Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study of Radicalisation - 26 Irish Jihadis Fought in Syria

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭SeanW

old hippy wrote: »
    Not on boards.ie, it sometimes seems
    Well, according to you, Islam, or Salafism, is a race (and a race of very diverse ethnicities it must be said) but I digress.

If someone opposes teaching children that Jews were cursed by God and that homosexuals and apostates should be killed, not to mention the rest of Sharia law with amputations and all the rest of it, that makes them a racist. And if one in turn is not happy that Jewish schools and synagogues have to be built like fortresses because of the above, that makes the person concerned a racist, in the eyes of the multi-culti left, who would prefer that such issues remain swept under the carpet.

If someone has a problem with people who come to a country, yet passionately despie their host country and teach their children to do so as well (as large sections of the Turkish community in Germany seem to) that makes them racist ... racist against an ideology. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

SeanW wrote: »
    Well, according to you, Islam, or Salafism, is a race (and a race of very diverse ethnicities it must be said) but I digress.

If someone opposes teaching children that Jews were cursed by God and that homosexuals and apostates should be killed, not to mention the rest of Sharia law with amputations and all the rest of it, that makes them a racist. And if one in turn is not happy that Jewish schools and synagogues have to be built like fortresses because of the above, that makes the person concerned a racist, in the eyes of the multi-culti left, who would prefer that such issues remain swept under the carpet.

If someone has a problem with people who come to a country, yet passionately despie their host country and teach their children to do so as well (as large sections of the Turkish community in Germany seem to) that makes them racist ... racist against an ideology. :rolleyes:

Where did I say Islam is a race? :confused:

The kind of vitriol dished out here to Muslims on a daily basis is akin to the kind of blind hatreds we see in racism, sure but I didn't say Islam is a race.

I don't know who the multi culti left is or the pc brigades. I just know that hatred and extremism is wrong, regardless of who it originates from.

Yes, Islam is very diverse indeed, as you point out. With that important fact in mind, it would be very foolish to tar all Muslims with the same brush, no?

Where did I say Islam is a race? confused.png

Yes, Islam is very diverse indeed, as you point out. With that important fact in mind, it would be very foolish to tar all Muslims with the same brush, no?
    I can answer that very bluntly: I have no problem with a normal person who just happens to be a Muslim and prays 5 times a day.
    The kind of vitriol dished out here to Muslims on a daily basis is akin to the kind of blind hatreds we see in racism, sure but I didn't say Islam is a race.
    Your post, a response to mine, seemed to imply that you consider me a racist - I took it that you were calling me a racist, which by definition would require Islam, or more specifically, Radical Islam to be a race.
    I don't know who the multi culti left is or the pc brigades. I just know that hatred and extremism is wrong, regardless of who it originates from.
    Nodin would be a textbook example of a multicultural-leftist. Saudi schools in the West teaching Wahhabism? 'Meh'
    Large scale demonstrations calling for critics of Islam to be murdered and warning Europeans that they will drown us in our own blood? 'Big deal, a bunch of people holding signs'
    Islamofascist demands Ireland change its marriage laws (allow polygamy) to facilitate the Islamic Vanguards? 'Sure, why not'.

And finally
    Nodin wrote:
    When they have nuclear carriers, troops and ICBM capability I'll worry.
    Despite the fact that it's been proven that all they need is one brainwashed demented pyschopath with a backpack bomb when the intention is to kill 'infidels.'

Hmm. It seems you and Nodin need to talk things through. I can't answer for him as my brand of wishy washy pink wristed bleeding heart liberalism is obviously different from his brand :D

All it takes is for one misguided, brainwashed individual to set off a backpack, yes. And then what? Besides the initial carnage?

Despite the backlash against ordinary Muslims and the debacle with Jean Charles de Menezies - the terrorists didn't achieve anything.

Londoners of all walks of life remained strong. In fact, there was a feeling of unity in the wake of the attacks that's just too difficult to describe unless you were here. That very evening, myself and a friend (she's Muslim) went for a drink and to see a film. I then met many people at my then local, again, from all walks of life - and the mood was buoyant (without being disrespectful) and not defeatist, vengeful or scaremongering.

