Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study of Radicalisation - 26 Irish Jihadis Fought in Syria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭SeanW

Note the use of the word Jihadis, why not say freedom fighters? There is no evidence that these individuals were indeed fighting a Jihad, merely that they were oppossing a tyrant.
    Yet another xenophobic and scaremongering thread by the usual suspect!
    Ok, here's a question for you Nodin etc.

If it were the case that these people are fighting to install a theocracy in Syria, would that be a matter of concern to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Salon is a far left tabloid. You wouldnt accept right wing sites as a legitimate source, dont expect me to do likewise. The Washington Times only printed the article yesterday. Until they retract it, or you present credible evidence to the table - I proport [/B]it to be legit.

Whats your opinion on the topic at hand btw?

Wayne , see this word I've highlighted , what's it mean ?
    I,ve never heard of it before , is it like "the Simpsons " words "embiggens " and "cromulent".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

SeanW wrote: »
    Ok, here's a question for you Nodin etc.

If it were the case that these people are fighting to install a theocracy in Syria, would that be a matter of concern to you?

It would be a bad thing to do, yes. If we were invaded by aliens who wanted to anally probe us, that would be bad too. Isn't speculation fun?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Nodin wrote: »
    It would be a bad thing to do, yes. If we were invaded by aliens who wanted to anally probe us, that would be bad too. Isn't speculation fun?

Should we allow these terrorists back into our nation? If a group of Irish emigrants to America came home to take part in the troubles, America would have refused them readmission. We should do likewise. Most of them aint even Syrian ffs!

Should we allow these terrorists back into our nation?!

Who said they were "terrorists"?
    If a group of Irish emigrants to America came home to take part in the troubles, America would have refused them readmission

Really?
    http://www.nytimes.com/1997/09/10/nyregion/us-suspends-deportation-in-ira-cases.html

Going on that, I wouldn't put money on it.

I keep answering you, but you seem to have trouble answering me....

Why would the two sites retract it?

How could it be true when it contradicts Sunni beliefs?

Why don't you criticise those who joined the Brit and US armies?

Why do you mantain the Irish are jihadis when theres no proof this is the case?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How many of them were really Israelis with fake Irish passports ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭opinionated3

oh great....another thread in after hours gets turned into an excuse to spill more anti Israel, anti America bile. pathetic....

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭schnitzelEater

Presumably we aren't letting these lads back into the country if they try to return?

It's very worrying that a lot of them aren't even Syrian.

Presumably we aren't letting these lads back into the country if they try to return?

dude, there are quite a few posters on this forum who will probably be at the airport to form a welcome party, complete with Palestinian, Syrian flags etc

• Advertisement

dude, there are quite a few posters on this forum who will probably be at the airport to form a welcome party, complete with Palestinian, Syrian flags etc

You're probably right. I wonder if any of our 'Swampies' have made the trip yet.

Won't be long before they'll be banning drinking and cutting thiefs hands off here too.

You're probably right. I wonder if any of our 'Swampies' have made the trip yet.

Won't be long before they'll be banning drinking and cutting thiefs hands off here too.

Whats a "swampie"?

They will be hosted as heroes on The Late Late show. Again.

They will be hosted as heroes on The Late Late show. Again.

There you are wayne. Here's a few questions you may have missed....

Why would the two sites the story?

We should do what the US does - lock them up for committing treason.

Or give them the option of deportation if they agree to renounce all ties to this country, return all irish passports / permits or other related documentation and vow never to set foot on our soil ever again.

We would of course finger print them and add them to the deny entry lists etc.

We should do what the US does - lock them up for committing treason.

.....they've committed treason against the Irish state? How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I agree, Nodin. I have seen you trying to get these questions answered throughout even the last page of the thread, more than once, and I would like to see Wayne answer.

Repeat of the Mujahideen. There is no legitimate reason for a Libyan to fight in Syria.

Repeat of the Mujahideen. There is no legitimate reason for a Libyan to fight in Syria.

Theres no "legitimate" reason for an Irishman to join the US, Brit or Australian armed forces. Does that bother you as well?

Whats a "swampie"?

How have these people committed "treason" against the Irish state?

The Brits and Americans are irrelevant to this topic. Start up a thread on them if you wish.

The two sites are sister websites and are both left wing tabloids. Their weekly circulation is 10, 000 copies. Id take their claims with a pinch of salt.

Il stick witt the Washington Times and their articles, that prides itself on its tagline - the paper of record.

Because that is what they are - jihadis, terrorists, islamic extremists and hopely persons non grata.

• Advertisement

The Brits and Americans are irrelevant to this topic. Start up a thread on them if you wish..

.....They are, but the Irish who have left here to join their armies aren't. You're showing a double standard there. Why?
    The two sites are sister websites and are both left wing tabloids. Their weekly circulation is 10, 000 copies. Id take their claims with a pinch of salt...

A nonsense. Circulation is no guide to veracity. The national enquirer sells around a million, the Sun around 7.

Big font there, as you seem to have missed it.
    Because that is what they are.

Try harder there wayne. You've offered no proof those 26 are jihadists.

.....They are, but the Irish who have left here to join their armies aren't. You're showing a double standard there. Why?

A nonsense. Circulation is no guide to veracity. The national enquirer sells around a million, the Sun around 7.

Big font there, as you seem to have missed it.

Try harder there wayne. You've offered no proof those 26 are jihadists.

People contradict their religous beliefs everyday. But I suppose, for someone who believes a left wing tabloid over a respectable top selling broadsheet in America - this may be a startling revelation.

What would you call a group of Libyan veterans who took part in the Syrian conflict? Jihadis.

Anyone know anything about these f*cks?

http://islamicvanguards.com/?p=487

What would you call a group of Libyan veterans who took part in the Syrian conflict? Jihadis.

Volunteers, idealists, pan arabists.......I don't know why they've gone. Its you that seems driven to label these people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Airitech

"Spearheading Ireland's transformation"

Save yourselves the hassle lads. Just get on a plane to Saudi Arabia and you will find a country that is already transformed into the paradise you desire.

I'll take a wild guess that they're some bunch you'll use to further your muslim bashing agenda.

I'll take a wild guess that they're some bunch you'll use to further your muslim bashing agenda.

We have what, 40, 000 muslims resident here?

Largest number of syrian combatants, per capita, from the EU.

Mad websites like the above.

Doesnt bode well for the future. We have had enough religous strife in this country, ta very much.

a large percentage of Muslims bring that on themselves nodin. No denying that. from issuing fatwas to flying innocent passengers into towers filled with innocent people they kinda have a bad rep. not all of them.......but quite a large amount.

We have what, 40, 000 muslims resident here?

Largest number of syrian combatants, per capita, from the EU.

Mad websites like the above.

Doesnt bode well for the future. We have had enough religous strife in this country, ta very much.

Funny enough, the main contributor to strife seems to be the kind of fear mongering crap you come out with.

• Advertisement

Funny enough, the main contributor to strife seems to be the kind of fear mongering crap you come out with.

Yup. Its never their fault - even though major issues arise wherever they go, even in small numbers.

Blame it all on the conservatives.

Advertisement