Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of the loop - don't judge me!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

In fairness its painful trying to type a message on a keypad when you are used to a touch screen keyboard.

We were under the impression your man was going to just grab it and run if it was a decent phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

joetoad wrote: »
    When I travel the GPS is fantastic to find where I'm going, I can do online banking, book a hotel, look up bus times, check email, facebook, make bets on sports, twitter, check latest sport scores when out,view PF and documents, make FREE phonecalls via Viber, listen yo music, watch live sports, go on youtube.

Do people ot have smartphones because they feel afraid they will not be able to use one?

Yeah, we're just too darned stupid to use all that new fangled technology stuff.

It's a wonder we know how to work the internetz at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Nokias were great for sticking up your bum during kinky sex. Keep it OP. We won't judge sneaky ****, kinky sex etc. Saves the figernails using the aul phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

Yeah, we're just too darned stupid to use all that new fangled technology stuff.

It's a wonder we know how to work the internetz at all.

true, biggest reason why people havn't made the switch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

My nokia gave up the ghost there a few months ago so I got a smartphone because it was the same price on bill per month as I had been spending on credit. My old phone could go on the internet (using opera mini - very basic, lots of things didn't work) but people did openly laugh at it.

I'm not sure I've made the right decision. I use the internet but nothing else. I hate the touchscreen and I'd give anything to go back to buttons. I feel like everything takes twice as long on it. Add to that I'm paranoid about taking it out in certain places with all the robberies you hear of with the victim being essentially blamed for having a smartphone on show. If I wasn't on a contract I would probably sell it and go for something more basic.

If you're happy with your old phone I say stick with it til it breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Thats just your opinion and not true at all tbh. If you don't want one, don't get one. No one really cares.

Personally I find them great. Everything is at the touch of a button, making more and more time for the important things in life..

I never said people "care" but people laugh at the fact that I don't have one like I'm some kind of fool for not having one. They care enough to scoff and it's those I'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

I never said people "care" but people laugh at the fact that I don't have one like I'm some kind of fool for not having one. They care enough to scoff and it's those I'm talking about.

I bet you still love the attention though.

There's been one or two one here doing the same thing, which just proves your point really.

Did they hurt your feelings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Thats just your opinion and not true at all tbh. If you don't want one, don't get one. No one really cares.

Personally I find them great ****e. Everything is at the touch of a button, making more and more time for the important things in life avoiding real life.

I care! I agree with the OP and find it interesting to discuss.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I think there is someone who usually says they don't have a mobile at all
    Well if you don't want one, that's fine. I was resistant too til I got a free upgrade and now I think it's brilliant. All those apps! :)

I will admit I miss being able to touchtype on my old nokia, none of that on the touchscreen phones

I care! I agree with the OP and find it interesting to discuss.

So you like yo check your facebook, respond to emails, check sport scores is avoiding real life hmmm. Brace yourselfs the high horses are coming saying its stupid to have a smart phone and shud replace it with a nokia 3210. bahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Smartphones are great. My iPhone died last July and I was stuck using an old tocco I had for months, and the shame of it. Kept expecting 2008 to call and ask me for my phone back.

No proper Internet, no YouTube, no draw something. God it was an awful stressful time in my life altogether.*

* not really

When I travel the GPS is fantastic to find where I'm going, I can do online banking, book a hotel, look up bus times, check email, facebook, make bets on sports, twitter, check latest sport scores when out,view PF and documents, make FREE phonecalls via Viber, listen yo music, watch live sports, go on youtube.

Do people ot have smartphones because they feel afraid they will not be able to use one?

I can use a laptop and other electronics so I'm sure I'd have no problems.

Did they hurt your feelings?

