Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you consider voting a Majority Fianna fail for the next government?

Options
  • 02-04-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

I know that there is a school of thought that "sure aren't they all the same". Any other political party would have done the same etc. .Maybe if Fine Gael were in charge for 70 of the last 80 years, they would have done the same or worse. Who knows? ...But they weren't. Fianna Fail were.

I think if a party that rules for 90% of the time in the last 80 years ,like Fianna fail has, an aura of utter complacency, nonchalance and levels of corruption has to fester. That is the human psyche

Fianna Fail tasted the revolt and disgust of the people .Did they fight on and show solidarity with the people? Did they try to save face and their public and national respect?. No.The majority of the old school Senior Politicians began "retiring" in their slithery droves.Some under questionable circumstances. Gulping up the previous era Celtic Tiger Golden pensions as a brazen parting insult to the people and their own party.

There is a case to say that Fianna fail are renewed, the old politics are gone, and that there is a new younger breed coming through. A party that has learned from the mistakes of the past.That may be true but... A new leader would be apt ? Why haven't they CRIED out for a new LEADER? Your leader was in cahoots or at least in liaison with dodgy politicians!

Fianna Fail are the most popular party in Ireland according to recent polls

Would you vote for a majority Fianna fail to be in Government in the next election ?

Would you consider a majority Fianna Fail for the next Government? 187 votes

I would consider voting a majority Fianna Fail for the next Government?
    8% 15 votes
    Would not consider Voting majority Fianna Fail for the next government
    91% 172 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

No, simply because I don't trust them not to get back to their old tricks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

N O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

No.

But I wouldn't vote for any of the utterly shambolic alternatives to the current Government either. So I'm not just excluding them. We've a really wretched and unthinking shower of miscreants in opposition at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Fúck no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

I would definitely consider it, much rather them than labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

No. But thankfully we've plenty of other lying overpaid parasites to vote for

• Registered Users Posts: 16,125 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Same as previously: Not under any circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Chop Chop

Montroseee wrote: »
    I would definitely consider it, much rather them than labour.

Oh God!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I'd sooner consider boiling my balls, tbh.

And I think anyone who would vote FF would want to take a good look at themselves and ask why.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

A lot of FF are lawyers meaning a lot of them are sly ****ers who I think could do a better job at negotiating a bank debt deal them the shower of teachers we have at the moment.

FF were honest the economy was ****ed and cut backs were necessary not labour and FG who were promising the Celtic tiger again within 6 month of power

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Honestly I'd vote for Sinn Fein before I'd vote for FF, and I despise Sinn Fein.

Fianna Fail must never, ever, ever, ever, ever be allowed into any position of authority ever again, for as long as that miserable organization continues to blight our country with its existence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

hfallada wrote: »
    A lot of FF are lawyers meaning a lot of them are sly ****ers who I think could do a better job at negotiating a bank debt deal them the shower of teachers we have at the moment.

Ah, these are the same FF party that agreed to the ruinous bank guarantee and bailout of Anglo in the first place? As opposed to the current administration who got a pretty decent deal considering the circumstances?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I don't really care tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Have any of you ever voted?

You don't get a list with FF/FG/L/GP/SF ....etc...

You get a list of local people who may or may not be affiliated with a particular party. All politics is local. I never voted FF in or FG in I did however vote for people affiliated with those parties as well as independents and other parties.

FF were honest the economy was ****ed

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Brian Lenihan - "Ceann Comhairle, we have turned the corner. The worst is over" -- circa 3 weeks before the IMF arrived in Dublin, which the government repeatedly denied was taking place right up until one brave, decent man in the Central Bank decided that lying to the Irish public was a load of bollocks.

The word "honest" is literally the last word in the entire Oxford dictionary that I would ascribe to FF, and I'm absolutely flabbergasted to see anyone else do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Deise_67

never ever again ! pity the options are equally as crap !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Where's the option for "I'd rather give Clare Daly a piggy back for the entirety of her campaign for the next General Election and vote a straight ticket for the ULA & Sinn Fein using my own blood than vote for Fianna Fail"?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

FF were honest the economy was ****ed and cut backs were necessary not labour and FG who were promising the Celtic tiger again within 6 month of power

Your daddy and mammy told you that, didn't they?

Seriously, you think FF were honest?....:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

You get a list of local people who may or may not be affiliated with a particular party. All politics is local. I never voted FF in or FG in I did however vote for people affiliated with those parties as well as independents and other parties.

I'm afraid that's bullsh!t, because our party whip system denotes that who you vote for locally is completely irrelevant beyond their party affiliation. If they're in a party they have to vote with the party leadership or get thrown out, if you vote independent and they're not part of a technical group they get no speaking rights and very little ability to do anything but vote on proposals whose outcome has already been decided by the aforementioned whip system of the ruling parties.

Our parliament is profoundly anti democratic and is the very first thing we need to overhaul before we can call ourselves a "Republic".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Hope this is a wind-up, for your sakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

I don't really care tbh

Well if you don't care, im presuming you don't vote. No opinion then. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Would never vote FF again. Crooks.

Not too happy with what we have now either. Liars.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The sad thing is that I can see the usual suspects voting the thieves back in though

Would never vote FF again. Crooks.

Not too happy with what we have now either. Liars.

What we need is a Dail of independent TDs which has absolutely no power on local issues whatsoever. Devolve ALL local decisions to county councils, thereby avoiding the parish pump problem, and once that's taken care of, you have a parliament whose first loyalty is to the people who have the absolute power over their re-election, their constituents, and not to any form of whip or party leadership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Absolutely categorically, unequivocally No fcuking way in HELL!! I've never voted for them and never, ever will. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

There isn't a party in the dail which i consider myself a supporter of at the moment.As much as i hate Fine Gael,they are the only party which i would consider voting for in a coming election as i think they'd do a less crap job than any of the other party's in a second term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Airitech

I wouldn't but the problem as I see it is that we are running out of options.

Before the last election the mood was that FF or the Greens would never be allowed back into power.

Now I'm hearing the same thing about FG and Labour. The remaining options are hardly worth considering. SF have too many skeletons in the closet and both they and the ULA make no sense economically. You can't have a government of independents, so who is left?

FF could just sneak back because there is no other option. Voters could take the attitude of better the devil you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

I'm afraid that's bullsh!t, because our party whip system denotes that who you vote for locally is completely irrelevant beyond their party affiliation. If they're in a party they have to vote with the party leadership or get thrown out, if you vote independent and they're not part of a technical group they get no speaking rights and very little ability to do anything but vote on proposals whose outcome has already been decided by the aforementioned whip system of the ruling parties.

Our parliament is profoundly anti democratic and is the very first thing we need to overhaul before we can call ourselves a "Republic".

Err...no actually its a statement of fact.
    The whip system concerns national government. I made a very simple point which you ve somehow failed to grasp - there is no option for Fianna Fail or any other party on the ballot paper. Thats not merely an opinion, it s a fact.

Whether you like it or not, many people do vote for someone who "got them planning" or "sorted out a job for the daughter" and again, whether you like it or not, in many cases they (still) do have the power to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

voting fail

Advertisement