Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Is the cabinet marked as live according to the wholesale website?

If the cabinet is live, firstly there will be a yellow sticker on the top right corner with an area and number. When visiting either the Eircom wholesale or Ireland Offline map it will also show as green.

So check the next time you pass it for the yellow sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

cunnijo wrote: »
    If the cabinet is live, firstly there will be a yellow sticker on the top right corner with an area and number. When visiting either the Eircom wholesale or Ireland Offline map it will also show as green.

Yellow sticker doesn't always mean it's live. Cab at entrance to my estate has one with nearly a year and it's not live.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

according to wholesale website it's live. see below my street in green:
    SonLrUm.png

Yellow sticker doesn't always mean it's live. Cab at entrance to my estate has one with nearly a year and it's not live.

Quite true. But it will identify it on the wholesale map as either being live (green) or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

SonLrUm.png

Then that's annoying as f**k.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I have eFibre since Dec 13 and neither of my cabinets (copper or fibre) have ever had yellow stickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

SonLrUm.png

I stuck a house number in COIS LUACHRA DOORADOYLE | LIMERICK and
    You are in an eFibre enabled area

You can get a maximum of 70Mb download speed

What happens when you use your address for availability at
    https://www.eircom.net/broadband/productDetails?id=bu_23

jd wrote: »
    I stuck a house number in COIS LUACHRA DOORADOYLE | LIMERICK and
    You are in an eFibre enabled area

You can get a maximum of 70Mb download speed

What happens when you use your address for availability at
    https://www.eircom.net/broadband/productDetails?id=bu_23

this is where I started, after was told efibre is available in my particular house I wanted to go ahead, but somehow the site wanted to charged me more, see my thread here: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057255882

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭gipi

I entered my address on the eircom link above and was told I'm fibre enabled.....entered my phone number and was told I'm not fibre enabled! Back where I started, I guess!

this is where I started, after was told efibre is available in my particular house I wanted to go ahead, but somehow the site wanted to charged me more, see my thread here: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057255882

Ok, so it is available to you, whatever about the pricing.

• Advertisement

if you scroll to the end you will see the response I got from eirom rep

if you scroll to the end you will see the response I got from eirom rep
    Getting off topic here, but do you have a pending fibre order with another isp?

Anyway the online form checks the prequal file so I think the rep should check again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

Absolutely nothing. I got the very same reply from an Eircom sales rep when I recently asked about my folks phone number, which according to Eircom's map is in a fibre enabled area. As for the map itself as of today it no longer a viable tool to determine efibre availability. One area Prosperous in Kildare is showing as live when there is no cabinets installed there yet and a friend living there has been officially told it will be October at the very least before any work is complete.

So look at the wholesale map for a more accurate picture of what cabinets (if any) are in your area and an idea of when they may go live.

Cabinet beside me on wholesale map is marked live - nobody in the area is eligible for fibre. So even going on the wholesale map gives you no guarantees about anything - the only way you'll know is by checking with eircom either online or on the phone. And the usual response that I get is - not all areas in an exchange blah blah blah....also no timeline giving when i'll be able to avail of fibre if ever. Ive asked why is it the cabinet is live and nobody is connected and it has been marked live for the last 1.5 years? Still have to get a response to that question. They normally revert back to - not all areas in an exchange.....

damienirel wrote: »
    Cabinet beside me on wholesale map is marked live - nobody in the area is eligible for fibre. So even going on the wholesale map gives you no guarantees about anything - the only way you'll know is by checking with eircom either online or on the phone. And the usual response that I get is - not all areas in an exchange blah blah blah....also no timeline giving when i'll be able to avail of fibre if ever. Ive asked why is it the cabinet is live and nobody is connected and it has been marked live for the last 1.5 years? Still have to get a response to that question. They normally revert back to - not all areas in an exchange.....

