Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

TBH I'm sad that they seem to be underutilizing Paddy Considine. He can be such a tense screen presence. Dead Man's Shoes can attest to this.

Good performance from him in that. His accent wavered form his usual one to American a bit in a few scenes, but I'm not sure if this is on purpose or not. He's been good so far. Looking forward to his comeuppance!

Also, looking forward to seeing how Tom Hardy is introduced again too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is he a catholic or protestant priest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Capone79

Yeah Arthur is brilliant, his accent is excellent. That priest is sick and i'm really looking forward to Alfie, again! Hate the way a season is only 6 eps!

ricero wrote: »
    Is he a catholic or protestant priest ?

I would assume Church of England.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Capone79 wrote: »
    Yeah Arthur is brilliant, his accent is excellent. That priest is sick and i'm really looking forward to Alfie, again! Hate the way a season is only 6 eps!

its too heavy i can't make head nor tail of what he's saying

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    its too heavy i can't make head nor tail of what he's saying

No, it's perfect for him! What do you think his character should sound like, Richard Hammond? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

The Shelbys disapproved of the Italian gang boss's (old man) son dating one of their sisters. They fire bombed the Italian's restaurant. Both sides had a sit down during which John Shelby insulted the old Italian and threatened his son. The Italians responded by bringing over a hitman from Naples to kill John at the City Council Ball. Grace was caught in the crossfire.

The Russian aristocrats were displaced after the Russian Civil War and are now plotting a counter revolution against the Bolsheviks. This is quietly being supported and aided by individuals in Westminster.

The Priest is the middleman between the Russians and supporting members of the British establishment, although as of last night it appears he is playing both sides.

one of the shelbys sisters? but wasnt tommy tipping her in the last series? and he used to pay her too, surely he wasnt tipping his own sister??

in fairness both him and his son ended up dead all over an auld yoke that works for the shelbys, bit sh*te to be honest..

Yes, Tommy arranged it through his contacts at the Liverpool port.

so the italians would have been better off staying in line?

what about the lads that ran up towards them in the que? were they in on it also?

Didnt the italian thank the cop when the shelbys appeared?

Is it just me or is there something bangable about Ada?

Capone79 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is there something bangable about Ada?

big time, she seems to get hotter by the series

• Advertisement

jezzer wrote: »
    big time, she seems to get hotter by the series

I know, the little bit of make up in the last series really made her gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jimmy_b

A really good show, season 3 has been great so far, some fine performances in it especially from cillian murphy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

S3 on Netflix on May 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭cozar

Must be nearly over on tv? Glad grace gone her acting was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Renewed for 2 more seasons according to the other thread. Tommy is already dining at the top now, so it will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Debil wrote: »
    Renewed for 2 more seasons according to the other thread. Tommy is already dining at the top now, so it will be interesting to see where they go from here.

i hope they take a big fall because i'm not enjoying it as much now they are top of the table

jezzer wrote: »
    i hope they take a big fall because i'm not enjoying it as much now they are top of the table

I'd imagine it's the only way for them to go with it. The show won't ever be in my list of favourite shows, but it has enough to keep me watching anyway. Hopefully, they don't kill off some off the better actors until close to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

He is & he isnt. Despite his accumulated wealth he's still playing to someone else's tune & this someone has far greater resoources than local gangster rivals.
    In saying that a fall from Grace (pardon the pun) is really the most obvious route to take, assuming the story continues to involve all the Shelby's in their current locations. A move across the pond to the US ( as suggested by Tommy) wouldnt really appeal to me as much as a story based around their Birmingham base.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

I'd imagine it's the only way for them to go with it. The show won't ever be in my list of favourite shows, but it has enough to keep me watching anyway. Hopefully, they don't kill off some off the better actors until close to the end.

I agree, this has always been a show with a healthy blend of style, comic relief, fantasy and drama. I think S3 has been a bit skewered towards the style over substance, my interest is starting to wean slightly.

Also
    That russian dutchess is not really convincing in her role, which completely spoiled the bulk of the scenes in the house in last nights episode.

• Advertisement

Tommy is rightly screwed now - fractured skull and going blind at the end of the episode ... and seeing his dead father too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

when is it repeated??

DvB wrote: »
    A move across the pond to the US ( as suggested by Tommy) wouldnt really appeal to me as much as a story based around their Birmingham base.

Yea, same here. The clash of styles with Birmingham and that period of time in America would be too hard to handle. I actually took it that the actress who plays Ada will be leaving after season 3. We'll see what happens I guess.
    gucci wrote: »
    I agree, this has always been a show with a healthy blend of style, comic relief, fantasy and drama. I think S3 has been a bit skewered towards the style over substance, my interest is starting to wean slightly.

Also
    That russian dutchess is not really convincing in her role, which completely spoiled the bulk of the scenes in the house in last nights episode.

Aye, had the same feeling with Grace. Finally got rid of one, and now we're blessed with another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I thought they were meant to do something to do with the prohibiton period in the US. Tough to watch last episode.

Ruu wrote: »
    I thought they were meant to do something to do with the prohibiton period in the US. Tough to watch last episode.

Boardwalk Empire II would be a huge mistake IMO. Such a recent & successful direct comparison would be a disaster waiting to happen.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Apparently US Netflix got all season 3 in one lump yesterday, so episode 5 and 6 are available if you live in America.

A load of **** really.

Shlippery wrote: »
    Apparently US Netflix got all season 3 in one lump yesterday, so episode 5 and 6 are available if you live in America.

A load of **** really.

If you know where to look all 6 could be downloaded yesterday evening.
    Think I'll watch them back to back tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Shlippery wrote: »

A load of **** really.

You don't have to live in America to watch the American Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jimmy_b

I checked my usual streaming sites, only first for episodes up on all them, i'll wait till tonight to watch episode 5 on bbc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

jca wrote: »
    You don't have to live in America to watch the American Netflix.

Well, that used to be the case, but they've the VPN's blocked lately, so not as easy as one might think! May have to rough it out and watch as normal.

Hopefully avoid spoilers, be grand.

Advertisement