Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Dates and times are out. Best of luck to everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

On the 30th. Reg at 8:30am what a killer for a night owl!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 igor83

Got my invitation. Do we need the printout of the Driving Licence at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nickynikki

I would say yes you do need the driving licence with you to sit the aptitude tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭sjb25

igor83 wrote: »
    Got my invitation. Do we need the printout of the Driving Licence at this stage?

A Photocopy yes and the original also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 igor83

Nickynikki wrote: »
    I would say yes you do need the driving licence with you to sit the aptitude tests.

I meant Driving Licence Printout stating whether or not you currently have any endorsements on your Licence and are in receipt of penalty points, from the Body who issued your Licence.
    I am almost positive that this is needed only for interview, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

do we need to confirm our attendance , or dowe just sshow up ?

igor83 wrote: »
    I meant Driving Licence Printout stating whether or not you currently have any endorsements on your Licence and are in receipt of penalty points, from the Body who issued your Licence.
    I am almost positive that this is needed only for interview, but...

That's for interview

McCoy wrote: »
    You need to confirm your attendance

You need to confirm by email to the address on the message on public jobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mayocyclist

Hey guys..i have not recieved anything back since i applied...just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? Any no.s i can ring?

Hey guys..i have not recieved anything back since i applied...just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? Any no.s i can ring?
    You should of received a confirmation email when you applied its an automated response.

You should ring public appointment service the number is in the candidate booklet

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Not trying to sound funny, but I assume you have checked your public jobs account? not everyone did receive an automated acknowledgement email when submitting their initial application. If you have I'd get on to them ASAP, everyone that applied, and were successful, got an invite to the assessment tests. Hopefully it's something simple!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

So how relevant is age to this recruitment campaign??
    I know the official line is there is no upper age limit, but from previous campaigns, what was the age profile like of successful candidates on beginning training?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

So how relevant is age to this recruitment campaign??
    I know the official line is there is no upper age limit, but from previous campaigns, what was the age profile like of successful candidates on beginning training?

From age early twenties through to aged in their forties.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Can anyone tell me what the salary is starting out and what the increments are and how often you receive them?

I believe starting salary is now in the range of 25k?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

Elessar wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the salary is starting out and what the increments are and how often you receive them?

Aren't these issues addressed in the application documents?

Increments don't start until you are qualified - approx 2 years after your start date, they are then every year.......unless the government legislates otherwise.

Elessar wrote: »

All in candidate booklet if you have it I have it saved my laptop from the booklet : "The Salary for Student Paramedic (6453) For Existing HSE Employees 28,275 For New Entrants Salary Scale @ 01/01/2011): 25,447 Shift and weekend premia payments also apply" as far as I know you stay on this for two years of training then go on increments I could be wrong but that's what i have been told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 EMT87

Wineport wrote: »
    Hey Folks, the "company" that's been mentioned here and there in this thread is quite good. I've availed of their services in the past. Hopefully it's ok for me to say that seeing as I'm not mentioning any names.
    Hey EMT87, sent a Pm about the interview guy in Galway, just wondering if you got it and if you could pass along his info whenever you have time. Thanks very much and the very best of luck to everyone who's applied.

Hi Wineport, not sure how to send a PM, only know how to reply so copy and paste message in a PM me and will sort you out.. ;)

• Advertisement

would love to know how many will be doing the tests next week, any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭adam88

would love to know how many will be doing the tests next week, any ideas ?

986. Don't ask me how I know. Cause I can't tell you cause I'm meant to know. But it's def 986

adam88 wrote: »
    986. Don't ask me how I know. Cause I can't tell you cause I'm meant to know. But it's def 986

really ??? I won't ask you how you know.... but .... how do you know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The2minator

did anyone do the course today in dublin on apptitute what you think is it worth it???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭adam88

Ill tell you how I know but I can't tell you how I know

did anyone do the course today in dublin on apptitute what you think is it worth it???

I'm doing the cork one on saturday, I've heard they're supposed to be really helpful anyway,
    has anybody heard any possible dates for when the nas/hse will be starting a class from this(new) panel yet ?

adam88 wrote: »
    Ill tell you how I know but I can't tell you how I know

that's good enough for me ha....

If he told you he would have to kill you!! :)

I did it was very good I feel it was worth it for me anyway would not be the best at apptiude test but I feel a lot more confident now about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

has anybody heard any possible dates for when the nas/hse will be starting a class from this(new) panel yet ?

August.

Advertisement