It affected millions of Londoners but not all in a negative way.

Nobody wishes for extremism - be it from fanatics like the terrorists or opportunists like the BNP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

There was a very old cartoon show...sort of simpsons-esque...where one of the neighbours was convinced "they" were coming any day. With Tunnels.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    There was a very old cartoon show...sort of simpsons-esque...where one of the neighbours was convinced "they" were coming any day. With Tunnels.

It's either Hanna Barbera's "Wait til Your Father Get's Home" or some of the wargasm addicts on the NK thread...

It's either Hanna Barbera's "Wait til Your Father Get's Home" or some of the wargasm addicts on the NK thread...

Thats the man. I barely remember the rest of them, but I always remember yer man. Hilarious I thought he was.

Thats the man. I barely remember the rest of them, but I always remember yer man. Hilarious I thought he was.

Who'd have thought he'd replicate himself a hundredfold on boards.ie?

The joke never wears thin, no matter how many times you hear it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Hmm. It seems you and Nodin need to talk things through. I can't answer for him as my brand of wishy washy pink wristed bleeding heart liberalism is obviously different from his brand :D

All it takes is for one misguided, brainwashed individual to set off a backpack, yes. And then what? Besides the initial carnage?

Despite the backlash against ordinary Muslims and the debacle with Jean Charles de Menezies - the terrorists didn't achieve anything.

Londoners of all walks of life remained strong. In fact, there was a feeling of unity in the wake of the attacks that's just too difficult to describe unless you were here. That very evening, myself and a friend (she's Muslim) went for a drink and to see a film. I then met many people at my then local, again, from all walks of life - and the mood was buoyant (without being disrespectful) and not defeatist, vengeful or scaremongering.

It affected millions of Londoners but not all in a negative way.

Nobody wishes for extremism - be it from fanatics like the terrorists or opportunists like the BNP.

Nearly one in four British muslims believe that seven/seven was justified.

So much for uniting everyone, eh?

Nearly one in four British muslims believe that seven/seven was justified.

So much for uniting everyone, eh?

Did you poll them all, yourself, Wayne? You do get about, don't you?

Anyways, what do you care of London and its people ? Told me yourself you think it's "a kip"...

• Advertisement

Did you poll them all, yourself, Wayne? You do get about, don't you?

Anyways, what do you care of London and its people ? Told me yourself you think it's "a kip"...

Irish society tends to ape British society, albeit, at a slower pace. Problems the British encounter, will be ones we eventually do too. The whole multiculti and Islam lark seems to be causing a lot of issues in Britain at present. Only a matter of time before Ireland faces similar.

If a seven/seven type attack happens here, that would be most terrible.

As for the poll - http://m.scotsman.com/news/uk/7-7-bombings-justified-say-a-quarter-of-british-muslims-1-994602

Irish society tends to ape British society, albeit, at a slower pace. Problems the British encounter, will be ones we eventually do too. The whole multiculti and Islam lark seems to be causing a lot of issues in Britain at present. Only a matter of time before Ireland faces similar.

As for the poll - http://m.scotsman.com/news/uk/7-7-bombings-justified-say-a-quarter-of-british-muslims-1-994602

There are issues, true. In the main, they are caused by extremists. Both are in a minority, though. The Islamists (not your ordinary Muslim folk) and the BNP (not your ordinary British folk).

I'm sure you understand the dangers of extremism, Wayne.

Still curious why you use the UK - a foreign country - as a basis for your arguments. According to you, buddy, I'm not Irish because I don't live in Ireland anymore - you discount my input here but are happy to take dubious polls from the UK.

The only problems I see Ireland apeing the UK are far right scaremongers like yourself. The type who bring a lot of disharmony to our wonderful and inclusive country.

Why do you hate Ireland so much, buddy?:(

I'm sure you understand the dangers of extremism, Wayne.

Still curious why you use the UK - a foreign country - as a basis for your arguments. According to you, buddy, I'm not Irish because I don't live in Ireland anymore - you discount my input here but are happy to take dubious polls from the UK.

The only problems I see Ireland apeing the UK are far right scaremongers like yourself. The type who bring a lot of disharmony to our wonderful and inclusive country.

