Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Korea v USA Mega Merge.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Can't see why he would want to "liberate" his country as in doing so he'll almost certainly lose the absolute power he currently enjoys!

Maybe he doesn't want the power? Bet he feels it's a bit of a dose. Defect thoughts big time. And the whole country too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

chakotha wrote: »
    Maybe he doesn't want the power? Bet he feels it's a bit of a dose. Defect thoughts big time. And the whole country too.

Maybe he realised what a **** hole stuck in the 1950's country he inherited and has decided feck this for a games of card in His best (Dublin accent )
    How do I get out of this
    Ohhhhhhh yeah say I'm going to nuke america and south Korea and Japan ,
    And hope they put him out of his misery

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Can't see why he would want to "liberate" his country as in doing so he'll almost certainly lose the absolute power he currently enjoys!
    Maybe he realised what a **** hole stuck in the 1950's country he inherited and has decided feck this for a games of card in His best (Dublin accent )
    How do I get out of this

It will be interesting to see because it's hard to see where they're coming from!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I've absolutely no idea how sound this information is:
    Friday, April 12, the US raised its nuclear alert status to DEFCON 3, Condition Yellow (out of 5 levels), stating “There are currently no imminent nuclear threats against the United States at this time, however the situation is considered fluid and can change rapidly.” Many believe that North Korea will launch their test missile on or about April 15. Japan has instructed its armed forces to shoot down any North Korean missile that heads toward its territory.
    http://www.debka.com/article/22893/US-raises-nuclear-alert-to-DEFCON-3-China-mobilizes-masses-troops-on-North-Korean-border

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Well I'm quoting someone so I don't really care :pac:
    The boy who cried wolf reference was about Kim not you .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

True!

Myself and my OH woke to a shaking bed at half 5 this morning, and not for the good reason :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Nothing is going to happen with this situation. Nobody has anything to gain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Did Fatty Head not have his Wheatabix then this morning??

Nothing is going to happen with this situation. Nobody has anything to gain

Getting Maggie Thatcher off the main news headlines isnt something to gain then,no???:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Hitchens

paddy147 wrote: »
    Getting Maggie Thatcher off the main news headlines isnt something to gain then,no???:pac::D

Mags would have loved young Un :pac:

• Advertisement

Hitchens wrote: »
    Mags would have loved young Un :pac:

That just gives me the shivvers.....:pac:

Imagine what the love child would look like?????:eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

paddy147 wrote: »
    That just gives me the shivvers.....:pac:

Imagine what the love child would look like?????:eek::pac:

Eurgh...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Duggy747 wrote: »

ah here.......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Seems the Chinese and Americans are now working together to build some kind of dialogue process with North Korea to dial down the tensions:
    China and the US have vowed to work together to persuade North Korea to give up its nuclear programme and to settle tensions through dialogue.

A Chinese statement issued during a visit by US Secretary of State John Kerry said the nuclear issue was the "shared responsibility of all parties".

Mr Kerry said the two sides must decide "very quickly" how to proceed.

North Korea has recently threatened nuclear attacks, and is feared to be preparing a missile launch.

More : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22131316

Seems Beijing's getting sick and tired of Pyongyang's threats to its neighbours.

Duggy747 wrote: »

Not bad actually.....:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Panorama special, North Korea Undercover on BBC at 8.30pm. Monday.

zerks wrote: »

7 hours without any post I was actually worried there

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gatling wrote: »
    7 hours without any post I was actually worried there

The silence from NK is actually more worrying than them spouting war cries.

The silence from NK is actually more worrying than them spouting war cries.

Its weird we've had Daily threats for over 2 weeks now

Silence is never good

Maybe Monday might bring something

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Its weird we've had Daily treats for over 2 weeks now

Silence is never good

Maybe Monday might bring something

I really hope that was intentional, because it perfectly sums up how the media have been dealing with the whole thing.. repeating the rhetoric and providing the fat for the masses to chew on.

• Advertisement

I really hope that was intentional, because it perfectly sums up how the media have been dealing with the whole thing.. repeating the rhetoric and providing the fat for the masses to chew on.

Doooooh just actually copped that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's their dead (but still technically in office) president's birthday on Monday which is what has me wondering if something's going to go off.

Quite an odd setup they have, he's the "Eternal President of the Republic" which is an oxymoron as it's effectively making him a god/monarch, something that's completely contrary to the definition of a republic.

I don't think that Panorama will be aired. There are some fears that showing it could also endanger the students that were involved in the filming. Forged documents to get them into Korea et al. BBC may be in a bit of trouble again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Solair wrote: »
    Quite an odd setup they have, he's the "Eternal President of the Republic" which is an oxymoron as it's effectively making him a god/monarch, something that's completely contrary to the definition of a republic.

Well that would be the DPRK in a nutshell then wouldnt it? :p
    A republic is a form of government in which the country is considered a "public matter" (Latin: res publica), not the private concern or property of the rulers, and where offices of state are subsequently directly or indirectly elected or appointed rather than inherited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

With all this talk of democracy, and the US trying to enforce their version of it. One thing that puzzles me is the people, yes they are people held in degrading conditions, in the little place the US has control of in Cuba, are being forced feed over their hunger strike. 80% of these internees are free to go, they have committed no crime. Where is democracy, freedom, and the right to life. Is it for other countries to obey the rules, or is the US immune to the constrains they put on others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

With all this talk of democracy, and the US trying to enforce their version of it. One thing that puzzles me is the people, yes they are people held in degrading conditions, in the little place the US has control of in Cuba, are being forced feed over their hunger strike. 80% of these internees are free to go, they have committed no crime. Where is democracy, freedom, and the right to life. Is it for other countries to obey the rules, or is the US immune to the constrains they put on others.
    Doesnt seem to have any relevance to thread... :confused:

they have committed no crime. Where is democracy, freedom, and the right to life. Is it for other countries to obey the rules, or is the US immune to the constrains they put on others.

Oh not more of this

They were all illegal combatants ie terrorist ,jihadis,extremely dangerous people ,of course there all innocent ,
    Wonder why no countries are stepping forward opening there arms welcoming these people ,

Korea isn't the US or Gitmo

Matt Simis wrote: »

IMO if you take the high moral ground you must show an example of what it means to live in a free society. Bradley Manning would not be a good example of the free world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Matt Simis wrote: »

Hi! I paused my ad-block tonight and am astonished by how many ads are on the internet these days.

• Advertisement

Oh not more of this

They were all illegal combatants ie terrorist ,jihadis,extremely dangerous people ,of course there all innocent ,
    Wonder why no countries are stepping forward opening there arms welcoming these people ,

Korea isn't the US or Gitmo

Terrorist one day, leaders another day, Look at what is happening in Afghanistan, the enemy is part of discussions as to the future of the country that the invaders wanted to expel.
    Life moves on, the guys that want to hold on to the prison in Cuba, are only protecting their back.

Advertisement