Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study of Radicalisation - 26 Irish Jihadis Fought in Syria

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Just did some research.
    Here you are.
    Islamic States with sharia law are Islamic theocracies.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy#Islamic_states_or_Islamic_theocracies
    It says "Islamic states or Islamic theorcacies" ffs. Iran has an elite of clerics that have ultimate authority. An Islamic state has used islamic jurisprudence as the basis of its legal system.
    I'm curious why you solely singled out only Iran. Ulterior motive?

Pick what suits ye
    (a)Iran has an elite of clerics that have ultimate authority.
    (b)I am a pawn of the NWO.

SeanW wrote: »
    Which I clearly annotated as the vibe you give off, not your actual statements...

Which is what '..' is for, not the quote function or "...". I don't think this is the first time I've taken you up on doing it either.
    Well, you can add Saudi Arabia for a start..

Monarchy.
    Egypt elected the Muslim Brotherhood so theres another.

An islamic party/grouping. They aren't imams, so even if it became a dictatorship, it couldn't be so classed. Should they change the law enough, it might be classed an Islamic state.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭SeanW

Nodin wrote: »
    Pick what suits ye
    (c) You're trying to "do down" Islamic extremism ... as usual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

There is a radio documentary on Waterfords Jihad Jane on RTE radio 1 now for anyone who is interested.

Which is what '..' is for, not the quote function or "...". I don't think this is the first time I've taken you up on doing it either.
    You can "take me up on it" all you like if you want but I doubt you can refute the claims. Mostly because your own posting history would belie you if you did.
    Monarchy.
    The most barbaric interpretation of Islamic law is at the centre of that kingdoms constitution and body of law. It is, at minimum, an Islamic state.

• Advertisement

There is a radio documentary on Waterfords Jihad Jane on RTE radio 1 now for anyone who is interested.

I'd recommend it for an insight on the difference between reality and hysteria.

You can "take me up on it" all you like if you want but I doubt you can refute the claims. Mostly because your own posting history would belie you if you did.

It's a personal jibe aimed at deriding the opponent. Refuting it would be therefore impossible. The normal response would put me in breach of the charter, unfortunately.

It's a personal jibe aimed at deriding the opponent. Refuting it would be therefore impossible.
    You could, if I was wrong. But any time the question of the rise of Islam in Europe and Islamic extremism in Europe or in general is raised, you (and others, to be fair) either say nothing or glibly dismiss it as no reason for concern.

Islamists in Europe/Australia etc demonstrate calling for blashphemers, prophet-drawers etc to be executed?
    'Meh, people holding signs, big deal'
    Proof the Saudi Arabia is active in spreading Wahabbism among school children? You say nothing, but thank posts whose general theme is 'and this is news?'
    Islamofascist headcase signs up to boards to condemn a blashphemer and say he's lucky not to be killed, oh BTW could Ireland please allow polygamous marriage to facilitate me and my whackjob friends?
    'Sure, why not?'
    The normal response would put me in breach of the charter, unfortunately.
    Because you don't actually have a logical response, and your far-left multi-cultural view means that my "quotes" are (as far as I know) an accurate representation of your view.

You could, if I was wrong. But any time the question of the rise of Islam in Europe and Islamic extremism in Europe or in general is raised, you (and others, to be fair) either say nothing or glibly dismiss it as no reason for concern..

Yep. When they have nuclear carriers, troops and ICBM capability I'll worry.
    Because you don't actually have a logical response, and your far-left multi-cultural view means that my "quotes" are (as far as I know) an accurate representation of your view.

No, its just a personal jibe. If you want to represent my views, just quote what I actually say.

Yep. When they have nuclear carriers, troops and ICBM capability I'll worry.
    Aparently, you've never heard of the fifth column. An enemy within can be radically more dangerous than an external enemy, just ask the civilians slaughtered in the name of Islam on 9/11, 7/7, the Mardid trian bombings, Theo Van Gogh, the Jews in Tolouse etc.

So can you wonder then, that most sane people might have a different view and find yours puzzling to say the least.
    No, its just a personal jibe. If you want to represent my views, just quote what I actually say.
    It doesn't matter. If I was wrong, you would be able to demolish my "quotes" methodically, piece by piece.

• Advertisement

Aparently, you've never heard of the fifth column. ............

Yep. Its trotted out against Jews, communists, catholics, protestants. Ugly stuff.

Yep. Its trotted out against Jews, communists, catholics, protestants. Ugly stuff.
    That doesn't mean its automatically wrong. Your quote is also a prime example of "whataboutery" something you don't like people doing when it come to Israel. Yet you do it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

It says "Islamic states or Islamic theorcacies" ffs. Iran has an elite of clerics that have ultimate authority. An Islamic state has used islamic jurisprudence as the basis of its legal system.

Pick what suits ye
    Read the link properly and the first line in particular.
    A State with Sharia Law is a theocracy.

Read the link properly and the first line in particular.
    A State with Sharia Law is a theocracy.

I'm afraid not.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theocracy

That doesn't mean its automatically wrong. ....

