Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome Total war 2

Options
  • 08-04-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Any hear details of it? looked at a trailer on http internet where rome attacks carthage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaDlihIqPws (trailer)
    looks awesome :eek:
    hope my pc can run it though!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm gonna need a new one :-/.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paglynncashel

fact. empire total war was the same, unbelievably slow on my system, had to sell it on again :/

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Loved the first Rome, cant wait to try the multiplayer campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Seriously, this is amazing looking - a walkthrough of one of the historical battles, the infamous battle of the Teutoborg Forest.

Could almost feel the ground shake! My most anticipated game of the year by a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm gonna need a new one :-/.

Ah, the Total War series, forcing strategy gamers to upgrade their PCs for over a decade...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nesf wrote: »
    Ah, the Total War series, forcing strategy gamers to upgrade their PCs for over a decade...

I need an upgrade anyway,my machine is 5 yrs this yr :0.

I need an upgrade anyway,my machine is 5 yrs this yr :0.

Yeah I upgraded in late 2011, I should be good for a nice long while.

Heh, will be upgrading here too. Titan SLI here I come!!!!*

*not really

I'll be building a new machine I'd say :0

I'll be building a new machine I'd say :0

After five years even the case is probably worth upgrading.

• Advertisement

After five years even the case is probably worth upgrading.

He he indeed,everything will be new even the monitor ;)

The monitor is about the only thing I'm keeping... There'll be no heating this winter I tells ya.

Money to burn? Then the Collector's Edition might be for you, at a mere £110 sterling from Game. I'm actually seriously tempted... what's that about a fool and his money??

Money to burn? Then the Collector's Edition might be for you, at a mere £110 sterling from Game. I'm actually seriously tempted... what's that about a fool and his money??

£110 for what exactly? I don't see much there that I'd pay much for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

It doesnt even mention getting the additonal factions that will be released, for that sort of money you should get every DLC included.

A Roman onager!!!!

It doesnt even mention getting the additonal factions that will be released, for that sort of money you should get every DLC included.

Yeah, that's the shitty way the business is going it seems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Yeah, that's the shitty way the business is going it seems :(
    I dont mind if some effort goes into it, for example the Ikko Ikki faction in shogun 2, required a completley different style of play, had new units and had a good bit of effort put into it.

But one or two of the other additonal clans were mostly the same requring no new style of play etc, with barely any changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

£110 for what exactly? I don't see much there that I'd pay much for.

But you get an individually numbered copy!

(Something about fools and their money)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sulc84

and price is fantastic..

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    But you get an individually numbered copy!

(Something about fools and their money)

If Steam ever start numbering downloads during their sales we're doomed. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sulc84

Someone preordered Rome 2 ?

I don't "get" pre-ordering games really, especially this far out from release. Even if there's some kind of content-related bonus for those who pre-order, I generally don't (certainly not for an extra €100 CE either).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I don't "get" pre-ordering games really, especially this far out from release. Even if there's some kind of content-related bonus for those who pre-order, I generally don't (certainly not for an extra €100 CE either).

I have a problem with pre-ordering.
    Bonus weapons, units or whatever are either going to be entirely aesthetic or worse still, they'll be something that alters game balance. Then there's the 'special pre-order price' which might be a little cheaper than the price on launch day but doesn't last long.
    I don't like being blackmailed into buying something before I can read a review on the grounds that I won't get the full experience if I don't pre-order.

Aliens: Colonial Marines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Dynamo Roller

I watched the Teutoburg video and by the looks of it they still haven't changed the mob mentality of the AI. I saw two units in a column grabbed with the cursor and ordered to charge an enemy unit which was directly in front of the two units. The first unit slammed into the enemy unit as expected but the rear unit just ploughed into its own friendly unit and tried to carve in. As far as I can see they never even bothered to make the AI adaptable in any way. It just looks like a new graphic skin for medieval 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paglynncashel

hope im not hijacking this thread a bit, but on a side note I am praying to (god, allah, sweet zombie jesus) that the team that did europa barbarorum will do something on this new version of rome, can you imagine caesars campaign in gaul for real??!

September 3rd release,so that give me about 3 and half months to build a new pc :-|.

I watched the Teutoburg video and by the looks of it they still haven't changed the mob mentality of the AI. I saw two units in a column grabbed with the cursor and ordered to charge an enemy unit which was directly in front of the two units. The first unit slammed into the enemy unit as expected but the rear unit just ploughed into its own friendly unit and tried to carve in. As far as I can see they never even bothered to make the AI adaptable in any way. It just looks like a new graphic skin for medieval 2.

I think that's a feature. If you don't position your units correctly the AI won't give you charges into the flanks. I don't really have a problem with this. The idea of just box selecting three units and then hitting the front and both sides of the target just strikes me as making things far too easy for me and takes away from the hectic plate spinning act that is melee in Total War.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I think that's a feature. If you don't position your units correctly the AI won't give you charges into the flanks. I don't really have a problem with this. The idea of just box selecting three units and then hitting the front and both sides of the target just strikes me as making things far too easy for me and takes away from the hectic plate spinning act that is melee in Total War.

I'd agree with this. Once a battle starts the game is all about positioning troops and reacting with things fall apart. If they start auto-flanking it would be too easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

hmm RTW2 is €54.99 on steam vs £29.99 from amazon, price premium isn't worth convenience of digital download imho...

Advertisement