Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

281340.png
    281341.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

idiocy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I find myself reading Normans comments with a blocked nose nordie accent:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The more Connor antics I hear about the more he comes across as that mouthy fella in your class in school who could beat up the other kids so he preyed on it. Not quite a bully, but not too far off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

To be fair that one just seems like some good hearted jokin to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

I think a lot of people copped that norman was throwing a few shots that he never threw before that conor has been throwing. A couple of times he changed his stance throughout the fight to the way conor stands. Always taut that dana wouldnt match these up but yhe more I think about it it could probably happen. Maybe in Dublin. The biggest 2 names in ireland. Honestly think Conor would make easy work of him. Destroy him actually. Normans a decent fighter but just dont think he could ever trouble top10-15 LW. I see hes asking for Barboza. He would be finished early if he got that fight IMO.

Ray Mond wrote: »
    I think a lot of people copped that norman was throwing a few shots that he never threw before that conor has been throwing. A couple of times he changed his stance throughout the fight to the way conor stands. Always taut that dana wouldnt match these up but yhe more I think about it it could probably happen. Maybe in Dublin. The biggest 2 names in ireland. Honestly think Conor would make easy work of him. Destroy him actually. Normans a decent fighter but just dont think he could ever trouble top10-15 LW. I see hes asking for Barboza. He would be finished early if he got that fight IMO.

Conor should stay where he is at 145 tbh.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Conor should stay where he is at 145 tbh.

I prefer him at 145 aswell. But he said hed like his 1st fight back at 155. But sean shelby isnt having any of it. I like Brandao for him next after Pea head Poirier beats him. Think its a step back for poirier tbh and he should beat Brandao. Think Conor would stop him also . Then a top 10 maybe even Poirier. That fight is inevitable anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Bahahahahah hes asking for Edson Barboza?? they may book his ambulance for about 3 minutes into the fight he would be literally kicked around the octagon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Barboza would kick the legs off Conor in the first round. Terrible fight for him.

• Advertisement

Barboza would kick the legs off Conor in the first round. Terrible fight for him.

I would have my house on him Knocking Mcgregor out,only for his lost to varner he would be the biggest prospect in the ufc I actually think that loss will be good for him in the long run,I believe hes fighting on an undercard of Benavidez fight I expect another whopping to be dished out to Castillo.

SRFC wrote: »
    I would have my house on him Knocking Mcgregor out,only for his lost to varner he would be the biggest prospect in the ufc I actually think that loss will be good for him in the long run,I believe hes fighting on an undercard of Benavidez fight I expect another whopping to be dished out to Castillo.

Its Norman thats asking for the fight. He'll get ****kked up.
    Your house on him haha. Wouodnt be that confident hes a ****ing beast. Leg kicks are up there with the best but people get almost scared after the first leg kick and dont check them. Then they get finished. Conor would put the pressure on him rather than the other way.
    It be a good fight. Winnable, but Conors future is at 145

Its Norman thats asking for the fight. He'll get ****kked up.
    Your house on him haha. Wouodnt be that confident hes a ****ing beast. Leg kicks are up there with the best but people get almost scared after the first leg kick and dont check them. Then they get finished. Conor would put the pressure on him rather than the other way.
    It be a good fight. Winnable, but Conors future is at 145

Edson would smash conor or norman up with ease,if you think edson only has leg kicks then you'll be surprised,everyone seen his k.o off etim the man is a future champ now IMO.

Who said he only has leg kicks???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

conors a natural 145er... Edson is 5'11 and a big 155er with 6 UFC wins it's not comparable ... yet. Hope Conor stays at 145 anyway but I wouldn't write him off in any fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I will be livid if the UFC make Mc Gregor / Parke in Dublin. That fight has crowd trouble written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

unknown13 wrote: »
    I will be livid if the UFC make Mc Gregor / Parke in Dublin. That fight has crowd trouble written all over it.

