Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The film is a spin off apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Same with Peter Coonan. I thought after episode 1 he would have a big role in it, but he was nowhere really. For the parts that he was in, and the new character Duke and his scenes, were some of the high points of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

nah Cillian Murphy is too thin & 'boyish' to be Bond

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Another show dragged out far too long by the Beeb. They’ve really flogged it.

same rinse and repeat as every other season. New female character for Thomas Shelby to shag and a bad guy to get the upper hand on in the last episode. Never mind the car bomb being an elaborate ploy to kill him, having his personal doctor not micro dose him with poison for the sake of pretending he had a sever case of macguffin-itis.

The brother, Arthur is a redundant character now too, was the easiest one to drop but they still insist on making him a hard nose, indestructible guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Thought it was a reasonably good final episode after a 50/50 season. It dragged a bit around the middle but the finale was satisfying.

SPOILERS BELOW IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED

I genuinely thought the scene where he misplaced his lighter was 100% a plot device to have a gypsy come back and unexpectedly whack him in revenge for the camp attack having identified him from the dropped lighter, given the Shelby's tend to engrave everything.

Not sure if misdirection or just a random quirk of the dialogue in that scene with Arthur afterwards. I suspect the former, which is clever enough in itself as I kept waiting for someone that never came.

I really struggle that the guy playing Arthur is only in his early 40's. I thought he looked mid 50's this season. Also, really odd that they added Stephen Graham as a minor token character.

I would agree that a lot of the cast was more or less redundant and just playing out roles for the sake of it this season. There was very little substance or depth to most of them, even Mosley reverting to being a completely two dimensional, cartoon-like fascist.

I enjoyed the season, it wasn't brilliant but it was fairly entertaining, better than I expected. Have to hand it to Cillian Murphy though, he carried the show on his back for sure.

I'd give it a 6, maybe 7, out of 10. I've seen far worse, and I've seen shows go downhill far worse at that. I can't remember what season was what at this stage, but there was definitely previous seasons I enjoyed less.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Claggan

Missed episode 4 of The Split on BBC1 last Monday. Will it be shown again before episode 5 next Monday ????

• Registered Users Posts: 85,013 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement