Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome Total war 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

doccy wrote: »
    right there with you ;/ Let us know when yours is delivered.

My copy from Amazon arrived this morning, FYI. I also got the DLC code emailed to me last night.

Now if only the parts for my new PC would arrive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Has anyone else had any trouble with getting past the Bovianum battle in the prologue campaign? I've won it twice and it keeps sending me back to the main screen after the cinematic cut... When I continue the campaign I'm back before the battle.
    I think its bugged at the moment.

I took all the cities in the prologue and saw the end video but still didnt get the achievement. The third part is still locked too if I try and go back and start the prologue again.

It looking like a good game that will have a lot of potential but certainly needs a few updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    I think its bugged at the moment.

I took all the cities in the prologue and saw the end video but still didnt get the achievement. The third part is still locked too if I try and go back and start the prologue again.

It looking like a good game that will have a lot of potential but certainly needs a few updates.

The second and third are still locked for me I think... Started a campaign with Egypt now anyway :)

Haven't had a chance to play since launch...but now, it seems I have sorted out my build, just need to get windows installed, and a few other things, along with Rome 2 again, and maybe I can delight in Ultra settings this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭thegame983

Haven't had a chance to play since launch...but now, it seems I have sorted out my build, just need to get windows installed, and a few other things, along with Rome 2 again, and maybe I can delight in Ultra settings this evening.

BTW on Rome 2 Extreme is higher than Ultra.

Anyway after I installed Rome detected my best settings and put everything on extreme (I have GTX 760). Nividia's Geforce software said my optimum setting were middle to high but I've had no issues running the game on extreme. The game has crashed on me 3 times but at no point did the game run badly.

If it's a new rig just max it out:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I've just paid the totalwar war forums a visit. Filled full of negative posts by the fanboys, it's surreal, several threads have even been locked.

People seem to be unhappy not only with the bugs/glitches, but with the fact the game has apparently been dumbed down a lot compared to previous totalwars and the interface doesn't seem to have gone down well either.

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    I've just paid the totalwar war forums a visit. Filled full of negative posts by the fanboys, it's surreal, several threads have even been locked.

People seem to be unhappy not only with the bugs/glitches, but with the fact the game has apparently been dumbed down a lot compared to previous totalwars and the interface doesn't seem to have gone down well either.

Really? I don't think it has been dumbed down. They've added stuff if anything. I'm gonna have to look up a guide on how to run my family/ senate. I really like the diplomatic screen. You can easily see who is at war with who and what you need to do get on another factions good side. These people would complain about anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

thegame983 wrote: »
    Really? I don't think it has been dumbed down. They've added stuff if anything. I'm gonna have to look up a guide on how to run my family/ senate. I really like the diplomatic screen. You can easily see who is at war with who and what you need to do get on another factions good side. These people would complain about anything really.

Couldn't agree more. For me aside from some minor issues. This has probably been the best game of the series. Each action requires a lot more thought. Allied AI is fantastic apart from being seiged where they insist on getting stuck between the enemies attacking a gate and my army blocking up the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Quick question for everyone, how have ye been finding getting trade agreements?

Just a few turns into my Roman campaign and I can't seem to get trade agreements with any friendly factions. They all want massive bribes. Looked for one with Athens and they were looking for 3700 gold?!!

Just a few turns into my Roman campaign and I can't seem to get trade agreements with any friendly factions. They all want massive bribes. Looked for one with Athens and they were looking for 3700 gold?!!

I got one with Sparta fairly early on. I read somewhere that you have to have something they want and it will make it easier to trade. So basically the more you conquer and the more of those resources like iron etc that you control the more likely they'll take with you

• Advertisement

Initially no one would accept trade agreements but as I expanded (not by much just Italia & Corsica) I now have 2 including 1 with Carthage:eek:

Possibly my favourite thing that has happened - I was fishing around trying to get a client state. No one was interested. My next point of attack was going to be Cisalpine Gaul who then started a war with an Illerian Greek faction. I proposed to the Illerians that if they became my vassell I would step in against the Gauls (which I was going to do anyway. They accepted. Profit. And a safe Eastern Border:cool:

Initially no one would accept trade agreements but as I expanded (not by much just Italia & Corsica) I now have 2 including 1 with Carthage:eek:

Possibly my favourite thing that has happened - I was fishing around trying to get a client state. No one was interested. My next point of attack was going to be Cisalpine Gaul who then started a war with an Illerian Greek faction. I proposed to the Illerians that if they became my vassell I would step in against the Gauls (which I was going to do anyway. They accepted. Profit. And a safe Eastern Border:cool:

Never refer to the Illyrian barbarians as Greeks :D:D

Never refer to the Illyrian barbarians as Greeks :D:D

They wern't actually called Illyrians I just couldn't remember what they were called. But agreed.

