Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome Total war 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

coolguyrko wrote: »
    Just did it. And the average is 21. Poor but I actually don't even see it. Seems perfectly fine.
    I would say 21 fps isn't a poor return for your system when you have the game on the highest settings possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

I would say 21 fps isn't a poor return for your system when you have the game on the highest settings possible.

Just Dana benchmark on medium. Average is 62. Honestly is looks so bad in medium I'd rather have lag :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thegame983 wrote: »
    What graphic intensity are people running it at? I got a new rig a month ago

i5 4670k
    GTX 760
    8 gig ram

anyone got anything similar? I should be able to play it at ultra right?

2013-09-03_00001_zpsdeaf2fef.jpg

Playing on my laptop, till I get my computer tomorrow. Am playing it on medium and low now and then. Ha, don't even have the option to benchmark.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know the download size of this?

I heard you need 33gb which i'm assuming will include patches.
    I just don't want a 20+gb download :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else that ordered from g2play,did ye get your greek dlc code yet?still haven't gotten mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Anyone know the download size of this?

I heard you need 33gb which i'm assuming will include patches.
    I just don't want a 20+gb download :D
    9.9GB,expands to 19 iirc

Haven't ran the benchmark yet but pretty much the exact same settings as above pictured (i7 3770k @4.5Ghz,msi 7970 GHz,16GB 1600mhz) at 2560x1440 except I have unlimited memory checked and I find it grand apart from some lag when I press Spacebar with fastforward on and during the AI turns.

I'll check it later,I know theres alot of mixed feedback about the graphics and poor fps. I'm using old drives,well not the newest, I'll grab the number of them too

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Keggers. I didn't forget you. You'll enjoy it when you play it.
    http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w332/coolguyrko/2013-09-03_00001.jpg

That's possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! Spare no one coolguy!

How's everyone finding it?

Keggers2 wrote: »
    That's possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! Spare no one coolguy!

How's everyone finding it?

Finding single player much more engaging than Shogun2 and overall a better game.

My current gripes are
    MP seems like an afterthought,was really looking forward to it.
    Unit cards. People can say they'e time specific etc,but they're damn hard to distinguish.

Unit explanation,even a small sword or spear icon on the card would do.Edit,looking at the screenshot above they have one? Do they have it in recruit and battle cards aswell? Maybe I'm blind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

huh...

first time I booted the game it put me on all ultra settings and the game seemed to run ok. In fact for such an old computer the frame rate was pretty damn good.

then i fecked up during the prologue and got my general killed which was an auto loss and was booted out to the menu.

Took a break and came back later.

Booted the game up and now my framerate is fecking dreadful.

To the point that it sapped my will to push on and I've taken another break.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

The game defaulted to extreme settings on my comp, it wasn't bad but at points had a low framerate. I did the benchmark and managed 21fps on extreme :D

Have changed it to high instead.

Anyone else ****ing loving the battle cam thing? It's pretty amazing. That and the kill animations on the campagin map are pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

I think the game broke my PC.

Nah, it didn't, but looks like my GPU is fecked. Had problems with it during the summer, so I reseated the cooler and thought that had fixed it (actually think I was talking to a boardsie about it at the time?). Anyway, problem is back whilst playing this on even low settings - a quick Google suggests the VRM is possibly to blame.

Anyway, no conquering for me for a while... Bizarrely, I did get a letter in the post this morning telling me I'm due a €1600 refund for PPI sold to me incorrectly, so I'm curently very tempted to blow it on a new PC even though the bedrooms need decorating. :rolleyes: Feckin' responsibility.

So enjoy lads; I'll be reading the thread with envy. :(

I think the game broke my PC.

Nah, it didn't, but looks like my GPU is fecked. Had problems with it during the summer, so I reseated the cooler and thought that had fixed it (actually think I was talking to a boardsie about it at the time?). Anyway, problem is back whilst playing this on even low settings - a quick Google suggests the VRM is possibly to blame.