Why do you hate Ireland so much, buddy?:(

I told you why I used the U.K. as an example.

I told you that you are half Irish, half American.

The polls come from reliable sources.

Hate Ireland!?

Tis madder that you are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

I'd no idea speaking out against NATO backed Islamist fascists made you a bigot or right-wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

It would be interesting to see the demographic of those polled , how many were polled and a more up to date example.

I told you why I used the U.K. as an example.

I told you that you are half Irish, half American.

The polls come from reliable sources.

Hate Ireland!?

Tis madder that you are getting.

But buddy, you harrass Irish citizens on the way to prayer. You refuse to recognise Irish citizens (myself included) because one of our parents is not Irish. You dismiss Irish citizens as chancers and scroungers when they make the brave move to Ireland. You appear on every similar thread, disregarding and denigrating thousands of honest Irish people. You are an appalling advert for our wonderful diverse country with your scaremongering and bigotry. Quite frankly, buddy, if I was a patriot - I'd have you down as some kind of traitor. Sullying our nation's image.

And I'm Irish, buddy. Just like you. I was born and reared in the country. I have but the one passport. Deal with it.

Yes, there is that extreme. I would argue that you are at the other extreme end. I.E. when you stick your head in the sand, it could pop in to one of those tunnels and you'd still be like "I can't see anything wrong here." The trick (for sane people at least) is to find the logical midpoint.
    Who'd have thought he'd replicate himself a hundredfold on boards.ie?
    Again, who are you referring to here?

But buddy, you harrass Irish citizens on the way to prayer. You refuse to recognise Irish citizens (myself included) because one of our parents is not Irish. You dismiss Irish citizens as chancers and scroungers when they make the brave move to Ireland. You appear on every similar thread, disregarding and denigrating thousands of honest Irish people. You are an appalling advert for our wonderful diverse country with your scaremongering and bigotry. Quite frankly, buddy, if I was a patriot - I'd have you down as some kind of traitor. Sullying our nation's image.

And I'm Irish, buddy. Just like you. I was born and reared in the country. I have but the one passport. Deal with it.

Irish citizenship means sfa. A lad in Alabama whose gran was Irish, but who has never set foot on Irish soil - is as Irish(legally)as me. A lad who was born and raised in country xxxxx, but lived here for five years - is as Irish(legally)as me.

Such bs. You cannot become polish, irish, danish or any other european ethnicity. We are not new world countries were the natives were displaced, replaced and obliterated. We are the natives.

Citizenship is just a piece of paper, albeit, an important piece of paper.

Irish citizenship means sfa. A lad in Alabama whose gran was Irish, but who has never set foot on Irish soil - is as Irish(legally)as me. A lad who was born and raised in country xxxxx, but lived here for five years - is as Irish(legally)as me.

Such bs. You cannot become polish, irish, danish or any other european ethnicity. We are not new world countries were the natives were displaced, replaced and obliterated. We are the natives. And we are far from obliterated. Displacement is occuring, as is replacement.

Citizenship is just a piece of paper, albeit, an important piece of paper.

Get used to Ireland of the 21st century, Wayne. A reed that doesn't bend in the wind - breaks.

Now, when are you going to apologise and admit I'm as Irish as you are? Go on, buddy. You'll feel all good about it.

Now, when are you going to apologise and admit I'm as Irish as you are? Go on, buddy. You'll feel all good about it.

Never!

How do the native Americans, the people your great, great grandparents displaced and murdered, feel about multiculturalism? :)

• Advertisement

Never!

How do the native Americans, the people your great, great grandparents displaced and murdered, feel about multiculturalism? :)

I see you've lost yet another argument, buddy. At least you haven't managed to get the thread locked like all the others you appear on.

What has radicalisation got to do with your tactics; why do you harrass Irish people going to prayer and why do you refuse to recognise Irish people as Irish, simply because they might not possess the DNA you require?

Aren't you the very extremist, close minded, dangerous bogieman that you so fear and despise?

How about it, buddy traitor? What good are you doing to our country?

You seem to be a subversive, out to undermine our society. Isn't it time you had a word with the proper authorities and got yourself deported?

Never!

You seem to be confusing multi-culturalism with colonialism.

Advertisement