Yet it is here. Hysterical exaggeration, fear mongering nonsense.

Yet it is here. Hysterical exaggeration, fear mongering nonsense.
    Prove it.

You just proved me right with that link.
    1God's laws being interpreted by the Ecclesiastical authorites
    Thats Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Mauritania, and any country that holds Sharia Law as the paramount law.

You just proved me right with that link.
    1God's laws being interpreted by the Ecclesiastical authorites
    Thats Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Mauritania, and any country that holds Sharia Law as the paramount law.

I've bolded the important bit eg Iran's govenment is subject to the authority of the Ayahtolllah, imams etc.

I've bolded the important bit eg Iran's govenment is subject to the authority of the Ayahtolllah, imams etc.
    Put "Saudi Arabia theocracy" into the google search.
    I'm not wasting my time in circular arguments.

Put "Saudi Arabia theocracy" into the google search.
    I'm not wasting my time in circular arguments.

The Saudi monarchy is not answerable to a higher body of clerics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Islamists in Europe/Australia etc demonstrate calling for blashphemers, prophet-drawers etc to be executed?
    'Meh, people holding signs, big deal'
    Proof the Saudi Arabia is active in spreading Wahabbism among school children? You say nothing, but thank posts whose general theme is 'and this is news?'
    Islamofascist headcase signs up to boards to condemn a blashphemer and say he's lucky not to be killed, oh BTW could Ireland please allow polygamous marriage to facilitate me and my whackjob friends?
    'Sure, why not?'

Violent Islam is definitely on the rise in the last two decades, there is no denying this.

We have played our part, but I think it's worth pointing out that before the Arab Spring things were very black and white, to quote George W, "you're either with us or against us".

Now it's a shade of grey and many are realising we have a common desire for equality and democracy.

In Libya, you had SAS literally working with former militants from Dernah, who were previously pouring across the border to fight the Brits in Basra.

Most Muslims don't give a damn for shariah law living abroad, but the minority that do definitely get all the column inches.

If some fella wants to go fight for his Sunni brothers or fight for the freedom of his country.. off he goes.. it's not like we're ones to talk.

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Violent Islam is definitely on the rise in the last two decades, there is no denying this.
    Unless you're a multicultural leftist, in which case you stick your head in the sand (or somewhere less polite :rolleyes: ) and say "I can't see a problem from here" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Unless you're a multicultural leftist, in which case you stick your head in the sand (or somewhere less polite :rolleyes: ) and say "I can't see a problem from here" :rolleyes:

Unless you are a right wing racist rabble rouser who sees conspiracies everywhere and needs a new enemy now that the Cold War is over:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Jonny7 wrote: »

Now it's a shade of grey and many are realising we have a common desire for equality and democracy.

In Libya, you had SAS literally working with former militants from Dernah, who were previously pouring across the border to fight the Brits in Basra.

Most Muslims don't give a damn for shariah law living abroad, but the minority that do definitely get all the column inches.

If some fella wants to go fight for his Sunni brothers or fight for the freedom of his country.. off he goes.. it's not like we're ones to talk.

It could equally be suggested that "Most Muslims" definitely should give a damn about how their religion is being actively used by "the minority" to pursue a destructive and domineering crusade against those deemed to be it's enemies.

Perhaps,when that muslim "fella" brings his conflict,and his AK47,to conflict with his Sunni brothers at the gates of an Irish Mosque we will regard the thing differently ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    It could equally be suggested that "Most Muslims" definitely should give a damn about how their religion is being actively used by "the minority" to pursue a destructive and domineering crusade against those deemed to be it's enemies.

Perhaps,when that muslim "fella" brings his conflict,and his AK47,to conflict with his Sunni brothers at the gates of an Irish Mosque we will regard the thing differently ?

"if" you mean.

"if" you mean.

If they just have AK47s? But you just admitted that you wouldn't be concerned until the Islamists have:
    nuclear carriers, troops and ICBM capability I'll worry.
    Doesn't seem to me like it matter to you "if" or either way ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

AlekSmart wrote: »

Oh you wish, don't you? Then all of you and your scaremongering brethern can point the finger and say "I told you so"...

Why should an Irish person, who happens to be Muslim, give a damn what a Saudi/Syrian/Afghan are planning thousands of miles away? I mean, great and conscientious if they do - but it's like should Irish people or people of Irish heritage thousands of miles away from home be giving a damn what some fringe nutters in NI/6 counties are plotting in the name of Ireland?

Re-education camp!?

Not wanting this cult spreading in my country does not equate with hatred, buddy.

Because your cult of hatred is more valid? I think not.

Unless you are a right wing racist rabble rouser who sees conspiracies everywhere and needs a new enemy now that the Cold War is over:rolleyes:
    Or a hard-left multiuculturalist who sees racists everywhere and needs a new enemy now that institutional/large scale racism has thankfully been consigned to history.

• Advertisement

Or a hard-left multiuculturalist who sees racists everywhere and needs a new enemy now that institutional/large scale racism has thankfully been consigned to history.

Not on boards.ie, it sometimes seems

Advertisement