Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gawley

anybody have some links on where to practice that apptitude test. They are using diagram sequence tests, not too many available online

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

BX 19 wrote: »
    August.

really ? that would be great , I know it says the panel goes live in August 9th bit I wasn't expecting them to run a class from it til Oct or Nov , what makes you say August ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭sjb25

McCoy wrote: »
    really ? that would be great , I know it says the panel goes live in August 9th bit I wasn't expecting them to run a class from it til Oct or Nov , what makes you say August ?

I would of tought the same by time medicals etc are completed altough would be great of it was

sjb25 wrote: »
    I would of tought the same by time medicals etc are completed altough would be great of it was

from what I hear the last batch from previous panel has nearly finished their training so this next panel will be started quiet soon. They are starting to run short as there are alot of retirements coming up. They are running short of cover in some areas. I have heard of people having to cover outside of their area(midlands into West and such), which is very unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Ahh sorry, I though you were asking when the panel went live. I'll ask around when I the classes could possibly start.

• Advertisement

Gawley wrote: »
    from what I hear the last batch from previous panel has nearly finished their training so this next panel will be started quiet soon. They are starting to run short as there are alot of retirements coming up. They are running short of cover in some areas. I have heard of people having to cover outside of their area(midlands into West and such), which is very unusual.

Oh very good hopefully so would be great just got to concentrate on getting a good place on the panel and things could move quiet quickly then...... Wel got to get over aptitude test first obviously :) going a bit mad practicing ha I will be dreaming of triangles etc :)

yeah the aptitude is the first step, hopefully they wont make it too difficult....fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭STANDCLEAR!!!

Lads I wouldnt go estimating when you will get an offer to start training, just remember the current class has been on the panel since 2010. Depending on your order of merit and funding available you can expect a very long wait.........I'm just trying to break the ice for you guys! :-)

Lads I wouldnt go estimating when you will get an offer to start training, just remember the current class has been on the panel since 2010. Depending on your order of merit and funding available you can expect a very long wait.........I'm just trying to break the ice for you guys! :-)
    I agree totally with you I am expecting a good long wait if I'm honest what I'm hoping for is a place on the panel I would be ecstatic :) a good placing will be the icing that il be trying for :) and if it started quick another bonus but panel placing is the aim to be honest my main focus is only the aptitude test till after Monday........ But can always live in hope :)

I agree, at some stage there they were going to cancel training for some of last panel which would have delayed it even more. All depends on what resources are available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭stevie06

It takes about 2-3months to start a class from when the offers go out, so realistically first class won't be before Oct.

There is funding allocated in the NAS plan for 2013 so that shouldnt hold things up too much, if they want to follow their plan of 96 paramedics to start traing before 2014 they will have a class ASAP once the panel is live, but there are about 5 people left from the 2010 panel so they will get first refusal.... So if they run a full class ( ie no delegates from outside bodies) then prob top 15 ish will get first class.

stevie06 wrote: »
    It takes about 2-3months to start a class from when the offers go out, so realistically first class won't be before Oct.

There is funding allocated in the NAS plan for 2013 so that shouldnt hold things up too much, if they want to follow their plan of 96 paramedics to start traing before 2014 they will have a class ASAP once the panel is live, but there are about 5 people left from the 2010 panel so they will get first refusal.... So if they run a full class ( ie no delegates from outside bodies) then prob top 15 ish will get first class.

I hope it pans out as easy as that.......those of us that is also on the ico panel knows quite well that these things can go up in the air without notice......and the panel lies dormant.......personally I'd love to see it moving quickly and get the training done, it has been a long journey so far! :-)

Good luck to everybody like me on tommorrow and also the other days :)

good luck everyone

I was in this morning for tests, the only advice I can give is work as quickly as you possibly can... if you don't know one after 15 seconds then just pick one and move on... best of luck to all

I was in this morning for tests, the only advice I can give is work as quickly as you possibly can... if you don't know one after 15 seconds then just pick one and move on... best of luck to all

Was in aswell this morning and this is good advice the time flys in...... Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 10 parakeith12

I was surprised at how fast the time went, I had practised plenty and I had been keeping to a time limit of 25 secs per Q while studying... and when it can to test time... I was so determined to give it my best shot I became slower in answering, so be really strict on yourself in the analytical reasoning.

I was surprised at how fast the time went, I had practised plenty and I had been keeping to a time limit of 25 secs per Q while studying... and when it can to test time... I was so determined to give it my best shot I became slower in answering, so be really strict on yourself in the analytical reasoning.

exactly the same as that, its gonna be a long wait for results for me anyway

It was the verbal I was slow in ended up with not enough time to answer the last question because same as was trying to hard realy the analytical I literally marked the last question when she said stop :) just the long wait now and hope I did enough

yes the time flew in, a long anxious wait now for results

• Advertisement

The verbal reasoning was dumbed down since the 2011 ico selection test, analytical reasoning didn't change. Happy enough but with the shear competition anything can Happen. Good luck on the 17th May guys!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Parafox

When are the tests finished. How do yee feel it went? I thought it was tricky enough, any one else feel the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 herself_there

Parafox wrote: »
    When are the tests finished. How do yee feel it went? I thought it was tricky enough, any one else feel the same?

Agreed! I was fairly confident going in having done the prep day with that company but I found the verbal tough, even though I had enough time for it, and I had to guess the last 3 questions in the analytical due to time.
    It's my own fault with the verbal because I think they are out to trick me in every feckin question!

Ah well, can't really think about it. Just gotta wait and see.

Agreed! I was fairly confident going in having done the prep day with that company but I found the verbal tough, even though I had enough time for it, and I had to guess the last 3 questions in the analytical due to time.
    It's my own fault with the verbal because I think they are out to trick me in every feckin question!

Ah well, can't really think about it. Just gotta wait and see.

I know what you saying. I was the bloody same looking for the catch in every question. You know i'd say theres no catch, but that didn't stop me looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Wineport

Yea, the time element was tricky. Had to guess the last few on the analytical meself. Still done and dusted now and good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 smokie32

Thank god it's done. I thought it went ok, got finished just in time. Last time I done those tests I didn't get finished either set in time. Now for the results!

Spoke to a friend who was on the last session today. Supposed to be 70 taking test. Only 9 turned up. Also girl checking licences told them that over 100 turned away this week for not having correct licence.
    Going by this there will be less than the 1000 originally muted who applied. Odds are getting better for those of us who did sit.
    Good luck to all. Two weeks to find out tick, tock, tick, tock.

Spoke to a friend who was on the last session today. Supposed to be 70 taking test. Only 9 turned up. Also girl checking licences told them that over 100 turned away this week for not having correct licence.
    Going by this there will be less than the 1000 originally muted who applied. Odds are getting better for those of us who did sit.

thats good news , im clutching at straws now like haha

• Registered Users Posts: 49 herself_there

Why the hell did people show up without the correct licence? Over a 100 is a shocking figure. I read that public jobs message loads of times to make sure I didn't miss anything. That's OCD me though...
    I think they were expecting more to show up in our group yesterday because they ended up putting us in with the other group. Only about 35 in the room I'd say

• Advertisement

Why the hell did people show up without the correct licence? Over a 100 is a shocking figure. I read that public jobs message loads of times to make sure I didn't miss anything. That's OCD me though...
    I think they were expecting more to show up in our group yesterday because they ended up putting us in with the other group. Only about 35 in the room I'd say
    It is a very high figure but Supoze could be I was on Monday and there was about 50/60 of us at least but there was about 7/10 of those stickers with the I'd number left on the desk do I assume that means that many didn't get in/show up at my time alone

Advertisement