Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you consider voting a Majority Fianna fail for the next government?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

sxt wrote: »
    I know that there is a school of thought that "sure aren't they all the same". Any other political party would have done the same etc. .Maybe if Fine Gael were in charge for 70 of the last 80 years, they would have done the same or worse. Who knows? ...But they weren't. Fianna Fail were.

I think if a party that rules for 90% of the time in the last 80 years ,like Fianna fail has, an aura of utter complacency, nonchalance and levels of corruption has to fester. That is the human psyche

Fianna Fail tasted the revolt and disgust of the people .Did they fight on and show solidarity with the people? Did they try to save face and their public and national respect?. No.The majority of the old school Senior Politicians began "retiring" in their slithery droves.Some under questionable circumstances. Gulping up the previous era Celtic Tiger Golden pensions as a brazen parting insult to the people and their own party.

There is a case to say that Fianna fail are renewed, the old politics are gone, and that there is a new younger breed coming through. A party that has learned from the mistakes of the past.That may be true but... A new leader would be apt ? Why haven't they CRIED out for a new LEADER? Your leader was in cahoots or at least in liaison with dodgy politicians!

Fianna Fail are the most popular party in Ireland according to recent polls

Would you vote for a majority Fianna fail to be in Government in the next election ?

Thing is they haven't changed, not at all.

The two main sweet talkers have learned to use 'reasonable honest man' speak and persona, but the heart of FF remains as it always was. The lesser FF Beings are rarely allowed TV time, but when they are, listen. Listen carefully.

They genuinely do not believe they are to blame for anything - it was bad luck - could of happened to anyone.

FF are in deep denial. Mind you, a lot of the Irish public are no great shakes either, so anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

We haven't given the communist party a shot at it yet. Surely they couldn't do any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭sheikhnguyen

Is this even a serious question? How in the name of fück could anyone ever consider voting for the prats again. I was amazed they won any seats at all in the last one. That anyone thinks that the answer to our problems is to put the people who created them back in power again is so insane as make me question universal sufferage. I suppose it shows you how backwards and tribal most Irish people actually are. Totally incapable of doing anything other than what their parents did and what they by extension have always done.

Of course FF will get back in because most people that would have voted them out abandoned ship after the twats crashed it into an giant iceberg that had "this sh*t was easy to see coming" on the side of it in giant glowing fücking letters.

If Irish people continue going backwards at their present rate we'll start to devolve. The Germans won't be coming to Ireland to see our beautiful unspoiled countryside, they'll be coming to see watch us swinging from branch to branch and to have fun throwing bananas at us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Big Bottom wrote: »
    I cant see what the problem is with people voting Fianna Fail again, it's different people now and different times.

:confused:

The Party elected the same man who held Ministerial office for 13 years, up and until 2011.

He sat in Cabinet during a period in which practically no meaningful oversight of financial institutions was effected by Finance, the Regulator or Ahern & Cowen at the Dept. of An Taoiseach.

Faces may have changed, but the culture of venality and sleeveenism which has retarded the Country both socially & economically since the foundation of the State is a far harder malignancy to shake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Nope not a hope and I seriously question the mentality of the public if they did.

I love living here but if FF got back in power I'd consider leaving and never coming back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I could never vote for them, well never say never in politics. As with all parties there are some good politicians and some ****e ones.
    Labs will be fooked next election, but is anyone really surprised. It always happens to the minority party in government.

I think a great quote to remember at this time is,
    think about how stupid the average person is, now think that half of people out there are even dumber. :D....:(

Far too many people in politics don't seem to understand it themselves.
    This pub political ****e we've had here for years is a joke.

It's often said that in times of recession, you have to look after the most vulnerable people in society...when does that happen.

Really no idea who I'd be voting for if there was an election tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I don't care who gets in as long as it's not Sinn Fein. I'd rather a Nazi party.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I don't care who gets in as long as it's not Sinn Fein. I'd rather a Nazi party.
    You'll be voting FF then :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I would vote for the Muslim Brotherhood, the DUP or the Workers' Party of Korea ahead of Fianna fail. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dont know who I'll be voting for but it wont be Fianna Fail anyway. Unfortunatly a lot of people will still vote for them so I wouldnt be surprised if they are in government again next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Well I blame the old...they're the ones who vote...! And they'll be back to FF in their droves ( blame alsimers or something) , oh and the guys who don't vote , thatd be the youth vote that can't be bothered voting , and the low paid most don't vote either, so basically I don't blame ME for voting FF in the past .. And won't blame me in the future

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Yamanoto wrote: »
    :confused:

The Party elected the same man who held Ministerial office for 13 years, up and until 2011.

