kill a very powerful priest and blew up a train after all) but Tommy had it covered, he was going to trying to get the family onside first but Polly stopped him so he had to drop the bombshell.
    My take is the money he was showing/sharing around was basically hin saying "do what I say and this is what you will get" as he knew they were gonna be busted.

Overall the season 3 has been more miss than hit for me. Overly complex plot with a bit too much chopping and jumping, I suppose it proves its difficult to develop a story in 6 episodes. Still a great show and very enjoyable, but I thought the finale was just a bit flat in comparison to season 1&2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭Dave0301

gucci wrote: »
    My take is the money he was showing/sharing around was basically hin saying "do what I say and this is what you will get" as he knew they were gonna be busted.

Overall the season 3 has been more miss than hit for me. Overly complex plot with a bit too much chopping and jumping, I suppose it proves its difficult to develop a story in 6 episodes. Still a great show and very enjoyable, but I thought the finale was just a bit flat in comparison to season 1&2.

The first two seasons had a more natural rise to glory storyline for the Peaky Blinders which is why they worked so well. This season had a different vibe to it as they were already at the top.

Going on the ending I would imagine season 4 is going to see the majority of them turn on Tommy after how he played them. I can see Polly being hell-bent on bringing him down considering the influence he has had on Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

By order of the Peaky fookin Blinders , isn't that right Tommy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I don't think it is a betrayal, although it is hard not to see it that way. Who has Tommy done a deal with that is bigger than their enemy though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

It took me a few minutes of googling to understand the last five minutes, including figuring out who the f*ck Lizzy is. Maybe she was in this series, but I have no memory of her since she was in season 1.

Lizzie was the girl who said he used to have her bent over a table, remember in the episode when the women went on strike. He was saying she was the one who saved him from going out of his mind not the mad Russian one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Finale was decent enough, last weeks episode was dire, it feels a bit rushed in the writing, like they knew what would happen in the first 2 series and this was a bolt on.

He keeps getting saved by someone new at the end and owing them start of next series, would like to see this trend break.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I enjoyed it, but, must admit, the amount of double crossing was getting a bit on the ridiculous side by the time that Russian floozy sauntered off at the end....

I hope in the knowledge they have 2 more seasons guaranteed that the story develops a bit better than this season did. I enjoyed it as I love the characters, the production values & the standard of the acting (one or two actors aside) is generally fantastic, but do think it was the weakest of the three seasons to date.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I wonder will parts of the next series be set on the east coast of the US. This series they've been talking about opening up a Boston office for their trading enterprise.

It might be interesting to see them try and get involved in the rackets over there and mix it up with the prohibition era Mafia and Irish Mob. Although I suppose that may be perceived as stepping on the toes of shows like Boardwalk Empire and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Jaysus, this show is so leaden and awkward, I am giving up. Season 3 consisted of Cillian Murphy chain smoking, shagging and talking to dodgy Russian sorts. The plot is ridiculous frankly. The end scene was high farce

Did Tommy rat out his family to the police? What was the reason for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wasn't mad on Season 1 and 2 I have to admit, Cillian Murphy is excellent but the show just didn't grab me - but I really did enjoy Season 3, definitely my favourite of the run so far. It's actually the most graphic of the three, there's a noticable shift in on-screen violence and nudity from previous seasons. Not that that makes the season by any means, but all in all, I just found it far more engaging and less predictable than previous seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

I have to say the last episode was better than I expected. They did a fairly good job tying it all up.

Tommy really had some tough decisions to make in that episode, sending him down the tunnel was a great bit of writing, if we remember back to when he was having the nightmares about being down the trenches in the war. Without hesitation Tommy fires himself down to build the tunnel himself because he knows he has to get it done quickly, really tense stuff.

Some parts were a little silly (a fragile tunnel with dynamite at the end? sure it won't collapse lads?) and the whole thing with Polly was a little off, the season itself probably could have done with a few more episodes tbh.

But what about Tom Hardy though? He absolutely stole the show in his showdown with Tommy, displaying his absolute rage and telling Tommy some home truths. Fantastic actor, really plays a psychopath well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

weemcd wrote: »

But what about Tom Hardy though? He absolutely stole the show in his showdown with Tommy, displaying his absolute rage and telling Tommy some home truths. Fantastic actor, really plays a psychopath well.

Agree 100%.
    I have to say the dynamic between Hardy & Paul Anderson (a very very underrated actor IMO) in their scene was superb, from an acting & indeed a writing POV it was one of the most engaging & tense scenes in all 3 seasons to date.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

bajer101 wrote: »
    Tom Hardy is back. He really is an excellent actor.

he is a great actor but his alfie solomons is almost a carbon copy of his ronnie kray

• Advertisement

Ya I agree this season is the poorest. I can't seem to focus on the episodes like I did in the past, I absolutely hate the dutchess, Pycho.

yea same here, i cant concentrate through a full episode either, its really lacking something

is grace and the mental duchess played by the same actress?

I think the peaky blinders has run its course, its strayed way too far from its origins as a low life brummie side street gang, the whole thing with the russians is just bizarre, i mean the scene with all the riding, what was that all about? imagine some auld one of a duchess allowing that going on and the younger duchess makes no sense at all, the show has turned into nothing but chain smoking and wanton nudity for the sake of shock effect, tommy took 2 heavy beatings and is still alive.. i dont think i will bother with it any more

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

I'm sad to say that I'm inclined to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I dunno what happened at the end there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The acting is superb but i too did not like the russians this series. I though we would of seen the mr.seloni as he seemed a unhinged and a good villlian. Il watch the 4th series

I dunno what happened at the end there.

I know did he rat his family out to the police??????

jezzer wrote: »
    is grace and the mental duchess played by the same actress?

Dont think so, they look different.

Dont think so, they look different.

when the russian one was riding him i thought they looked alike

• Advertisement

Tom Hardy for bond anyone?

Advertisement