Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you consider voting a Majority Fianna fail for the next government?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FF 4 Eva

I will definitely be voting Fianna Fail. The current government has done nothing to help the economy and they have ruined our chances at recovery. I believe we should stop been so stubborn over the last term and give Fianna Fail another chance to fix things. We'll be truly grateful to them for it if we do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

FF 4 Eva wrote: »
    I will definitely be voting Fianna Fail. The current government has done nothing to help the economy and they have ruined our chances at recovery. I believe we should stop been so stubborn over the last term and give Fianna Fail another chance to fix things. We'll be truly grateful to them for it if we do.

Insanity-doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Insanity-doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Fianna Fail have proven they can get an economy booming, just as they did under Ahern. I have faith in them that they can do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Fianna Fail have proven they can get an economy booming, just as they did under Ahern. I have faith in them that they can do it again.

Fianna Fail have proven **** all except that they know how to line their own greedy pockets and completely screw an entire country. That shower of pricks is why the current shower of pricks are shafting us every chance they get. Dont get me wrong I hate kenny etc nearly as much, What we need to do is to tell the germans and all the bond holders to go **** themselves and get a new party of credible people to run this country properly.

cd07 wrote: »
    Fianna Fail have proven **** all except that they know how to line their own greedy pockets and completely screw an entire country. That shower of pricks is why the current shower of pricks are shafting us every chance they get. Dont get me wrong I hate kenny etc nearly as much, What we need to do is to tell the germans and all the bond holders to go **** themselves and get a new party of credible people to run this country properly.

This is simply not true, explain to me then why it has always been a FF government that presided over a boom, whereas when we've had FG and Labour in, there is also stagnation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

This is simply not true, explain to me then why it has always been a FF government that presided over a boom, whereas when we've had FG and Labour in, there is also stagnation?

Because FF blew the wealth and left it to others to pick up the pieces and sort out the mess

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Because FF blew the wealth and left it to others to pick up the pieces and sort out the mess

Not true, this is just an old urban myth that FG and their apologists use. There is no evidence for such a claim.

The others did all the ground work for the boom before those gangsters got in and raped our country. Ahern should be in jail the horrible little bastard

The others did all the ground work for the boom before those gangsters got in and raped our country. Ahern should be in jail the horrible little bastard

Ahern was no more corrupt that any other politician. The media was just in a frenzy to try and bring him down. Fine Gael have just as many, if not more corrupt politicians. Poor Ahern's legacy has been decimated by the witch hunt that went on back in 2009. If anything, we could do with him again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I don't like thieves or liars. There's barely anyone I could vote for in most elections tbh.

Let's see what the next bunch will have up their sleeves to try convince us to vote for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Since when are Sinn Fein considered left? they were always far right and always will be. Sinn Fein in coalition government is a receipe for disaster.

Far left I think you'll find. Of course the circular nature of political extremism means that there's not a huge amount of difference between the far left and the far right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Ahern was no more corrupt that any other politician. The media was just in a frenzy to try and bring him down. Fine Gael have just as many, if not more corrupt politicians. Poor Ahern's legacy has been decimated by the witch hunt that went on back in 2009. If anything, we could do with him again.
    Ahern was the most corrupt of them all. During the boom time he took a huge salary and pension and he was paid more than the President of the United States and the UK! which in comparison to a small island of 4 million people... so you don't call that corrupt?

I agree that Finn Gael have the fair share of corrupt politicans as well. If you let a government in power for over 15 years they easily get corrupt and greedy just like Fianna Fail and their mates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

O my golly gosh, youre right. Its all the germans fault. Im so sick of the germans.

Maybe you should start this new party of credible people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

inmyday wrote: »
    Its all the germans fault.

The answer remains NEIN

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

We are constantly being told on various threads how good FG are.
    Sergeant for one regularly tells us how brainy they are i.e. Alan Shatter.
    Yet when in opposition they were like Trappist monks. Not a peep.
    Did they only become brainy when they took power or is it all bluff?
    Am I right to think that the politicians of all parties are indeed poor and that people are trying their best, like Sergeant, to paper over the cracks by championing his own party? The truth, as I see it, is that they were just as ignorant of how the country should have been governed as FF were and therefore just as guilty as they were silent while in opposition.

Are we now taking action on our our debts purely because the Troika are demanding it as I suspect?

