Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I don't really get why she insisted on meeting him in a public place? In a war situation would she not have a bodyguard.

as for Arthur's wife doing an about change...I've no idea. The show leads you down paths where you think it's her that left the mafia in the back door of the factory and then I start thinking she's in this with Polly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Polly is doing a dance with Changretta and he knows it, going by his final words. He also alluded to as much when he said he heard she never let a grudge go. She's playing a very dangerous game and Tommy will probably end up saving her (the entire thing was probably his plan.) She was presenting herself as the head of the family when she got into the car etc. but I think this is misdirection by the showmakers.

I may be wrong and she may want Tommy out of the picture to gain more sway with Michael. I doubt she'd betray one of her own though... thoughts?

weemcd wrote: »
    She was presenting herself as the head of the family when she got into the car etc.

How did she present that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I don't really get why she insisted on meeting him in a public place? In a war situation would she not have a bodyguard.

as for Arthur's wife doing an about change...I've no idea. The show leads you down paths where you think it's her that left the mafia in the back door of the factory and then I start thinking she's in this with Polly.
    The Italian and Tommy made an agreement last week that no women and children can be touched in the war.

Part of their 'code of honour' BS.

In regards to Arthur's wife I find it a bit much to accept the change in her personality. She's gone from a pious puritan Christian type to tough street burd. Not believable.

The Italian and Tommy made an agreement last week that no women and children can be touched in the war.

Part of their 'code of honour' BS.

ah yeah, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Was Michael adopted so as a baby? When did he find out Polly was his biological
    Mother.?

fin12 wrote: »
    Was Michael adopted so as a baby? When did he find out Polly was his biological
    Mother.?

couple of seasons back I think.

She found out his whereabouts and approached him iirc. He was taken from her when he was young because she wasn't up to mothering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Who's gonna save Tommy now? Polly had a serious look of regret when she watched them leave. Can't help but think Tommy knows somethings up with Michael, the camera shot where he glanced up at him in the hospital just after the mafia guys left was excellent.

Setting up to end big here. Have to say I'm enjoying Brody immensely even if he is doing a slight parody version of Don/Michael Corleone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Rubbish episode. Plot makes less and less sense as the weeks go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Was that a different horse lady last night?

The Polly scenario is very intriguing.
    I just can't see Polly being involved in bumping off Tommy.
    Wonder is she trying to re-unite Michael with his country mother.

I think John's wife will have to come back into it somehow probly involved in the finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Rubbish episode. Plot makes less and less sense as the weeks go by.

Vey bitty.
    Don't think they needed the Gin story line, enough going on.
    Not a sign of Linda yet they bring in the London fella with Goliath!
    What's the purpose of horse lady?
    His PA will probly get shot just to cause Tommy even more misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

So Lilly’s pregnant with Tommy’s child. I prefer when Tom Hardy’s character isn’t in it, can hardly understand what he’s saying. I’m a fan of Tom Hardy but he seems to be playing the same kind of character all the time.

How on earth did the gypys not kill Brody on the bridge. About 10 armed seasoned killers ambushing 3 men in tight quarters. It should have been like shooting fish in a barrell. Also you'd think that the Mafia guys would have more street smarts than to drive into an obvious trap.

The horse lady looks to have aged considerably. Is it the same actress?

I don't understand why Tommy is driving around without bodyguards. He's at war and he is the prime target.

In regards to Polly I think she's playing a double bluff. Herself and Tommy probably concocted this elaborate plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭boccy23

How on earth did the gypys not kill Brody on the bridge. About 10 armed seasoned killers ambushing 3 men in tight quarters. It should have been like shooting fish in a barrell. Also you'd think that the Mafia guys would have more street smarts than to drive into an obvious trap.

The horse lady looks to have aged considerably. Is it the same actress?

I don't understand why Tommy is driving around without bodyguards. He's at war and he is the prime target.

In regards to Polly I think she's playing a double bluff. Herself and Tommy probably concocted this elaborate plan.

Agree with you 100% on all points and ones that we made while watching it.
    Not impressed at all by this week. Hopefully it was needed to establish the story but the Gin thing and needing to bring the monster boxer who is managed by Alfie seemed pointless in such a short season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

The plot is very rudimentary,has to be said

mikeysmith wrote: »
    The plot is very rudimentary,has to be said

What was the point in setting up Arthur but then use it as a ruse and then deciding to kill the guard at the hospital to tell polly she has a deal. Counter intuitive nonsense

Always on in my house. I don't get the attraction. Stabby soap opera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

What was the point in setting up Arthur but then use it as a ruse and then deciding to kill the guard at the hospital to tell polly she has a deal. Counter intuitive nonsense

I remember saying to myself when Arthur was drowning that Italian lad in the tub of red dulux that surely he should keep him alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I took it as a demonstration that they could 'get' to any of the people that matter to Polly as part of the deal with the mafia in order to encourage her to come through with Tommys location.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭RichT

I'm still enjoying it, but there's one thing that keeps annoying me..........

Would they ever take the coat hangers out of their coats/jackets!

DP-A7EzX0AAKMUX.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Didn't think the episode was great - a bit all over the place.

Hopefully the next 2 episodes are decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

One thing I don't really understand is Luca could have killed Tommy back in his office but decided not to as he wanted to wipe out everyone else in his family and leave him til last. He then proceeds to strike a deal with Polly to secure Tommy. What happened to wanting to leave him til last? Plus its not like he has struggled to track down Tommy so why the need to strike the deal in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It's all a bit too silly really. Hopefully they wrap it up well, and kill it off after that. I doubt I'll be watching a 5th season.

Redo91 wrote: »
    One thing I don't really understand is Luca could have killed Tommy back in his office but decided not to as he wanted to wipe out everyone else in his family and leave him til last. He then proceeds to strike a deal with Polly to secure Tommy. What happened to wanting to leave him til last? Plus its not like he has struggled to track down Tommy so why the need to strike the deal in the first place?

Don't think about it too hard. The plot is woefully sh1te

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think they are suffering from having to have bigger villains each week, they've gone from Churchill to the Mob

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

boccy23 wrote: »
    Agree with you 100% on all points and ones that we made while watching it.
    Not impressed at all by this week. Hopefully it was needed to establish the story but the Gin thing and needing to bring the monster boxer who is managed by Alfie seemed pointless in such a short season.

The boxing match will be where all the action happens. Remember the horse racing episode (series 1 number 6?). It'll all kick off there I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Tonight's episode is really disappointing....it's awful

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Yeah a poor episode. Hopefully they finish it off this season.

I think a fifth season has already been commisioned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yup it’s becoming a parody of itself. Still some good scenes and acting in the mess. Brody is shocking though isn’t he?! That toothpick! And his bullet proof jacket! :pac:

Advertisement