Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Korea v USA Mega Merge.

Options
  • 08-03-2013 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Didn't see it on here at all ,

Video in link below of Korea saying such

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/9915491/North-Korea-threatens-nuclear-strike-against-US.html

"(North Korea will) exercise its right to launch preemptive nuclear strike against invaders' stronghold.
    (Key Resolve/Foal Eagle *these are the US training excercises to deter Korea* ) is an exercise of launching nuclear war against North Korea that aims for preemptive strike. Gone are the chances to resolve this by diplomatic means, but only military response remains."
    "Forging so-called 'Resolutions' in United Nations Security Council to justify their invasion, and undergoing invasion while acting under the guise of UN Peacekeepers is a hackneyed method of war for United States. (They are) looking for a way out of their domestic economic crisis by provoking a 2nd Chosun (Korean) War.
    "As long as the United States is trying to light the fuse of nuclear war, our revolutionary might is going to exercise the right of a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the invaders' stronghold to protect this nation's prime interest.
    "The UNSC's playing with anti-DPRK sanction resolution adoption under the lead of United States will only make our stronger second and third response measures to take place in advance.
    "(We) solemnly warn UNSC not to repeat sinful mistake again. (Towards UNSC) They must disband United Nations Command, which is a tool for United State's invasion, and they must carry out measures that will end Korea's current state of war."

"As long as the United States attempts to light the fuse of nuclear war, (we) will exercise the right for preemptive nuclear strike on the aggressor's homeland/base... At a time when a second Korean War has become difficult to avoid, we solemnly warn the UN Security Council not to repeat the sinful/criminal mistakes."

Whole thread and discussion with numerous links
    http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/19u5mp/n_korea_threatens_preemptive_nuclear_strike/
    The proposed sanctions North Korea called an "act of war" (summarized from here ), which the Security Council passed a few hours later:
    -Ban on exporting luxury goods to North Korea (intended to target goods used by North Korea's elite)
    -Freeze on all North Korean money thought to be connected to missile programs
    -Ban on financial support for anything related to missile programs
    -Travel sanctions that would effectively force out all expats working for North Korean ventures
    -All North Korean cargo must be inspected
    -3 arms dealers and 2 international organizations have been specifically targeted and sanctioned (from here )

I had planned to travel to S.Korea to teach...not so sure anymore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

I don't care anymore tbh, sooner i'm out of here the better......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Might be more bluster, but threatening the US with pre-emptive nuclear strikes can only end badly, for North Korea.

NK behaving like a massive suicidal cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

North Korea: The jack russell of international affairs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Looks like tensions are escalating further.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21709917

I would not want to be in Seoul right now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Honest question, but how many nukes would it take for the states to wipe North Korea off the face of the planet? Tiny country with very small amount of nukes -vs- very big country with lots and lots of nukes. This isn't USSR cold war stuff, this is an idiot poking a bear with a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

May as well get it over with, been stirring for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

The sorks should prepare for a sneak attack and then stage a false flag
    and hit the norks, I am assuming that the norks don't really have any nukes that are weaponised and actually work.

The war would be over in 3 days.

orestes wrote: »
    Honest question, but how many nukes would it take for the states to wipe North Korea off the face of the planet? Tiny country with very small amount of nukes -vs- very big country with lots and lots of nukes. This isn't USSR cold war stuff, this is poking a bear with a stick.

Not much, but then again the US is simply not allowed use Nukes(is that right?). They got away with it before, but murdering an entire Nation of people is just ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

where do you get the idea they "arent allowed?" and "got away with it" ? they brought a bloody war against a ruthless enemy who attacked them first to an end japan got nuked because nothing more would of ended that war bar a invasion of the home islands and **** knows how many deaths.

Besides china and america could just steam roller through nk the south could likely do it on their own if they wanted this is a complete non issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Why can't we all just get along!

orestes wrote: »
    Honest question, but how many nukes would it take for the states to wipe North Korea off the face of the planet? Tiny country with very small amount of nukes -vs- very big country with lots and lots of nukes. This isn't USSR cold war stuff, this is an idiot poking a bear with a stick.

