Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nickynikki

Alot of people would have the attitude 'Ah shur no harm in trying, i'll apply anyway even tho i only have a provisional C, C1 and select yes to Do you have a full C1 licence and then not show up to the test because they know they will be turned away!

I have the full C, C1 and could have applied to see how far i would get, but i know at the moment it's just not possible for me so i wouldn't deny another person of the opportunity for the sake of applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭flazio

One point I'd make about the test, it'd be nice if they gave us a 60 second warning about the end approaching. just missed the very last question in the verbal reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 smokie32

flazio wrote: »
    One point I'd make about the test, it'd be nice if they gave us a 60 second warning about the end approaching. just missed the very last question in the verbal reasoning.

I have to agree, a warning of time near the end would've been very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭sjb25

flazio wrote: »

I would also agree I did the same missed last question in verbal aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

Would be lovely. But then again maybe its an aspect of the test?

• Advertisement

19hz wrote: »
    Would be lovely. But then again maybe its an aspect of the test?

I'd reckon it is to be honest but still :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gawley

I was in the first day there were 15 of us brought down to the bigger room, in it there was only 1 empty chair but there were still 10 desk stickers left behind when we were leaving. So out of 25 to be there in that room there was only 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

There were 28 in my class. Few seats left spare, I'd say about 8.
    I also heard other classes were mixed with the second room to make one full room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Quick question lads about education criteria I tried to look it up but they have since removed it from Public jobs,Is it a requirement that you must have sat the LC with a science subject? or would they accept an application just say were the applicant holds an EMT qualification with the appropriate driving licences.
    Also the C licence lets a person drive a truck up to 32,000kgs gross and for anyone ever thinking of getting the licence don't bother with the C1 as your limited to 7500kgs.

Quick question lads about education criteria I tried to look it up but they have since removed it from Public jobs,Is it a requirement that you must have sat the LC with a science subject? or would they accept an application just say were the applicant holds an EMT qualification with the appropriate driving licences.
    Also the C licence lets a person drive a truck up to 32,000kgs gross and for anyone ever thinking of getting the licence don't bother with the C1 as your limited to 7500kgs.

From the booklet : Candidates must at the closing date: (A) Be in possession of a minimum of five passes in the Leaving Certificate Examination at Ordinary Level (or EU academic equivalent), including Mathematics and a Science subject (i.e. Physics, Chemistry or Biology) Exceptions are:-A Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) EMT Certificate is acceptable in lieu of Science subject -A Primary Degree from a recognised third level institution is acceptable in lieu of Leaving Certificate and on the liecence I did class c test in truck and got c & c1 on my liecence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Thanks for that sjb25 once you do the C test you get the C1 thrown in as well.

Thanks for that sjb25 once you do the C test you get the C1 thrown in as well.

Yes as long as you tick the box on the application form they will put it on I passed class c test and ticked c and c1 on form and they added both on my liecence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

any ideas what the pass mark on each will be ? I know it depends on the group as a whole , but if someone scored say 80 percent on each , that would surely see them through ??? I really have no idea how I did but I'm trying to gauge where I'll be in the group

• Registered Users Posts: 42 stones55

McCoy wrote: »
    any ideas what the pass mark on each will be ? I know it depends on the group as a whole , but if someone scored say 80 percent on each , that would surely see them through ??? I really have no idea how I did but I'm trying to gauge where I'll be in the group

It probably would get you through. But it is assessed as a whole group. If the whole group were in the 90's they would take the top 300 from that. However it's very unlikely that everyone who went scored that well. It's hard to judge, depends on the standard of everyone who sat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭adam88

Everyone is gone quiet. Prob waiting for the 17th I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

Come 5pm and no results, they'll be plenty of talkin goin on here then

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EMTFlynn

Has anyone done the interview preparation courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The2minator

Anyone get an early email can't sit still at all. Best of luck aswell everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The2minator

Come 5pm and no results, they'll be plenty of talkin goin on here then

Is there talks of results today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭adam88

Results ain't out till Friday

• Advertisement

I reckon we'll hear thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

Is there talks of results today ?

Not that I'm aware. Friday at the earliest

I'm going to have no fingers left nails are long gone!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 EMT87

I heard a roomer that we should have results by Wednesday which is tomorrow. I was sure they told us results would be out on the 16th which would be Thursday tho, must have picked it up wrong due to everybody elses class stating Fri the 17th May. (I was on Monday 14.30, open to correction) Take not tho, the date of reveiling the aptitude results is the only date missing in the Trainee Paramedic Familiarisation booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

The official date is the 17/05/2013 this is stated on page 8 of the additional campaign info

• Registered Users Posts: 49 herself_there

medic780 wrote: »
    The official date is the 17/05/2013 this is stated on page 8 of the additional campaign info

I'll still be clicking 'refresh' on this forum every couple of hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

They said Friday 17th at the latest when i was in there, take what you will from that...

well is today gonna be the day ???

McCoy wrote: »
    well is today gonna be the day ???

I reckon tommorrow........ Be great if it was today tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Gawley

I was in at 14:30 on the Monday too and heard them say 17th. I reckon with the way they operate even if they have them done beforehand it wont be until friday when they are sent.

Better get used to the waiting, it's a wait now for results, then a wait for application for interview, then a wait to see if you get called for interview, than a wait to se if you are placed on the panel and then a wait to get called to start your training. Lot's of long waits ...if you are lucky enough.

The results are emailed to your personal email add, arent they?

Advertisement