I totally agree. The wholesale map and the new one on Ireland Offline I find is a little bit more credible than the efibre one but as you say guarantees absolutely nothing. You really have to ask why bother installing a VDSL cabinet in an area and not allow the people living around it to avail of the service it is supposed to provide. As for the excuses coming from Eircom sales you would think they do not seem to want the business. If they did they would go the extra mile to get your custom I would think. The saga continues unfortunately.

So as I mentioned earlier bring on the ESB/Vodafone program. It cannot come soon enough.

I totally agree. The wholesale map and the new one on Ireland Offline I find is a little bit more credible than the efibre one but as you say guarantees absolutely nothing. You really have to ask why bother installing a VDSL cabinet in an area and not allow the people living around it to avail of the service it is supposed to provide. As for the excuses coming from Eircom sales you would think they do not seem to want the business. If they did they would go the extra mile to get your custom I would think. The saga continues unfortunately.

So as I mentioned earlier bring on the ESB/Vodafone program. It cannot come soon enough.

It's extremely strange to install the expensive piece of hardware and leave it there to depreciate? Not sure what eircoms tactics are tbh? From a business perspective it makes absolutely no sense however maybe politically it does?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The cabs that are in and inactive are likely waiting on KNN availability. No point making a cab RFO if there's nobody there to do the installations.

ED E wrote: »
    The cabs that are in and inactive are likely waiting on KNN availability. No point making a cab RFO if there's nobody there to do the installations.

Think you've missed one important point.
    It's marked active on the wholesale map.

Think you've missed one important point.
    It's marked active on the wholesale map.
    You may not be connected through that copper cab to the exchange, or you may be directly connected to the exchange. Where is the cab?

You may not be connected through that copper cab to the exchange, or you may be directly connected to the exchange. Where is the cab?

Fibre is not available to anybody in the area of the cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fibre is not available to anybody in the area of the cabinet.

What cab is it?

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    What cab is it?

Not sure I'd want to disclose that on a public forum after mentioning I live close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

lol courtown is marked active now and I haven't seen a cabinet anywhere. Two weeks ago it was marked as october.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tomselleck101

logic wrote: »
    lol courtown is marked active now and I haven't seen a cabinet anywhere. Two weeks ago it was marked as october.
    The eFibre map is rubbish, Google "fibrerollout where and when" and look at the map there, it seems to actually have some resemblance to the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

The eFibre map is rubbish, Google "fibrerollout where and when" and look at the map there, it seems to actually have some resemblance to the situation.

This map says for Newcastle West near Limerick:
    Estimated date for first Live Fibre Services is 06 August 2014

It seems to be not updated much.

I think the efibre map has been corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

amdaley28 wrote: »
    My area in the South West is now Jan-March 2015.
    Not bad I suppose when it was to be March 2014.
    Complete joke of a company.
    You wouldn't want to be making any plans based on their dates would you ?
    A complete embarrassment :o

Edit: I just checked the map & its now back in my area from Jan_Mar 2015 to September 2014. Does anyone have any idea what's going on :o

Edit: I just checked the map & its now back in my area from Jan_Mar 2015 to September 2014. Does anyone have any idea what's going on :o

I presume someone on eircom retail's web team corrected the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Same for me now says September in my area :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I presume someone on eircom retail's web team corrected the map.

They didn't correct it all. The exchange area I live is in live (pelletstown in Dublin) according to the eircom map for over a month, but 0 cabs are actually live at the moment (with no date either) on the wholesale map, although most have been installed for months now.. I'm a bit fed up checking to be honest.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    They didn't correct it all. The exchange area I live is in live (pelletstown in Dublin) according to the eircom map for over a month, but 0 cabs are actually live at the moment (with no date either) on the wholesale map, although most have been installed for months now.. I'm a bit fed up checking to be honest.

Looking at fibrerollout.ie cabs 6,7,10 have dates against him (the 27th).

I think eircom retail mark an exchange area as live once there are ready to order dates for any cabs.

Advertisement