Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of the loop - don't judge me!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

bluewolf wrote: »
    I agree on people checking their phones during a meal or something.
    If you're expecting someone on their way or something that's actually important and you clarify and explain and don't do it again, fine, but sitting there with your face in it is rude

Yup, I agree. Actually between all my closest friend (there's only three of them) none of us will do more than glance at our phones unless we get a text or call and even then we won't respond to a text.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Once my phone can text and ring people, that's all I want. I don't need all the other fancy over priced things. I understand some people need the internet anywhere they go and email etc. but I can't understand how people spend 600 quid on iPhones. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Don't need one, but I would probably get a lot of use out of one. Just couldnt fork out that kind of cash for a phone.

I can understand the OP's point here. I've always been immersed in technology, to the point that if I decided I wasn't going to go online that day I'd be thinking "well what else is there to do?" It's terrible.

woodoo wrote: »
    I don't have one either, mainly because the battery on my current phone lasts about a week and anyone i know with a smart phone is charging it everyday. I couldn't be bothered with that hassle.

I dont understand this, I have a charger plugged in beside my bed and every night I hop into bed and just turn over and plug the phone in and leave it on the bed beside me, how this is hassle I don't know, it takes about a second to do it.

• Advertisement

Up till about 2 years ago no one batted an eyelid but now people openly laugh at me and my phone and now they have a right auld gawk at it like I've taken out a tube of thrush cream to make a phone call on.

Once I fished my phone out of my bag to take a call, but it wasn't my phone.

I was trying to talk into one of those 3 packs of Tampax you get from the vending machine in the ladies. Not only that, but I was wondering why no one was replying.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I am judging you, OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

P_1 wrote: »
    Who cares what other people think op

It's not so much caring as wondering why others are so concerned about what kind of phone I used. The funny thing is, the same people only changed over recently enough but suddenly the scoffing (love that word) starts once they get one.
    Candie wrote: »
    Once I fished my phone out of my bag to take a call, but it wasn't my phone.

I was trying to talk into one of those 3 packs of Tampax you get from the vending machine in the ladies. Not only that, but I was wondering why no one was replying.

:o

Haha!! :D

Went into my class today and I had to tell 3 grown adults to get off their fcuking phones and at least pretend to be interested for one hour out of their measly lives. It's the height of rudeness. The HEIGHT!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

It's not so much caring as wondering why others are so concerned about what kind of phone I used. The funny thing is, the same people only changed over recently enough but suddenly the scoffing (love that word) starts once they get one.

Haha!! :D

Went into my class today and I had to tell 3 grown adults to get off their fcuking phones and at least pretend to be interested for one hour out of their measly lives. It's the height of rudeness. The HEIGHT!!

you must lead an interesting life if petty things like that annoy you.

joetoad wrote: »
    you must lead an interesting life if petty things like that annoy you.

Oh believe me, this is only the tip of the iceberg. I've a long list of pointless shyt that gets on my tits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I got one recently because my old phone was on the way out and it didn't cost that much (it's a fairly cheap basic smart phone). I was worried about being constantly connected to the internet, but, to be honest, I find I spend less time on the internet than more. I rarely check my laptop, and when I do, it's only for specific things. I also find I can leave my phone at home, and don't check it as often. Not sure why that is, but on the whole, it's a lot better. In addition to this, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than my old phone (options for free calls, free texts etc).

The etiquette with smart phones and old phones should always be the same, however: no checking of it whatsoever in company, unless someone is expecting an important phonecall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

They are one of the handiest and most useful inventions ever. It's your loss.

They are one of the handiest and most useful inventions ever. It's your loss.

You can't miss what you never had.

Oh Lord, not this tripe.

Oh Lord, not this tripe.

For a man who doesn't give a shit and accuses others of having no life, you seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time on this thread.

For a man who doesn't give a shit and accuses others of having no life, you seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time on this thread.

I also just took a massive dump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I also just took a massive dump

You have an unhealthy obsession with sharing your bathroom habits. There used to be somebody else round here who did the same. Think they're banned now.

It's been done. Get over it.

You have an unhealthy obsession with sharing your bathroom habits. There used to be somebody else round here who did the same. Think they're banned now.

It's been done. Get over it.

Okay, whatever you say x;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I dont understand this, I have a charger plugged in beside my bed and every night I hop into bed and just turn over and plug the phone in and leave it on the bed beside me, how this is hassle I don't know, it takes about a second to do it.

What about the cost is it sore on electricity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

And people thought this was going to be the future... Weird Nokia.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I thought the new trendy thing was to have a Nokia 3210 and denounce smartphones...?

Besides you're not out of the loop, you're retro.

And it's not an old phone, it's vintage.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Not even *sniff* love?:(

I don't have a smartphone either. I have a very basic Nokia that's a good few years old now and has an excellent battery that lasts about a week and a half. So far, it's been indestructible as well, being hopped off rocks while hiking and working grand once I put it back together.

I have a bit of an addictive personality, so I can see myself not doing any work whatsoever and looking at the iPhone all day. At some stage, it will be easier to have one than not have one, and I shall have to upgrade then as that is the way everything is moving, where doing anything at all, such as paying a parking meter ticket to grocery shopping will be paid through devices, but until that day, I shall soldier on.

Brave and stalwart, till the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

This thread reminds me of that old joke.

How do you know someone doesnt have an Iphone??

They tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Candie wrote: »
    Besides you're not out of the loop, you're retro.

And it's not an old phone, it's vintage.
    :)

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Spunge wrote: »
    what ****ing sucks abotu smartphones is you have to charge them EVERY DAY. i only got one for the first time a few weeks ago and its a pain in the ass. my old phone would last a few weeks without charging, i think ill still use it as my phone and use the smartphone well not even as a phone just as a smart.

Weeks? bullsh1t, even on standby with zero use a phone battery would die after 6-7 days, I have an old sony phone thats only used as a second alarm (I have snooze button issues) and that gets about a week max with no use on it bar the alarm going off.

krudler wrote: »
    Weeks? bullsh1t, even on standby with zero use a phone battery would die after 6-7 days, I have an old sony phone thats only used as a second alarm (I have snooze button issues) and that gets about a week max with no use on it bar the alarm going off.

A week is still better than a smart phone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm with ya, sista!

Battery lasts longer than most relationships these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Larianne wrote: »
    I'm with ya, sista!

Battery lasts longer than most relationships these days!

Ahm....for which device?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I am pay as you go and i just priced the galaxy note 2 to see if i could be tempted - €600 :eek:

Advertisement