Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

when will it be on Netflix over here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

That's a bit silly considering it's a BBC original. Couldn't find them on the net in any usual place I look, so hopefully I don't read what happens someplace like an idiot.

Has something like this ever happened before?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

you really have to concentrate watching this current series, to many sub plots...

...and all this talking in hushed voices drives me nuts, have to turn on the subtitles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Tom Hardy is back. He really is an excellent actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

bajer101 wrote: »
    Tom Hardy is back. He really is an excellent actor.
    I agree he really steals every scene he's in. This season never really got going in my opinion. I think it's missing Sam Neil :( still I hope the season finale pulls it out of the bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

ziggy23 wrote: »
    I agree he really steals every scene he's in. This season never really got going in my opinion. I think it's missing Sam Neil :( still I hope the season finale pulls it out of the bag

I disagree. I think that this season has been absolutely superb and is in a different league to the first two. I thought that the first two seasons were good, but that this season is really excellent. The first season was ruined for me by the finale, which I thought was pure tosh.

This season reminds me of Breaking Bad, in that the creators and director have really brought out the best in the cast. Arthur has been amazing in this season and has show himself to be a very good actor. Paddy Considine has also been amazing. The only down side is Princess Tatiana. Her accent just doesn't ring true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Clampdown

I think this season is the best yet. Loved the scene in episode 3 where they are shooting the guns. The fella who plays Arthur is brilliant as well, perfectly cast. Gonna settle in to watch episode 5 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

All Alfie's scenes were class. Arthur did well to not smash his head in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

when is it on netflix???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Terrible episode last night, Alfie was quality thou

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

A little lighter than episode 4 but still brilliant. Just hate the Russians though. Tom Hardy fantastic as well! 'Ya fackin' about with the Russians, didnt ya, silly boy!' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Tom Hardy & Paul Anderson were utterly superb in that episode.... building up nicely to what should be a tense end in ep.6
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Thank God for Tom hardy last night because that scene in the cellar with him calculating 70k worth of diamonds was the stand out scene. The rest were filler as i've found most of this season to be. I think it's been the poorest season yet and i loved the previous seasons.
    There imo seems to be way too much filler scenes - polly and the painter - Tommy and Duchess, and a lot of other style over substance scenes that has me getting bored with it.
    I'll still watch it though.

Great from Hardy as usual.

Have to agree about Arthur too. His character development has definitely been the highlight of the season for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Shockin' amount of roidin' this week. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Capone79

When Arthur wips his bags down "right ladies, made in fookin Birmingham"

😂😂😂

Capone79 wrote: »
    When Arthur wips his bags down "right ladies, made in fookin Birmingham"

😂😂😂

I loved that bit, and when John was ribbing him at the end 'You got your fookin buttons fixed, didn't ya Arthur'. And yer man (the servant/driver guy, forget his name) telling him 'If you go on like that to the Apache's they'll feckin scalp ya boi!' He was a nice addition to the cast, he's good craic.

Dunno how people are saying the episode wasn't enjoyable, it was weird but in a really great way. Plus we got Tom Hardy back, he was brilliant as usual, and the whole episode was funny and had loads of sex! What more do yis want?

The cinematography in the beginning where Tommy was recovering and then pouring the morphine away was also very good, and the scene with Tatiana being sort of 'possessed' by Grace when riding Tommy was very dramatic as well. I'm loving this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I found it a bit hard to follow at the start of this season, but it started to make sense around episode 3.

The photography is excellent sometimes.

The slow-motion walking with overcoats moving dramatically in the breeze can be a bit OTT sometimes.

Polly having her portrait done doesn't seem to have anything to do with the main plot. Subplots should generally tie in at some point with the main story, but I don't see how it's going to. Maybe, and this is speculation but I'll spoiler it anyway, maybe
    the painter is a thief or a conman and he's going to gain Polly's trust and empty that big safe of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

The playing of Lazarus from David Bowies last album at the start of Episode 5 was very moving.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/peaky-blinders-david-bowie-personally-requested-his-music-be-used-in-new-series-says-cillian-murphy-a7018081.html

Loving this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Capone79

Clampdown wrote: »
    And yer man (the servant/driver guy, forget his name) telling him 'If you go on like that to the Apache's they'll feckin scalp ya boi!' He was a nice addition to the cast, he's good.

Johhny Dogs lol he's actually from Belfast, couldn't believe it when I heard him on YouTube the other day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

De Bhál wrote: »
    Thank God for Tom hardy last night because that scene in the cellar with him calculating 70k worth of diamonds was the stand out scene. The rest were filler as i've found most of this season to be. I think it's been the poorest season yet and i loved the previous seasons.
    There imo seems to be way too much filler scenes - polly and the painter - Tommy and Duchess, and a lot of other style over substance scenes that has me getting bored with it.
    I'll still watch it though.

Ya I agree this season is the poorest. I can't seem to focus on the episodes like I did in the past, I absolutely hate the dutchess, Pycho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ruu wrote: »
    Shockin' amount of roidin' this week. :o

The scene of all of them riding in the room must have taken their inspiration from Spartucus Gods of the Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the strip off scene was ridiculous, added nothing just there for shock value

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

I've found this season very hard to follow in places, a bit pointless in others.

I'm still heavily invested in the characters, but the season is over this week and it all feels a bit rushed to me, under-developed. It could really do with having another 2 episodes. I don't know how they are gonna tie everything together by the end of the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

A rushed, disjointed conclusion to what has ultimately been a disappointing season. It may well be time to draw the curtain on Peaky Blinders, which is unfortunate given the array of talent in the cast and the excellent production values that poor story-telling unfortunately doesn't do justice to.

Have to say I did not like the finale, the season needs to be twice as long, totally rushed episode despite some good scenes it was just like wtf at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Tristram wrote: »
    A rushed, disjointed conclusion to what has ultimately been a disappointing season. It may well be time to draw the curtain on Peaky Blinders, which is unfortunate given the array of talent in the cast and the excellent production values that poor story-telling unfortunately doesn't do justice to.
    Clampdown wrote: »
    Have to say I did not like the finale, the season needs to be twice as long, totally rushed episode despite some good scenes it was just like wtf at the end.

Are you guys talking about season 3, the current season? When I look for a list of episodes, it says the finale is on BBC this Thursday.

Are you guys talking about season 3, the current season? When I look for a list of episodes, it says the finale is on BBC this Thursday.

The final episode is available on the net to watch/download.

Someone mentioned earlier that all the episodes were released on the American Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Renewed for 2 more seasons
    The Shelby clan is set to return for two more seasons with Peaky Blinders receiving a double order from BBC Two.

Wasn't overly mad on the finale alright but still looking forward to more of the Peaky fookin' Blinders...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I've gone right off the show. Too much drinking smoking and hows yer father with not enough plot

Advertisement