I think some people just realise they have to act stupid to get the electorate to vote for them. Now it can be argued if it's really an act or not. In 2002 when Fine Gael said they would spend the money smartly a bit more fiscally conservative than the others because they didn't want the economy to over-heat they got hammered in the polls. The good old Irish public didn't like that idea at all, they wanted more spending, more tax cuts/breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think some people just realise they have to act stupid to get the electorate to vote for them. Now it can be argued if it's really an act or not. In 2002 when Fine Gael said they would spend the money smartly a bit more fiscally conservative than the others because they didn't want the economy to over-heat they got hammered in the polls. The good old Irish public didn't like that idea at all, they wanted more spending, more tax cuts/breaks.

Well now if Fine Gael did say that and got hammered then they truly kept their mouths shut afterwards. They even lambasted Fianna Fail for not being generous enough in the following budgets.
    Anyway my point is that no party is blameless.
    When you see the likes of the Healy-Rae clan and Michael Lowry being elected time after time the voters deserve what they get but for posters to say that the present Cabinet is brilliant and full of brains is laughable. One party is as bad as the next.

Well now if Fine Gael did say that and got hammered then they truly kept their mouths shut afterwards. They even lambasted Fianna Fail for not being generous enough in the following budgets.
    Anyway my point is that no party is blameless.
    When you see the likes of the Healy-Rae clan and Michael Lowry being elected time after time the voters deserve what they get but for posters to say that the present Cabinet is brilliant and full of brains is laughable. One party is as bad as the next.

I agree they are all the same. All using their public status to benefit themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

We need a world in which a politician's election manifesto is like a contract. Screw it up and you lose your seat.

Is that something like what that new party, DDI are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Goodnight Vienna :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

Xenophile wrote: »
    The answer remains NEIN

Was Bo Derek in that?

darkhorse wrote: »
    Is that something like what that new party, DDI are talking about?

Jesus, they aren't stupid enough to suggest that proposal are they?

Jesus, they aren't stupid enough to elect that proposal are they?

Do you work in RTE?

Just checked their website. They seem comically bad. I thought they were running on a system of referendums where the people decide, so I was surprised to see this on their front page.
    STOP Bondholder Payments: There is no legal liability for Irish people and their children to pay for private banking debts.
    REDUCE Family Home Mortgages: A substantial write down of personal debt to keep people in their homes and stimulate our domestic economy.
    ABOLISH All Taxes on Family Homes: “It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home” – Enda Kenny, 1994.
    PROTECT Services & Allowances: Review all cuts made to essential services and people’s vital allowances.
    CUT Business Rates: Reduce costs for business to help make them more affordable and competitive thus protecting Irish jobs.
    PREVENT State Asset Stripping: Keep water, oil, gas, forestry, fisheries and mineral assets working for the people.

Seems like they've already decided what the people of Ireland have voted for. :confused: The icing on the cake was seeing that Ireland and Norway oil video, ugh.

Just checked their website. They seem comically bad. I thought they were running on a system of referendums where the people decide, so I was surprised to see this on their front page.

Seems like they've already decided what the people of Ireland have voted for. :confused: The icing on the cake was seeing that Ireland and Norway oil video, ugh.

So, which one of those six statements that you quoted from their website, do you not agree with.

darkhorse wrote: »
    So, which one of those six statements that you quoted from their website, do you not agree with.

It's not relevant whether I agree with them or not, I thought they were a party who just wanted direct representation. It seems that's not the only thing they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Can anyone see FF and FG going into government together in the near future? Can you imagine the power of such a political machine, we wouldn't need any of the other parties anymore.:pac: muh haw haw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

DDIs populism puts FF in the ha'penny place.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

We should all vote independents.

But not the crazy bible bashing kind. The honest regular kind that don't have a personal business agenda to attend to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Srianadh

CdeC wrote: »
    We should all vote independents.

But not the crazy bible bashing kind. The honest regular kind that don't have a personal business agenda to attend to.

Seriously, look at all the independents currently in the Dáil. You'll find that the ones worth a damn (Ross, Donnelly) are very much in the minority. The majority tend to be the Mings, Wallaces, Healy-Reas, etc. This whole thing of people calling for independents really glosses over the fact that independents are just as bad TD's, on average, as political party TD's.

Also, can you imagine how a Dáil full of independents would work........because I can't! We'd be having elections every other month when the whole thing kept crashing down. Under or current constitution, political parties are a necessary evil.

Advertisement