Wing Attack plan R to the 843rd bomb wing

2 B-83 bombs set for 1.2 megaton yield would suffice dropped by a single B2 bomber
    on a single pass
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B83_nuclear_bomb

Primary Target Pyongsong ( not to be confused with Pyongyang )
    Secondary target Hamhung

Estimated Nork losses of 10 Megadeaths
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megadeath

megadeath rock on you crazy north korean bastards \m/_(^_^)_\m/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

2 B-83 set for 1.2 megaton yield would suffice dropped by a single B2 bomber
    on a single pass
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B83_nuclear_bomb

Primary Target Pyongsong ( not to be confused with Pyongyang )
    Secondary target Hamhung

Estimated Nork losses of 10 Megadeaths

Not megadeath, I love that band.

bizmark wrote: »
    where do you get the idea they "arent allowed?" and "got away with it" ? they brought a bloody war against a ruthless enemy who attacked them first to an end japan got nuked because nothing more would of ended that war bar a invasion of the home islands and **** knows how many deaths.

Besides china and america could just steam roller through nk the south could likely do it on their own if they wanted this is a complete non issue

I don't know, I thought it was simply heavily frowned upon to even consider nukes in this day and age, By everyone...in the world...except North Korea. wasn't it the US who propsed the ban on development of Nuclear weapons? Due to the massive risk they hold?Anyway I don't think i'll ever agree with using nukes against Japan. Should have nuked off shore or a deserted part of Japan before taking out cities full of innocent people. Imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

bit of drama I suppose.

wonder if China is 'havin a laff', or if nut boy really is acting independently?

nah. he's only in power coz China gave the nod.

So, the question is, what's China playing at?

Hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

So when is this movie coming out again?

Not megadeath, I love that band.

The band is named after the unit/term
    It is an actual unit/term from the cold war
    Megadeath is a term for one million deaths by nuclear explosion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

A lot less deaths than detonating two atomic bombs over highly populated cities.

Of course the economic cost of waging war for a few more months would have been higher, which is what I suspect may have been one of the main contributory factors for using them.

• Advertisement

Listen To Buck, Use your Nukes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Ah now, the US targeted cities not military strongholds. In Hiroshima 80,000 men, women and children vaporized instantly. The radiation brought this death toll up to 130,000 by the end of the year. 70% of the cities building destroyed. Nagasaki 75,000 were killed with tens of thousands dying later due to the radiation. Not to mention the fire bombing which preceded the nukes. 100,000 were killed in Tokyo due to this.

America targeted civilians.

Revisionism history is easy to do when sitting 70 years in the future in all due respect.

The united states estimated anything from 250,000 casualties to 4 million on their side alone and maybe up to 10 million Japanese their only concern at the time and the only one anyone should ever expect of them is to preserve their own people at the expense of their enemy thats war a war they didnt start.

And thats before you even get into the whole total war and no ones really innocent if they are working in a munitions plant or indirectly supporting the war effort in some way mentality

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭blackwave

More posturing by North Korea trying to be one of the big boys again, only problem is they are liable to do anything. The leadership there are the only country atm which I think that are batsh1t crazy enough to use a nuke on a neighbor even if the fallout could potentially fall onto their country. They are proven over the past they don't care for their population. I think they are facing isolation even from their closest ally now in China, theres more pressure coming on China to act responsibly in international affairs and the incoming leadership are supposedly meant to be more interested in working with the West compared to previous incumbents.

However I dont think that will stop NK if they get it in their head that they need to prove themselves on the world stage. Hopefully this will blow over but the brinkmanship sees just keeping going on and the stakes are getting higher and higher. Also I think America might be reluctant to use a nuke on North Korea due to the possibility of China fallout on which would never go down well particularly with relations being somewhat tense lately. So its kinda left to North Korea to show their hand first and god knows what that could be. for now its going to keep going in the cycle of North Korea testing nukes and the international community imposing sanctions and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

They must blame the south for the death of Kim Jong il .

The united states estimated anything from 250,000 casualties to 4 million on their side alone

Japan were responsible for 250,000-4 million American deaths?

And thats before you even get into the whole total war and no ones really innocent if they are working in a munitions plant or indirectly supporting the war effort in some way mentality
    Wow! I've read some amount of claptrap on here but really?? I'm guessing Dresden was justified in your eyes as well.

If america invaded the home islands thoses where the estimates

I think that is such a pile of piss

• Advertisement

Why can't we all just get along!

starviewadams, we are rapidly approaching a moment of truth both for ourselves as human beings and for the life of our nation. Now, the truth is not always a pleasant thing, but it is necessary now make a choice, to choose between two admittedly regrettable, but nevertheless, distinguishable post-war environments: one where you got 1 USA megadeath, and the other where you got a 10 North Korean Megadeaths.

Advertisement