Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome Total war 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

karma_ wrote: »
    Did you opt for the super saver delivery? I almost did that but noticed that first class delivery on pre-orders was also free.

gah! ffs never checked that out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

Bit confused at the minute,how do you increase population?

Plenty of food surplus and keep them happy is what I'm going with. Seems to be so far. Romes original holdings continually expanding Rome itself requires 7 which I never seem to reach :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

coolguyrko wrote: »
    Plenty of food surplus and keep them happy is what I'm going with. Seems to be so far. Romes original holdings continually expanding Rome itself requires 7 which I never seem to reach :P

So,just build fishing ports etc?

So,just build fishing ports etc?

I tend to go with a fishing port and a farm(up as far as there's no public order penalty and that usually does the trick. Maybe some shrines here and there. Economy buildings when I can tho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Also all my cities seem to be really unhappy like riots breaking out,whats the best way to get public order under control?

• Advertisement

Also all my cities seem to be really unhappy like riots breaking out,whats the best way to get public order under control?

Use edicts. I tend to use the bread and games one to help boost food and public order. When I expand I do my best to capture all the settlements in a province so I can use the edicts. I leave my armies there until they are improving in order and food and then I expand again.
    BTW I'm assuming your using Rome?. They have bread and games I don't know what everyone else has :)

Use edicts. I tend to use the bread and games one to help boost food and public order. When I expand I do my best to capture all the settlements in a province so I can use the edicts. I leave my armies there until they are improving in order and food and then I expand again.
    BTW I'm assuming your using Rome?. They have bread and games I don't know what everyone else has :)

I am indeed :D

I am indeed :D

I've found bread and games to be most useful. Havnt really tried romanization and I'd only use the other two when I'm not expanding and all my regions are happy to boost up my economy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Once you take over a settlement,city keep your army garrisoned there until you your public order is in the green.

Edicts,garrisoned army,and using agents help alot.

To use the agents put them close to your city (separate from your army) and click the bottom left button while the agent is highlighted. More agents mean doing this means it will get into the green quicker.Same goes for armies,the bigger the army the bigger the effect.

When you take over the city,settlement check the buildings. If they have a red triangle on them destroy and build something else or convert it to a building of your own.

In the city details tab in the upper right hand corner uncheck tax this city. It helps a bit aswell.

So. Hows everyone's campaign going?
    I'm playing on normal for both campaign and Battles. Battles are fairly easy but the campaign is actually fairly tough going. I also have battle realism on(originally by mistake) and even tho I've changed the setting in the campaign to off it still has it on which is very annoying.
    Here's mine so far (turn 84) everyone in blue is my client state apart from the guys on Crete they're defensive allies.
    http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w332/coolguyrko/2013-09-04_00013.jpg

After long undefeated campaigns in Italy,Germany and even a long fought war in Greece against a minor faction that had expanded and my treachery against my client state Sparta in favor of making client states out of Macedon and Athens Keggers legion is now in the heart of Gaul conquering and butchering to their hearts content. Some very battle hardened units including mercs I will never disband as they've been there as long as the rest of them.
    http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w332/coolguyrko/2013-09-04_00014.jpg

And finally as promised.....
    http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w332/coolguyrko/2013-09-04_00001.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭thegame983

Has anyone sussed out the whole political intrigue thing. Right now I recruiting generals from my own house and promoting myself. Bot these actions lose senetors. Also there was a botched attempt on my life.

So does anyone know what's going on. It's the one part of the game they don't even touch in the tutorial. I get the gist it's just vague and confusing. How are other people's experience?

Also making client states is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Has anyone else had any trouble with getting past the Bovianum battle in the prologue campaign? I've won it twice and it keeps sending me back to the main screen after the cinematic cut... When I continue the campaign I'm back before the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the campaign map is bugging me, the low fps when i end turn and the time it takes for enemy turns is shockingly slow. up to two and three minutes sometimes. I dont have any problems with fps in battles, just the campaign map :/

Actually there is a load of other things annoying me about Rome 2, i just hope the patch this friday fixes some of them because for all the whinging and moaning i do about them i do really like the game.

