Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

Carndonagh in County Donegal now live on the efibre network, got mine installed today - was told I was only the 3rd person here to get it. Speeds are limited to 30meg, but upgrading from 1meg, I'm very happy so far.....

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

Anyone know what is happening to efibre rollout in Clonakilty ? Eircom map says live even though no cabs even installed! Line check says coming in June 14, wholesale site says autumn! Total confusion. All along we were planned after Bandon but before Skibb. No Bandon and Skibb live. Most of the town is on direct feed from the exchange, so what is going to happen with these connections? Can they do it internally from exchange yet ? The building is big enough for some extra racks I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AWiseMan0220

The eFibre services went live in Castleisland since May. I have only added two of the cabinets in Castleisland to the map few weeks before it went live there. I am sure there are more eFibre cabinets in Castleisland.
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    I added a cabinet to the map at Beech Rd in Carlow a while ago but it is only showing on the map and not in the list. it was Carlow-CRW1_077-Beech Rd.

I have this same problem here for Castleisland in County Kerry on the map. I added the main exchange and two cabinets a while ago.

These were:
    Castleisland - CID - Telephone Exchange
    Castleisland - CID - Clonough Drive
    Castleisland - CID - Limerick Road

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

There are 2 cabinets in the Caragh area of Kildare (close to Mondello Park just outside Naas) While both are live (so say Eircom) since May most of the lines around them have not been activated and Eircom are not giving any idea of when they will be.

So if this happening there then be sure a lot of other areas around the country are in the same situation. So while it is all well and good putting in the cabinets it would be good if customers could connect to them when they go live and be able to avail of the service which ever ISP they are with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I got eircom broadband last week and the max that my line can handle is 20mbps. Do Eircom upgrade these speeds continuously?

I'm in Rochestown in Cork, I asked on the eircom chat but they couldn't tell me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Nice one devil. Where exactly did you find this info"To be enabled 25th June"?
    As I posted a while back the other cab is on Castle Point opposite the boatyard gate. That'll be great if it doesn't slip from "June" like it slipped from "May". Vodafone are insisting there's no fibre on offer in Crosshaven at all in the near future!

Sorry can't remember where I found the note about being enabled on June 25, probably here:

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

In any case I had a chap from Vodafone around last week selling their fibre offering and today (the 25th) an Eircom salesman showed up.

He told me the max speed will be 43mb - I'm about 200 metres from the cab.

Installation is next week so I'll report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Sorry can't remember where I found the note about being enabled on June 25, probably here:

In any case I had a chap from Vodafone around last week selling their fibre offering and today (the 25th) an Eircom salesman showed up.

Were they just blanketing Brightwater or something? I want to sign up of it but as I say Vofafone say our area (The Point) is not on the list as being enabled. Did either of them give you a phone number?

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Were they just blanketing Brightwater or something? I want to sign up of it but as I say Vofafone say our area (The Point) is not on the list as being enabled. Did either of them give you a phone number?

That's odd. According to the Eircom website the entire village of Crosshaven is enabled. I don't understand why they would activate one cab and not the other.

Does your number validate for (up to 100mb) fibre on the Vodafone line checker thingy?

http://www.vodafone.ie/home-phone-broadband/home-extra/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Giles74

Hi Robinstown, Navan, Co Meath...eFibre heading out that way at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

That's odd. According to the Eircom website the entire village of Crosshaven is enabled. I don't understand why they would activate one cab and not the other.

Does your number validate for (up to 100mb) fibre on the Vodafone line checker thingy?

I have Eircom broadband and the max speed that I can get according to Eircom is 20 meg. According to that vodafone link it says up to 100 meg so not very accurate on that vodafone site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DDM1_020 has just gone in. Must be in the last two weeks, could be even more recently. Wholesale map still has it pending completion.

A line I think is connected to it (could be cab 64 though) still reading as not available yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 calden

BLR1_005 - The Square, Blackrock, Dundalk has gone in in the last few days too:

Is there a time frame for when cabinet has be installed until it's energised?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still nothing here in Monasterevin, cabs installed a few months now.

Del007 wrote: »
    I have Eircom broadband and the max speed that I can get according to Eircom is 20 meg. According to that vodafone link it says up to 100 meg so not very accurate on that vodafone site

The "up to" speed is the maximum achievable on the line which is almost impossible unless the cab is in your living room and connected via solid gold wire to your computer! :)

The sales guys can give you a fairly accurate max speed based on your address. Eircom have told me the max speed for me is 43mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

The "up to" speed is the maximum achievable on the line which is almost impossible unless the cab is in your living room and connected via solid gold wire to your computer! :)

The sales guys can give you a fairly accurate max speed based on your address. Eircom have told me the max speed for me is 43mb.