Anyway, no conquering for me for a while... Bizarrely, I did get a letter in the post this morning telling me I'm due a €1600 refund for PPI sold to me incorrectly, so I'm curently very tempted to blow it on a new PC even though the bedrooms need decorating. :rolleyes: Feckin' responsibility.

So enjoy lads; I'll be reading the thread with envy. :(

Jesus that sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This game tempting me something fierce, price a bit too much for now considering I'm putting all my time into League of legends, but Ive been watching on twitch.tv, looks amazing

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Finding single player much more engaging than Shogun2 and overall a better game.

My current gripes are
    MP seems like an afterthought,was really looking forward to it.
    Unit cards. People can say they'e time specific etc,but they're damn hard to distinguish.

Well that sounds pretty compelling all things considered, pity about the MP though!

Ah, I know it might sound a touch dismissive, but I'm sure we'll get used to the cards in time!

Also McSasquatch, I really do feel your pain! And to be the devil on your shoulder, perhaps even half of it could be levied for... Yenno... the Empire...
    ;)

I have to start the prologue again because my general got killed :mad:

Happened to me twice.

Cards aren't so bad. Haven't tried MP,what's up with it? Keggers your Legion are becoming my shock troops. Etruscan league(now my client state) The barbarian tribe beginning with L that I can think of gone.The Nori gone and also Syracuse is gone but Keggers didn't play a part in that one :P
    McSasquatch. That really sucks. Blow a grand on the computer that should be enough. Save money by plugging it into the tv(no need for a monitor :P) and then you've 600 for the bedrooms :P

• Advertisement

I have to start the prologue again because my general got killed :mad:

My general died the first time. The second time I breezed through it. I'm actually full sure I missed some parts or something the second time because I was done in under 2 hours I'd say

You're welcome coolguy! Makes me so proud to hear we're doing so well!

Also, can you not revert to a save if he dies??

You're welcome coolguy! Makes me so proud to hear we're doing so well!

Also, can you not revert to a save if he dies??
    It auto saves ever turn so I assume you can. I couldn't the first time because I played some campaign straight away and it auto saved over it.

I Just finished it I think,when you get that settlement beginning with B Its over ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Still waiting for the game to arrive myself. According to amazon, it was dispatched on Monday with primesaver free delivery, so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow......

I have an i5-3570, 16gb ram, gigabyte windforce 670 so hopefully the game won't kill my machine. I don't have the cpu overclocked though like most here.

I Just finished it I think,when you get that settlement beginning with B Its over ya?

Yep. I was surprised. It's actually kinda ends all of a sudden. The city before it falls without much of a fight.
    Back to Keggers. They have just destroyed the Helvetii and are on there way to deal with any other barbarian tribe(volcae) that has Massalia as soon as they move their big ass army away from the city.
    Oh and big news. Sparta are now my client state :P along with two others I just offered it to. My eastern border is relatively safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

I have a
    Q9550, HD5850 and 4gb of awful ram. Runs fine on Extreme, bit laggy. Get sweet performance with Very High

Well that sounds pretty compelling all things considered, pity about the MP though!

Ah, I know it might sound a touch dismissive, but I'm sure we'll get used to the cards in time!

Also McSasquatch, I really do feel your pain! And to be the devil on your shoulder, perhaps even half of it could be levied for... Yenno... the Empire...
    ;)

Yeah I'm sure I will,it will just take a while. S2 units cards were very easily read so its probably just from coming from it.

Anyhow,heres the results of the benchmark I done

Not bad considering
    2048x1152.resizedimage

2048x1152.resizedimage

2048x1152.resizedimage

Yep. I was surprised. It's actually kinda ends all of a sudden. The city before it falls without much of a fight.
    Back to Keggers. They have just destroyed the Helvetii and are on there way to deal with any other barbarian tribe(volcae) that has Massalia as soon as they move their big ass army away from the city.
    Oh and big news. Sparta are now my client state :P along with two others I just offered it to. My eastern border is relatively safe.

Onto the grand campaign tomorrow then \0/ after college registration that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I guess I'll have to order this off Amazon tomorrow...

Food is overrated anyway. :pac:

Advertisement