Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

ESB ESB ESB C'mon lads cannot wait to see the slow death of eircom pick up some speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

jd wrote: »
    Looking at fibrerollout.ie cabs 6,7,10 have dates against him (the 27th).

I think eircom retail mark an exchange area as live once there are ready to order dates for any cabs.

Some exchanges have date in past, so it is either not precise or map is not updated frequently enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭jd

September1 wrote: »
    Some exchanges have date in past, so it is either not precise or map is not updated frequently enough.

Yes, I think it's generally updated one a month, when eircom wholesale release a deployment update to the retail isps.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tomselleck101

5starpool wrote: »
    They didn't correct it all. The exchange area I live is in live (pelletstown in Dublin) according to the eircom map for over a month, but 0 cabs are actually live at the moment (with no date either) on the wholesale map, although most have been installed for months now.. I'm a bit fed up checking to be honest.

Yeah they are ridiculous. I remember it said January '14 then being bumped to July '14. Now it's live?

I posted on their forums here about a month ago, they've updated the map since then, but not for Pelletstown.

It annoys me more how they blatantly lie about release dates, instead of putting January '15+ or something.

Anybody know how painful it is to switch to Vodafone / Sky? It's cheaper than Eircom and presumably the same speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Yeah they are ridiculous. I remember it said January '14 then being bumped to July '14. Now it's live?

I posted on their forums here about a month ago, they've updated the map since then, but not for Pelletstown.

It annoys me more how they blatantly lie about release dates, instead of putting January '15+ or something.

Anybody know how painful it is to switch to Vodafone / Sky? It's cheaper than Eircom and presumably the same speed.

dunno about switching, but I'm waiting 48 days so far to be connected: link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭smoking_kills

jd wrote: »
    Looking at fibrerollout.ie cabs 6,7,10 have dates against him (the 27th).

I think eircom retail mark an exchange area as live once there are ready to order dates for any cabs.

According to that map there is a enabled cabinet about 150m from my house. Still no fibre though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

really annoying here i live in carrick on shannon but my address is not enabled but 100mtrs in every direction people can get fibre

• Registered Users Posts: 35 asingrang

Eircom have sent out letters saying that now everybody connected to the Swords exchange can now get eFibre. Makes a change from the pot luck that it was before.
    The letter states in bold "upgrading ALL customers in Swords to eFiber" then goes on to say to call them to arrange your connection.

So if you are in Swords and couldnt get eFibre before, now Eircom will send an engineer to your house to fix anything between you and the cabinet that is preventing you getting eFibre.

Good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That's eircom retail, the cabling issues still apply. Direct feds will still have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 asingrang

ED E wrote: »
    That's eircom retail, the cabling issues still apply. Direct feds will still have to wait.

What are direct feds?

Does that mean that those who cant get efibre now will never get it, even after getting that letter?

• Advertisement

asingrang wrote: »
    What are direct feds?

Does that mean that those who cant get efibre now will never get it, even after getting that letter?

The letter means feck all essentially.

Those within 2km of the exchange that currently can't get it, will get in cira 6months +. Those further than 2km not waiting on a particular cab won't get it for the foreseable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jowkon

Yeay At last! Cabs are growing in Riverchapel Co Wexford!!! Shell I upload same pics?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

seen that, one installed at brooks super market and they are working on the beachside estate right now. Still have to wait for them to be commissioned though. Wonder how long that will take? It's taking them about a week to get a cabinet installed and two more to go then they might looking at commissioning them. Is it still a yellow sticker on the cabinet to indicate that they are active/ready to activated?

