Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome Total war 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I'm still wondering how the Karma guy managed to have his copy of RTW2 delivered by 31st august from amazon, while it says they don't ship till 3rd September...

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭thegame983

coolguyrko wrote: »
    I expected this. Not much new you can do with a TW game. As for the problems, most if not all can be fixed with a patch maybe even with this day 1 patch and even if not it will be easier for them to find bugs etc as they have this support centre around for awhile which means people will be telling them about the problems directly.

Argghh. The page is blocked in work. I don't suppose someone wants to copy and paste the article and PM it to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

thegame983 wrote: »
    Argghh. The page is blocked in work. I don't suppose someone wants to copy and paste the article and PM it to me?

Done!

Done!

Cheers buddy.

I'm sure the bugs will be sorted out soon enough. In fairness for a game this big it's gonna have issues. Also surly this guy has a pre release copy so it will be even older than the version we get tomorrow.

As far as his other complaints go. Noted. I'll find out for myself tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Not doing terribly well in reviews so far is it?

if it's half as good as Shogun 2, i'll be happy though.

• Advertisement

What are the other reviews saying? Are they citing bugs or gameplay issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Awful early for reviews though you wouldn't be able to get your teeth into it at this stage.

A lot of these early reviews, are a race to publish the first review

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

Early reviews are useless. Opening turns of the game are always a little boring anyway. It's when you get into the heart of your campagin when you try to take down your greatest rivals is when the game comes good. That's when the game earns its money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

PC gamers put in 50 hours,I think thats more than enough for a review. As it is I'm still looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    PC gamers put in 50 hours,I think thats more than enough for a review. As it is I'm still looking forward to it :)

So they've been playing it for 2 days straight? That or else occasionally over a week or 2 with no doubt a buggier version of the game

Either way we are fans of the series. We are more than likely going to love it even if its terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dan_ep82 wrote: »

What did does lads give it?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/total-war-rome-2-review/2/

85/100 from PCGamer. I stopped paying attention to reviews in general a long time ago! Especially with CA where they're constantly tweaking and updating their games, in a few months Rome 2 will probably be a different beast from the one that comes out tomorrow!

so, what time is it unlocked at tomorrow, i know it's morning at some point but no idea when?

so, what time is it unlocked at tomorrow, i know it's morning at some point but no idea when?

8AM in Ireland

awesome, early night for me tonight then :)

http://www.twitch.tv/psponge
    Pontus Campaign stream for anyone interested. Quite laggy though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    I'm still wondering how the Karma guy managed to have his copy of RTW2 delivered by 31st august from amazon, while it says they don't ship till 3rd September...

Mine shipped on Friday I think it was and it popped in the letterbox next morning. What can I say?

As for the bugs, sure any TW fans will be used to this by now, it's like tradition at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Most of the reviews iv seen are good or else they nit pick about graphical, Animation or Ai problems or more damning for the reviewers that the game is a mite complex

Aww diddums

Really looking forward to tomorrow wish steam still released at midnight but i can wait

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

bizmark wrote: »
    Most of the reviews iv seen are good or else they nit pick about graphical, Animation or Ai problems or more damning for the reviewers that the game is a mite complex

Aww diddums

Really looking forward to tomorrow wish steam still released at midnight but i can wait

Yo. You're gonna have to hop on ts for a game of this with me, I'm the only one who is getting it, trying to talk others into splashing the cash.

Sure have quite a few m8s getting the game so hopefuly we could get some mulitiplayer games going as well

4 sided free for alls sounds fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Bit-Tech Review (gave it
    96%
    ).

GamesRadar Review (gave it
    9/10
    )

Bugs aside (which seem minor compared to previous CA blunders), it seems that the biggest gripe is that it isn't much of a departure for the series, an incremental improvement without pushing new boundaries. In other words, more of the same in a shinier new coat. I can pretty much live with that, personally speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

It looks like it's going to be the sort of game that my imagination made the first Rome out to be when it came out!

As in all the 'blanks' caused by limitations of the engine that I filled in myself have now been filled in for me!

Bit-Tech Review (gave it
    96%
    ).

GamesRadar Review (gave it
    9/10
    )

Bugs aside (which seem minor compared to previous CA blunders), it seems that the biggest gripe is that it isn't much of a departure for the series, an incremental improvement without pushing new boundaries. In other words, more of the same in a shinier new coat. I can pretty much live with that, personally speaking.

Nice to see them balance out the reviews a bit all the same.
    And yeah, i can definitely live with that, in fact it's exactly what i expect from a TW game.

Its getting good reviews. 85 on metacritic is pretty impressive. Joystiq gave it 3.5/5 because it wasn't casual friendly. Which is a plus in my book.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just got my key,just wondering is there a separate code for greek dlc ?or is just one code?

Its getting good reviews. 85 on metacritic is pretty impressive. Joystiq gave it 3.5/5 because it wasn't casual friendly. Which is a plus in my book.

A bit negative display of so called game journalism and reviews though if it can be badly reviewed simply cause the sims crowd wont like it

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Just got my key,just wondering is there a separate code for greek dlc ?or is just one code?

I got mine on nuuvem and I got a separate key for the dlc.

85 is an average too, generally metacritic is good for that kind of scoring, but Christ almighty the user reviews are a travesty. I seen the user reviews for COH2 get trashed by the entire Russian playerbase just because of the portrayal of the soldiers and officers in the campaign.
    But anyways.. Cant understand why Joystiq use a 5/5 system, it's not very accurate or detailed at all imo. Then again if they cater to casual gamers it probably is justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Is Nuuvem the best place to buy it? Want it, but not for the 55 steam is charging!

• Advertisement

g2play and greenmangameing.com have it as well for less than the 55 steams asking not sure if g2play.com comes with the greek dlc though but it is the cheapist.

Alternatively you could have a English friend buy it for you on steam then gift it to your poor euro ass as i did and it costs around 35 euro

Advertisement