They wern't actually called Illyrians I just couldn't remember what they were called. But agreed.

Delmate?Had a protracted war with them :P
    Just had a slave uprising message. Lets see what happens

coolguyrko wrote: »
    Delmate?Had a protracted war with them :P
    Just had a slave uprising message. Lets see what happens

Possibly. They are one of the factions around there.

Slave uprsing? ****ing Sweet!

Possibly. They are one of the factions around there.

Slave uprsing? ****ing Sweet!
    It was until till I had to spend a fortune to raise a tenth legion while already at expanding into Greece,Spain and Eastern Europe. Bit over stretched at the moment. If I can get a non aggression pact with the faction I'm not at war with in Spain I can recall 1 of my legions

Meant to say. What does everyone think of the new army system. I actually like it for Rome because it forces you to have individual legions rather than smaller 1 unit armies running around. I'm assuming its the same for every other faction?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Hate to say this, but there is so much to dislike about this game. I;m not sure a patch or three is ever going to fix things. Might have to wait for a mod and complete overhaul.

coolguyrko wrote: »
    Meant to say. What does everyone think of the new army system. I actually like it for Rome because it forces you to have individual legions rather than smaller 1 unit armies running around. I'm assuming its the same for every other faction?

It's horrific. Having to move entire armies to merge one or 2 units, not good!

karma_ wrote: »

For me that's the only draw back but I actually like the system.

• Advertisement

BTW on Rome 2 Extreme is higher than Ultra.

Anyway after I installed Rome detected my best settings and put everything on extreme (I have GTX 760). Nividia's Geforce software said my optimum setting were middle to high but I've had no issues running the game on extreme. The game has crashed on me 3 times but at no point did the game run badly.

If it's a new rig just max it out:cool:

Oh right, I shall do that :D Just downloading it now.

Now, if I can just out this blasted lack of sound over the HDMI, I will be set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Why not build 2 more units?

Oh and on the total war forums some guy was actually trying to ask questions about suing Sega and CA:rolleyes:

Oh right, I shall do that :D Just downloading it now.

Now, if I can just out this blasted lack of sound over the HDMI, I will be set.

Right click the speaker icon in the bottom right tray> playback devices and select the speakers you want (assuming the monitor built in) and set as default. Im assuming you have your audio drivers:D

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Why not build 2 more units?

Oh and on the total war forums some guy was actually trying to ask questions about suing Sega and CA:rolleyes:

That would cost more gold to do and not ideal when trying to build an economy.

That would cost more gold to do and not ideal when trying to build an economy.

You could disband the two you were going to move over and recruit in the new army. I know it won't recover the all of the cost but it'll mean you won't have the upkeep of the other two unneeded ones.

Oh and patch - http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/80662-PLEASE-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-Information-on-the-Patch-testing?

You have to opt in via steam beta.

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Right click the speaker icon in the bottom right tray> playback devices and select the speakers you want (assuming the monitor built in) and set as default. Im assuming you have your audio drivers:D
    Cheers for the help. Alas, it will not be that easy.
    Have it hooked up to my tv, and in playback I have 4 different options for HDMI sound, each one saying that they aren't plugged in.
    I do have the drivers too :D Been looking around for the last hour, and no dice.

Edit: I am a pleb, forgot to install the stuff on the disc for teh graphics card. Sweet glorious sound now.

Hate to say this, but there is so much to dislike about this game. I;m not sure a patch or three is ever going to fix things. Might have to wait for a mod and complete overhaul.

Apart from the stuff like graphical bugs, crash and glitches, what are the main bad points of this game when compared with previous total war offerings?

Fantastic, it is looking quite nice on Extreme :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

My Greek states DLC code from G2play is the same as my game code.....may email them again.

Edit: Oops, have to click into games library to see it.....

• Advertisement

Apart from the stuff like graphical bugs, crash and glitches, what are the main bad points of this game when compared with previous total war offerings?

Seriously I wouldn't even know where to start. There exists currently major issues with everything from the GUI to the Campaign right to the Battles.

Don't want to come across as whingy tbh, I'm a big fan of CA and the series and I see (almost) what they tried to do but it really all just doesn't come together I feel. It was a gamble, given how much the original was so loved and perhaps they are guilty of being just a bit too ambitious with this.

Advertisement