Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jowkon

@LOGIC IT WILL NOT BE SEPTEMBER. Maybe Christmas if Santa exists. I can bet a pint :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

mightyreds wrote: »
    My area has up its going live on the 27th of the month whats the best to do now eircom line checker says its enabled and taking orders i am with vodafone though and the line checker is saying not enabled.

Is it best to contact vodafone now to get my order in or does it matter if i wait till the 27th?

I preordered with eircom: they lost my order. Ring up Vodafone on the 27th/28th to get "migrated", as they call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mrmcq2u

How do I get the actual date that the exchange is supposed to go live. It says on the map and line checker August 14. At the Sixmilebridge exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

mrmcq2u wrote: »
    How do I get the actual date that the exchange is supposed to go live. It says on the map and line checker August 14. At the Sixmilebridge exchange.
    From http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ it looks like some cabs will be open for order from August 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mrmcq2u

Thanks JD, Checked the corporate site myself as well. Not sure how I missed it. Sixmilebridge is down for 13th. Think it was the 24th of July before that on the line checker. Hopefully it's not delayed again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

Anyone know if its in cbar this eviber

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

I live 2.5 miles out of Castleblayney which has just gone live with efibre, I'm assuming I won't be able to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BrBr

Hi all, just wondering if efibre has actually gone live in blackrock in county louth as it does say on the coverage map. The eircom wholesale map till says autumn / winter. Is there any eircom reps that could confirm this?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jowkon

BrBr wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if efibre has actually gone live in blackrock in county louth as it does say on the coverage map. The eircom wholesale map till says autumn / winter. Is there any eircom reps that could confirm this?

Thanks

As usually the eircom map is a joke but new "update" is even bigger joke. I checked map (08 August) with expectation that Courtown will be push back a month or two as usually but no this time "its averrable now" Bravo eircom :) Map is on time - fibre is nowhere as there is no even one cabinet there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Isco wrote: »
    I live 2.5 miles out of Castleblayney which has just gone live with efibre, I'm assuming I won't be able to get it?

probably not unfortunately. I Live 2km from Dunshaughlin and nobody can get fibre beyond 500 meters of any of the cabinets as they only operate in housing estates. Everyone else is on a direct fed line. Castleblayney most likely similar. Most of the main street premises are also not passing for fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

BrBr wrote: »

Thanks

Hi

The wholesale map is generally more accurate than the efibre map, as it shows the cabinets in each area. It will show the ones that are live (green) and the ones that are pending (usually orange or blue). The eFibre map is very misleading, telling you an area is live when up to 75% of the area is actually not.

So check your area to see if there any live cabinets close to your actual address and if there is check your phone number for availability. Also use this link in addition to enter your address and click on the VDSL cabinet box on the left panel.

http://www.irelandoffline.org/newmap/#/main

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

my area pushed back again now its September,an absolute joke.

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    my area pushed back again now its September,an absolute joke.

It may say September but realistically it will probably be 2015 before your line will be enabled. Usually when an area is enabled? only a few lines will be activated initially and the rest usually within 6-8 months if you're lucky. I can vouch for this in at least 3 locations, 2 in the Naas area of Kildare and one in the Whitehall area of Dublin. The cabinets in each area are enabled since early 2014 but the lines around them still are not several months later and there is no definite date as to when they will be.

If you are in an area which is part of the ESB/Vodafone project first phase that rollout might be quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Tullow is showing as enabled now, I note that only some Cabs are in and ready with a go live date of 28th of this month with others showing as planned, is this normal for a eFibre rollout?

14886146295_43235392ed_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Curiously, there's a cabinet installed at the entrance to my estate in Castletroy, Limerick but it doesn't even appear on the Eircom wholesale map as a planned cabinet. Eircom line checker still says fibre is not available here yet. Anyone else come across this?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

My area in the South West is now Jan-March 2015.
    Not bad I suppose when it was to be March 2014.
    Complete joke of a company.
    You wouldn't want to be making any plans based on their dates would you ?
    A complete embarrassment :o

Villain wrote: »
    Tullow is showing as enabled now, I note that only some Cabs are in and ready with a go live date of 28th of this month with others showing as planned, is this normal for a eFibre rollout?

To answer your question it's no. Usually when an area goes live at least 1 to 2 of the cabinets will be green in colour. As for the 28th the cabinet may go live but there is no guarantee your line will be enabled as a resut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

The cabinet in my area is "live" for 1 and a half years. But nobody in the area is eligible for fibre? Not even the houses right beside it.
    Explain that one? I've been onto eircom several times to get an explanation but all i get is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

cunnijo wrote: »
    To answer your question it's no. Usually when an area goes live at least 1 to 2 of the cabinets will be green in colour. As for the 28th the cabinet may go live but there is no guarantee your line will be enabled as a resut

Thanks I more meant is usual for some cabinets to go live before others are even installed, the cabinets in Orange are not present and I understand re the lines, I won't be getting VDSL or even DSL where I am my 50mb/25mb PTP wireless will have to do ;) however I have family members near a cab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Villain wrote: »

The blue means that work has commenced on them but not yet complete.
    They could well be complete before the live date of the 28th.

Remember, only 40% of the cabs in an exchange area need be live for the area to be declared as 'live'. 12 cabs and 5 in progress looks close to 40% :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Chimaera wrote: »
    Curiously, there's a cabinet installed at the entrance to my estate in Castletroy, Limerick but it doesn't even appear on the Eircom wholesale map as a planned cabinet. Eircom line checker still says fibre is not available here yet. Anyone else come across this?

Sure its VDSL? Both copper distribution cabs and UPCs DOCSIS nodes look quite similar. Copper cabs have upward shevrons on them and upcs have a metallic color lock almost flush to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

most ridiculous answer ever:
    I have looked into this for you and although eFibre is available in your area your home is not yet enabled as this is done on a phase by phase basis.
    Different addresses within the exchange areas are being upgraded at different times however feel free to check back with us in a couple of months and hopefully we have more information for you then.
    I am here:
    34ii6o3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

most ridiculous answer ever:

I am here:
    34ii6o3.jpg

What's ridiculous about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

ED E wrote: »
    Sure its VDSL? Both copper distribution cabs and UPCs DOCSIS nodes look quite similar. Copper cabs have upward shevrons on them and upcs have a metallic color lock almost flush to the door.

Yup. There are two cabinets side-by-side exactly like the ones in the OP on this thread, plus there have been eircom vans around them on and off over the last few weeks since they went in. I'll grab a photo tomorrow if I think of it.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    What's ridiculous about it?

Absolutely nothing. I got the very same reply from an Eircom sales rep when I recently asked about my folks phone number, which according to Eircom's map is in a fibre enabled area. As for the map itself as of today it no longer a viable tool to determine efibre availability. One area Prosperous in Kildare is showing as live when there is no cabinets installed there yet and a friend living there has been officially told it will be October at the very least before any work is complete.

So look at the wholesale map for a more accurate picture of what cabinets (if any) are in your area and an idea of when they may go live.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

a cabinet is less than 100m from my door

What area of the country are you in? Also is a yellow sticker on the top right hand corner as you look at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Is the cabinet marked as live according to the wholesale website?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Question for ye...

The Boherbue exchange in Co. Cork is now down for upgrade in Spring 2015. At present this exchange services the village of Boherbue and the village of Kiskeam approx 5km away by road. As a result, Kiskeam relies on 3 "broadband". When fibre comes available, will eircom be putting a VDSL cabinet in Kiskeam or will it continue to get no broadband?

Advertisement