Has anyone else had any trouble with getting past the Bovianum battle in the prologue campaign? I've won it twice and it keeps sending me back to the main screen after the cinematic cut... When I continue the campaign I'm back before the battle.

yeah that happened me three times, and one of those times my troops wouldnt climb the ladders lol

they just stood there looking at them befuddled. The forth time they climbed and took one capture point and a cinematic came up and i'd completed the campaign apparently..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

btw, checked my e-mail this morning, amazon sent me the code for the Greek Factions DLC just after midnight, still waiting for the actual game to be delivered though...:(

yeah that happened me three times, and one of those times my troops wouldnt climb the ladders lol

they just stood there looking at them befuddled. The forth time they climbed and took one capture point and a cinematic came up and i'd completed the campaign apparently..

Yeah that's the end of the prologue. It you 'continue campaign' it goes back to the last save...the one just before the battle

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    btw, checked my e-mail this morning, amazon sent me the code for the Greek Factions DLC just after midnight, still waiting for the actual game to be delivered though...:(

right there with you ;/ Let us know when yours is delivered.

thegame983 wrote: »
    Has anyone sussed out the whole political intrigue thing. Right now I recruiting generals from my own house and promoting myself. Bot these actions lose senetors. Also there was a botched attempt on my life.

So does anyone know what's going on. It's the one part of the game they don't even touch in the tutorial. I get the gist it's just vague and confusing. How are other people's experience?

Nothing's been happening with me. I do try spread my generals out tho between the families.

Yip. There's something immensely satisfying about making the Greek states my bitches. There great to have as a barrier between me and any enemies I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

any one know best price for this? Digital?

Best I can see is greenmangaming for 42euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for both. :/

jonny666 wrote: »
    any one know best price for this? Digital?

Best I can see is greenmangaming for 42euro

Try going via this link. i check this site every day for any random deals.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/rome-total-war-2-pc-24-99-greenmangaming-5-cashback-with-tcb-making-23-74-1646891

Yeah that's the end of the prologue. It you 'continue campaign' it goes back to the last save...the one just before the battle
    Yeah, odd that, it was almost like there was supposed to be more to it. Ends kind of abruptly and doesnt tell ye, ye can start a grand campaign or anything.

lol maybe it should just have a '-FIN' or 'The End' or even a
    tumblr_m9mv9gfIgf1rersiao1_500.jpg

Yeah, odd that, it was almost like there was supposed to be more to it. Ends kind of abruptly and doesnt tell ye, ye can start a grand campaign or anything.

lol maybe it should just have a '-FIN' or 'The End' or even a
    tumblr_m9mv9gfIgf1rersiao1_500.jpg

The the the the the the the that's all folks :P porky pig!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

So what strategies are people using?

Most interested in people's technological research and city building strategies.

shoutman wrote: »

Most interested in people's technological research and city building strategies.

Conquer anyone who breaks my non aggression pacts :P
    Research original was the first 3 techs of each type and then whatever I had missions for or whatever I found would help me economically. Legionaries are key. The only barbarian infantry unit I've seen stand up to them are the oathsworn. No other unit generally wins a fight with the legionaries. You can usually bring down cav easily as well. So once you have legionaries just keep selecting a generals skills that boost their melee ability and you shouldn't need to research much military tech apart from boiling oil and stuff that can help defend. So then you can just focus primarily on economical techs. Of course this is if you are playing as Rome

Anyone else think it was a bit od that by the end of the prologue you had conquered Latium but when you start the campaign you also have control over the Greek states in southern Italy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Conquer anyone who breaks my non aggression pacts :P
    Research original was the first 3 techs of each type and then whatever I had missions for or whatever I found would help me economically. Legionaries are key. The only barbarian infantry unit I've seen stand up to them are the oathsworn. No other unit generally wins a fight with the legionaries. You can usually bring down cav easily as well. So once you have legionaries just keep selecting a generals skills that boost their melee ability and you shouldn't need to research much military tech apart from boiling oil and stuff that can help defend. So then you can just focus primarily on economical techs. Of course this is if you are playing as Rome

Alas I'm going with the Iceni barbarians!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

shoutman wrote: »

Slowly but steadily expanding,make sure my cities are in the green before I move on. I try to take only the settlements,cities in the province I'm trying to conquer. I'm planning to get a strong foothold on the east side before moving on Rome (as Sparta)

At least here there's some constructive posts. On the TW forums and reddit its mainly all bitching,as bad as when BF3 came out. Its impossible to get any sot of good threads going without it getting ruined.

• Advertisement

Anyone conquered Arse yet? :P

Advertisement