You can be up to about 300 meters away or so to get 100 Mb

Line length (Max) Downstream** Mbps Upstream** Mbps
    300m 100 20
    450m 90 20

You can check what speed you will get online

https://www.eircom.net/broadband/productDetails?id=bu_23

Enter your phoneline details (Click "Check Availability")

Then on next page click
    "Discover the maximum speed you will experience in your home"

This will show you what your line prequals for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Dcully wrote: »
    Still nothing here in Monasterevin, cabs installed a few months now.
    Check the wholesale site, some cabs going live in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Oooh! Suddenly today it does!
    Your line can support

Our fastest speed - up to 100Mb!
    Check line again
    Yesterday it just said "24 Mbps or as much as your line can support" - probably meaning NG - so maybe they have finally connected it. Ok - i will give them a few days to see if they call me, then I'll call them. I want the free upgrade they promised without having to sign up for a further 18 months. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

jd wrote: »

300m 100 20
    450m 90 20

Enter your phonreline details (Click "Check Availability")

Then on next page click

Many thanks for the link.
    For me this is coming back at 15Mb which is probably a little lower than I was expecting(im between 1-1.5 miles from exchange and believe I'm wired direct to it and getting ~6Mbps currently on a non ngb exchange)

A fibre cabinet has just gone in about 30m from me. I'm not sure whether I could request to have my lined moved to it or if I order a new line would it be wired through the local cab/fib cab.
    I'd have an excellent chance of getting 100mb on it if I was on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

JackieChan wrote: »
    Many thanks for the link.
    For me this is coming back at 15mb which is probably a little lower than I was expecting(im between 1-1.5 miles from exchange and believe I'm wired direct to it and getting ~6mb/s currently on a non ngb exchange)

A fibre cabinet has just gone in about 30m from me. I'm not sure whether I could request to have my lined moved to it or if I order a new line would it be wired through the local cab/fib cab.
    I'd have an excellent chance of getting 100mb on it if I was on it.

Be careful, when I checked my line a while ago it gave me what I could get on an ADSL line (4 Mb/s). Now that my local cab has "gone live", it comes back with 70 Mb/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

new vdsl cabinet gone in today on the carrigane road in carrigtwohill, cork.

how long does it generally take them to fully commission the cabs once they are in situ?

• Advertisement

BArra wrote: »
    new vdsl cabinet gone in today on the carrigane road in carrigtwohill, cork.

how long does it generally take them to fully commission the cabs once they are in situ?

In my case, cab went in end of February, will now be launching July 30th. And they were still constantly working on it up to about two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

5 months!! :eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

300 mtrs is probably about right for ~100 but not an exact science.

I checked a customers new eircom install yesterday.
    Exactly 357 mtrs from the cab & syncing at 71.5 down/20 up.

Another Vodafone connection less than 50mtrs from the cab is syncing at 92 down/20 up.
    jd wrote: »

300m 100 20
    450m 90 20

Enter your phoneline details (Click "Check Availability")

Then on next page click

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

BArra wrote: »
    5 months!! :eek::mad:

The cab beside me went in 2 and a half months ago and it says it will be live summer 2014.

UPDATE: Installation will not be this week. Due to the fact that I had not received a confirmation call or email I checked with Eircom today as to the status of the order - for which an engineer is meant to arrive tomorrow.

Apparently they have no record of the order at all. So the guy that sat in my kitchen typing all of my details into his tablet computer was just wasting my time.

Perhaps it's time to talk to Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

UPDATE: Installation will not be this week. Due to the fact that I had not received a confirmation call or email I checked with Eircom today as to the status of the order - for which an engineer is meant to arrive tomorrow.

Apparently they have no record of the order at all. So the guy that sat in my kitchen typing all of my details into his tablet computer was just wasting my time.

Yes do talk to Vodafone. As Eircom seem not to have received your order then they can sod off. Anyway Vodafone offer better and cheaper deals than Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I've said it here before and I'll say it again now......

Never order anything from door to door utility reps.
    It will almost always end up with a f*ck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jowkon

kaizersoze wrote: »
    I've said it here before and I'll say it again now......

Never order anything from door to door utility reps.
    It will almost always end up with a f*ck up.

I would put it differently: Never order anything from Eircom!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 oneilj29

Where are you guys getting the estimate dates for roll out from. I can't seem to find them anywhere. Cabinet is gone in a while now so I am wondering when it is we can expect to be connected ?

• Advertisement

oneilj29 wrote: »
    Where are you guys getting the estimate dates for roll out from. I can't seem to find them anywhere. Cabinet is gone in a while now so I am wondering when it is we can expect to be connected ?

Click "NGA Fibre Broadband Network".

Advertisement