There is one - two man crew. They doing here and there every day somewhere else around. There is 11 cabs all toga there and they are nearly half way. 2 more weeks for cabs + 6/8 to be activated (if they (we) lucky) Hopefully November :) This year!;)
    edit: Its actually 10 cabs planned now-it was 11 before-1 less on current plan Im not sure which one was it

Updat: 5cabs on place, 2 in progress. 3 left- Looks promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Yellow sticker means nothing, my nearest cab has been sitting ready with yellow sticker for ages. Eircom say go back to them for an update late Oct or November...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭a4j_ie

Anybody know how I can find out which exchange I'm connected to??? Looking on the map CLK1_029 is the closest point? But not being upgraded, while one less than 1km is!!! Really hope I'm connect to the other one!!!

@a4j_ie few pages back is a link where you can find this out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Got my fibre in today its all connected but the internet light on my box is red, the technician said it happens 2/10 that Vodafone would sort it but they said it would be 24hrs.

Anyone have this problem and was there a simple solution or know what's causing it my router wasn't changed its a hauwei Hg658c

Either the order hasnt completed yet and thus your account details arent live yet, or theyve screwed it up and connected you to the wrong port.

Hopefully be OK to Moro thought there might be something my side I could do. I'll ring to Moro and see thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

mightyreds wrote: »
    Got my fibre in today its all connected but the internet light on my box is red, the technician said it happens 2/10 that Vodafone would sort it but they said it would be 24hrs.

Anyone have this problem and was there a simple solution or know what's causing it my router wasn't changed its a hauwei Hg658c

I didn't think the installer could leave until he did a speed test on his tablet, screen grabbed it and got you to sign something to say it was up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

jca wrote: »
    I didn't think the installer could leave until he did a speed test on his tablet, screen grabbed it and got you to sign something to say it was up and running.

For Eircom yes, not for Vodafone as Vodafone save costs by not paying for the engineer to install the modem. With Vodafone the engineer doesn't care if it locks on as long as the line test passes. He's not even supposed to touch the modem, that's up to the customer, supposed self install.

Update on this guys I rang Vodafone today and they said it needs a supervisor to sort it and there's not one available till Monday.

The kn network enigineer said its a clerical issue with Vodafone which I'm starting to believe cause the guy on the phone today said its on there side the issue is but they need a supervisor to sort it.

I can also see my stats on the router page my download stream is like 102380 or something and a friend of mine who was doing installlations on this in england for a few Year's said my line is good, just not active by my provider, I'm not 100% sure on what he said could be waffle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

mightyreds wrote: »
    Update on this guys I rang Vodafone today and they said it needs a supervisor to sort it and there's not one available till Monday.

The kn network enigineer said its a clerical issue with Vodafone which I'm starting to believe cause the guy on the phone today said its on there side the issue is but they need a supervisor to sort it.

I can also see my stats on the router page my download stream is like 102380 or something and a friend of mine who was doing installlations on this in england for a few Year's said my line is good, just not active by my provider, I'm not 100% sure on what he said could be waffle?

Sounds like your attainable is 100Mb down.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Boognish

Just had a look at one of those coverage maps - there's a cab around 70 metres from my house that's marked green but I can't access it. Checked a couple of numbers in the nearby estate and it's available to them. anyone got a rough idea of how long this could take?

All 9 cabinets installed in Riverchapel except CRT1_010 (no work started there yet)
    On the when /where map 4 cabs are marked blue and rest red. However same red ones where installed even before blue ones. Im wander if the blue ones are actually the only ones which will be active from day one and others from 2015...

Anyone know what means white reflective square label (50mm size) in left top cornet on the old cabinet?

Havent seen any white labels, you sure its CCP cab and not one for another utility?

Its regular old cab CRT1_011. The new cabe is there since last week. There was a white van there for a day (different logo not eircom and not kn) and there is sticker on it since. will do pic later.

Sounds like your attainable is 100Mb down.

Thanks its really nothing the last 5 days cause Vodafone don't know whether they are coming or going joke of a service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

quick question if anybody could help, it says Fibre Broadband Cabinet is expected to go Live on 24/09/14 for us, i am just wondering we are roughly 2km away from the cabinet are we too faw away to get any improvement on our broadband speed?

Advertisement