He sat in Cabinet during a period in which practically no meaningful oversight of financial institutions was effected by Finance, the Regulator or Ahern & Cowen at the Dept. of An Taoiseach.

Faces may have changed, but the culture of venality and sleeveenism which has retarded the Country both socially & economically since the foundation of the State is a far harder malignancy to shake.

Mary hanafin is still the vice president of fianna fail for christ sake
    Will us Irish ever learn not to trust this shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

To be honest, I think we need SOMEONE to be a majority (single party) government next time, though I doubt it will happen.

We need a strong government that can implement policy without compromise. A government that lays out its Programme for Government and then HAS to follow it without the excuse of "we couldn't do x,y,z cos you didn't give us a majority mandate and we had to settle for a negotiated programme".

A government then has 5 years without the excuse of compromise or blaming their partner government party.

As I say I don't think we'll get that but a strong government with a decent opposition would be ideal. Sure we'd have to swallow a lot of bad medicine at times but I'd rather we swallow the sh1t now get it over with, start rebuilding and stop this fluttering around trying to please two completely different bases.

If there was an election tomorrow I'd highly likely vote FG

Edit: the OAPs will shuffle their way to the polling booths in most weather conditions. The same can't be said of younger voters. We seriousily need to get involvement in the democratic process otherwise we'll continue to get the old hand TDs we've always being getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

You chucklefucks do realise that "to consider" is not the same as "will vote for" right?

Right?

Now, back to our regularly scheduled impotent rage....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

to quote Vince McMahon "No Chance, No Chance In Hell"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Id vote for them strategically too make sure parties even further to the left of FF were not elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

No way. Ff,fg and labour can go away and take a big sh1te to themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭amacca

Never ever ever.

I would vote for anyone else and I mean anyone else before them.

yay! so I can count on your vote in the next hell-ection!

I'm running on a shoot all old people and seize their deposits for "redistribution" ticket

(and you can sort out yer own fcukin tarmac)

hfallada wrote: »
    A lot of FF are lawyers meaning a lot of them are sly ****ers who I think could do a better job at negotiating a bank debt deal them the shower of teachers we have at the moment.

FF were honest the economy was ****ed and cut backs were necessary not labour and FG who were promising the Celtic tiger again within 6 month of

power

Please tell me you're trolling, please tell me you're trolling , please please ... Cos the alternative is much worse

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Actually the best thing that could happen to FF is that they get back into government ..... As junior party in a coalition .... All the blame none of the glory ....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd emigrate before voting for those scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Absolutely no hope I would ever vote for them. And anyone that does vote for them needs their head examined at the very least, maybe even locking up or a swift kick to the head

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I could never ever ever allow myself to vote FF in any election. Even during the good times I never did.

Having said that, I'm not sure I have it in me to vote Labour any more either.

Anyone want to help me set up the Common Sense Party?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

No chance would I vote for FF. In fact I'll probably vote independant. The next government will be FG, Sinn Fein and independants. Labour won't get a look in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

22% on boards, after hours.

The swing in real life would probably be 40% right now. Considering giving a vote, that is , not actual voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

No chance would I vote for FF. In fact I'll probably vote independant. The next government will be FG, Sinn Fein and independants. Labour won't get a look in.

You don't know a lot about politics if you think FG and SF will be coalition partners anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I'm going to have an extremely open mind voting in the next election because its really true that they're all as bad as each other.

I can see FG maintaining majority though, with Labour taking the brunt of everyones current frustrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

No, mainly because the OP's supposition that the old guard are gone is incorrect. Me-hole martin is still running the show in FF, so the old guard are well an truly present. I also think that its a wrong to assume that if we change the government that things will get better. Nothing is going to change until the country gets its chequebook back from Frankfurt. Until then the minister of finance has no real authority and the cuts/austerity will continue regardless. I'd say that in the next 3 years or so we could get control of our finances again, but its very much dependant on weather the economies of the other major countries in the world get back on track since we rely on their wellbeing so much.

My opinion is dont change the FG lads just yet. They are not really in control financially, so better to wait until we are in control again and see what they do with the opertunity. But I will never vote FF until EVERY TD who was in Berties government is dead and gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

No :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

...In fact I'll probably vote independant.

...and waste your vote :rolleyes:

Advertisement