No but they got on my tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I'm not getting a smart phone. Ever. Not unless normal run-of-the-mill phones become obsolete and I'm forced to buy one. The reason? I don't want or need one. I've got the most basic of Nokia phones and it's perfect for my needs. It's got Snake, a flashlight, a little calendar to note down birthdays and Shark Week and it can text and make phone calls. It also has a ringtone sounds like a baby giggling and who doesn't love a (cute not ugly) baby? I'm happy as Larry!

Recently people (friends and colleagues) have actually been scoffing at the fact that I don't own one. Up till about 2 years ago no one batted an eyelid but now people openly laugh at me and my phone and now they have a right auld gawk at it like I've taken out a tube of thrush cream to make a phone call on. I feel like I'm making some kind of one woman protest against smart phones when all it comes down to is the fact that I simply don't want one.

Am I the only one? Anyone else like me? Anyone else feel persecuted? And if you do judge, why?

Yeah, I've no problem with smartphones or people having them. I just have never wanted anything more than a basic phone. Never got any slagging about it though, that sucks, OP.

I can use a laptop and other electronics so I'm sure I'd have no problems.

I bet you still use a typewriter and carrier pigeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

I'm not getting a smart phone. Ever. Not unless normal run-of-the-mill phones become obsolete and I'm forced to buy one. The reason? I don't want or need one. I've got the most basic of Nokia phones and it's perfect for my needs. It's got Snake, a flashlight, a little calendar to note down birthdays and Shark Week and it can text and make phone calls. It also has a ringtone sounds like a baby giggling and who doesn't love a (cute not ugly) baby? I'm happy as Larry!

Recently people (friends and colleagues) have actually been scoffing at the fact that I don't own one. Up till about 2 years ago no one batted an eyelid but now people openly laugh at me and my phone and now they have a right auld gawk at it like I've taken out a tube of thrush cream to make a phone call on. I feel like I'm making some kind of one woman protest against smart phones when all it comes down to is the fact that I simply don't want one.

Am I the only one? Anyone else like me? Anyone else feel persecuted? And if you do judge, why?

I am reading this thread on my smart phone.... in bed.... While listening to music!

So you like yo check your facebook, respond to emails, check sport scores is avoiding real life hmmm. Brace yourselfs the high horses are coming saying its stupid to have a smart phone and shud replace it with a nokia 3210. bahaha

Nobody's saying that at all.

Why are you getting so defensive because someone else doesn't feel the need to do all the stuff you like doing on your phone?

Once you go black you'll never go back!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've no problem with smartphones or people having them. I just have never wanted anything more than a basic phone. Never got any slagging about it though, that sucks, OP.

I need new friends and colleagues and move to a new city, obviously....

When will the scoffing end!!

Do you not like the idea of free phone calls and chatting with friends for free? If you do a bit of travelling their your best friend!

Steve O wrote: »
    I bet you still love the attention though.

Why the attitude? Go and **** yourself silly and get back to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

When you get a smartphone.

Why the attitude? Go and **** yourself silly and get back to me...

Thanks to my smartphone, I can post and **** at the same time so :p

Do you not like the idea of free phone calls and chatting with friends for free? If you do a bit of travelling their your best friend!

I talked to my best friend on Skype last night for an hour on my laptop in the comfort of my bedroom. I get free calls on my contract on my normal phone.

The things you mentioned above sound great but you're scoffing at the fact that I don't have one. Why?

I talked to my best friend on Skype last night for an hour on my laptop in the comfort of my bedroom. I get free calls on my contract on my normal phone.

The things you mentioned above sound great but you're scoffing at the fact that I don't have one. Why?

Because it makes you look poor and makes you look like you have the IQ of my left testicle

Because it makes you look poor and makes you look like you have the IQ of my left testicle

A) I am poor b) The fact that it bothers you so much makes you look like even more of a simpleton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I don't see the point of complaining about it and making a point of not getting a smartphone.

The OP isn't making a point of it. In fact, she is saying that people she knows are making a point of her not having one.

• Advertisement

A) I am poor

Stop wasting your money on Bingo then ffs.

Advertisement