Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Korea v USA Mega Merge.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

NK's nukes are only useful to it for defence.

They're also useful to US weapons manufacturers in creating a market for weapons.
    U.S. sales of warplanes, anti-missile systems and other costly weapons to China's and North Korea's neighbors appear set for significant growth amid regional security jitters.

reuters.com-Jan 1, 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

North Korea warns South president

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21950139

Warning her against "slandering", it told Ms Park to behave with discretion to avoid "horrible disaster".

A basket case if ever there was one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Hope the Yanks go and kick the balls out of them, mouthy gob****es

And what will that achieve, fran oconnor?

China will then become involved, not to mention South Korea and Japan. Millions will die.

Is that the way forward?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Didn't the stupid warmongers lose the last war they fought in Korea?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

theUbiq wrote: »

I don't think any war is winnable, really. What upsets me is the justification some use to wage a war. Blair and his acolytes, or the mess in Viet Nam.

I'd like to hear from fran oconnor as to what the justification is, starting a war because of some sabre rattling. And no, I'm no fan of the various Kim regimes but in the end, it's always the people who suffer the most in war.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭SeanW

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Not much, but then again the US is simply not allowed use Nukes(is that right?). They got away with it before, but murdering an entire Nation of people is just ****ed.
    Legally, the free world would be on not-too-shaky ground in using nuclear weapons against North Korea.

Adherence to the Nuclear non Proliferation Treaty guarantees that a Nuclear Weapons State signatory will not use nuclear weapons against Non Nuclear Weapons State signatories except in very severe, pre-defined circumstances. North Korea is presumably not a member of the NPT at all and therefore has no legal protection under it.

Not that I am suggesting that this be done pre-emptively to NK - I am not - but if the North Koreans were stupid enough to start a war, they could expect to be obliterated and the NPT at least would not protect them as they are not members.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

SeanW wrote: »
    Legally, the free world would be on not-too-shaky ground in using nuclear weapons against North Korea.

Adherence to the Nuclear non Proliferation Treaty guarantees that a Nuclear Weapons State signatory will not use nuclear weapons against Non Nuclear Weapons State signatories except in very severe, pre-defined circumstances. North Korea is presumably not a member of the NPT at all and therefore has no legal protection under it.

Not that I am suggesting that this be done pre-emptively to NK - I am not - but if the North Koreans were stupid enough to start a war, they could expect to be obliterated and the NPT at least would not protect them as they are not members.

It seems bizarre that any nation would worry about hypothetical legal proceedings in the face of a nuclear war, interesting stuff though!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

theUbiq wrote: »
    No.

The war isn't over, it's just a ceasefire.

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Being reported now on Sky News.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Yeah because they're really going to attack the US :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I knew there would be a Pearl Harbour 2!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Yanks ave been pushng that dudes buttons for a while.his going to go team america on their a€€ soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Being reported now on Sky News.

Anything good on Channel 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

As was said by another poster elsewhere, we need a damn good war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

squod wrote: »
    Anything good on Channel 4?

40 year old virgins :eek::eek: Think I would rather hear about madser N korea :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

All piss and vinegar those lads... The chinese will cut them loose if it comes to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Perfect there's nothing on TV all weekend ,

Kill em kill em all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

donvito99 wrote: »

US will just nuke the sh*t out of them if they attack their ships. It'll be over in a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

If they gathered up all the Santa-fes ever made, and catapulted them over theN.Korean border, I wonder would that batter them into submission? The upside would be fewer Santa-fes on the worlds roads and with a bit of luck a Chrome bull-bar might clip Kimmy on its way past. I think this idea has a lot of merit.

• Advertisement

US will just nuke the sh*t out of them if they attack their ships. It'll be over in a day

All depends on the Chinese.

Great bunch of lads, the Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I, for one, support countless deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

All depends on the Chinese.

Great bunch of lads, the Chinese.

I actually forgot about them, they're like the kid on the playground who gets bullied,but bottles it all up, then one day erupts and goes apeshi*t.

I still don't see them intervening if Korea attack first though.

I actually forgot about them, they're like the kid on the playground who gets bullied,but bottles it all up, then one day erupts and goes apeshi*t.

I still don't see them intervening if Korea attack first though.

They will be quite willing to dispose of the DPR if it is Tubby-il-Sung who kicks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

NK don't have the stones to make the first move. Doubt they want to either, it's a death sentence either way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Ah yeah, I've yet to witness a good one in my lifetime. A good war is well overdue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

Wouldn't surprise me if there isn't a North Korean cargo ship packed to the rafters with North Korean Marines registered under a different flag steaming toward some small US held island in the Pacific or some other location. It would be an unbelievable propaganda move if they invaded someplace with a tiny US garrison and captured it or even landed in the States. Be something to watch on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

"First we tell the Americans we're going to attack them, then we launch our attack! The Americans would never expect us to do something so stupid, yet so devious. It's so simple even an idiot could have devised it, utterly foolproof. Now, fetch me more battlecake, the game is afoot.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

We've already had ''unplanned maneuvers'' from the Russian military. Who's man enough to front up to those dudes?

Advertisement