Disagree strongly. This isn't soccer, its a civilized sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

John_D80 wrote: »

That may be so but could you imagine the people that would only go because they know Conor is fighting versus someone from NI, or because Norman is fighting someone from the Republic? Civilized sport or not you could get those minority of fans attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

John_D80 wrote: »

Unfortunately not, when i was in London for UFC75 the atmosphere was just dire, fights breaking out all around the arena, quite a few outside afterwards. Not a nice place to be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

scudzilla wrote: »
    Unfortunately not, when i was in London for UFC75 ........

Well that was your problem right there.

But in all seriousness, I couldn't see too much more potential trouble surrounding that match-up than any other. Acknowledged though, there are dickheads in every crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

I hope there's a huge effort to keep the nonsense at a minimum in the o2 next year or the press will jump all over it... which would be pretty crap for the sport here

I worked at Cage Rage years ago on the cage lookin out into the crowd and there literally wasn't one single bit of trouble in the point. It was oddly civilized actually for a gig in the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

unknown13 wrote: »
    It would be full of the ole ole, tricolour waving brigade. With their sensitive, nuanced and educated view of Irish politics it is hard to see how their would be any trouble or bad blood. :rolleyes:

I don't think Conor is too far off being one of them tbh.

His remarks on The MMA Hour about Parke needing to pick a side, UK or Ireland, echo those that you'd hear from a guy in the pub slating "The Brits" whilst wearing a Liverpool shirt!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

I didn't know about this Conor giving Norman a hard time nonsense, every thing I read about conor I like him less.

"Then there was the curious case of Conor McGregor and Northern Irish lightweight Norman Parke. See, McGregor enjoys walking out to the cage wrapped in the flag of the Republic of Ireland, Parke in the flag of his native Northern Ireland. The Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland have a rather long nasty history. So when Dublin native McGregor went on The MMA Hour and called out Parke after beating brimage, his words were heavy with historical baggage:

“If an MMA site said I was UK fighter Conor McGregor, which does happen, I would write to them, 'I’m actually Irish.' I would write something like that, whereas [Parke] considers himself British, so when people say he’s Irish he should come on and say, ‘No, actually I’m British.’ Maybe he should do that. That would be one thing: Have respect for where you’re from.”

Parke responded the way you’d expect a man who’d been raised in an environment of constant religious and sectarian strife would respond: with extreme caution and suspicion. 

“A lot of people would want to see that fight for the wrong reasons,” Parke said. “I started martial arts to get away from that. A lot of people would like to see the northern guy beat the southern guy. [But] political stuff is going to ruin the sport.”

Conor needs to realize that some people in N.I consider themselves to be Irish and British, just like Scottish, Welsh and English also consider themselves to be British. Hate the thoughts of my favourite sport getting dragged down with this ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Drained_Empty

norman parke continuously coming across very classy in this exchange. conor coming across very uninformed and sounding like a gurrier

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Henry9

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    It would be full of the ole ole, tricolour waving brigade. With their sensitive, nuanced and educated view of Irish politics it is hard to see how their would be any trouble or bad blood. :rolleyes:
    That's the problem though, when you go down the road of building a 'profile' by rabble rousing. I think it's very irresponsible to be cynical about an issue like this. You'll often see two guys trash talking and then after the.bell they're best friends. But this could have serious repercussions.

It's actually odd, because on FB the SBG camp are very complimentary towards Norman and Rodney, there seems to be a lot if respect there. Maybe it's just a media strategy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭hungry hippo 4

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I don't think Conor is too far off being one of them tbh.

His remarks on The MMA Hour about Parke needing to pick a side, UK or Ireland, echo those that you'd hear from a guy in the pub slating "The Brits" whilst wearing a Liverpool shirt!

Conor could not give two hoots what you think! Regardless of what he says he will draw the crowds due to his fighting ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Henry9

Conor could not give two hoots what you think! Regardless of what he says he will draw the crowds due to his fighting ability.
    That's obviously not true, given that he invests so much time talking his profile up.
    If that's the game he wants to play then fine, but then he has to take the consequences of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    It would be full of the ole ole, tricolour waving brigade.
    Indeed, waving the countries flag, and singing songs at a sporting event. How dare they. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

the sooner he is back, fit and rareing to go the better. if nothing else it would cut out some of the bickering in this trend, it's like killing time in here :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement