Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Korea v USA Mega Merge.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

TheUsual wrote: »
    Back before the CIA killed Ghadaffi - all his bodyguards were 6 feet tall beauties, all like supermodels.

I guess assassins lose all power around them and then they kill you with their high heel shoes.

Did they kill him with their machine gun jubblies?

US calling NK's bluff
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22120623
    US Secretary of State John Kerry has said an anticipated missile launch by North Korea would be a "provocative act" and "huge mistake".

The North has moved two missiles to its east coast and South Korea is on alert.

Speaking in Seoul, Mr Kerry reconfirmed the US's commitment to protecting itself and its allies.

But he played down a US report that the North has a nuclear warhead, saying it was "inaccurate" to suggest it has "a working and tested" device.

Later, White House spokesman Jay Carney said Pyongyang had "not demonstrated the capability to deploy a nuclear-armed missile".

Looks like the US is getting fed up with all the posturing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

US calling NK's bluff

Yeah I don't think this is a good move by the US. Looks like they are daring NK to do something

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

US calling NK's bluff

Another weekend of sitting on boards.ie waiting for the kickoff

Gatling wrote: »
    Another weekend of sitting on boards.ie waiting for the kickoff
    Doubt it! A bit more posturing and then Kim'll quietly claim "victory" while doing nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Tabnabs wrote: »
    A great series of photos of NK soldiers and civilians on the Chinese border

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/slideshow?articleId=USRTR2C8ND#a=40

Looks like a bit of craic :pac:

No. 29 - North Korean soldier takes a leak!!!

No. 38 - What's that man doing coming down that rickety ladder naked? Has a sniper a rifle trained on him - you will come down that ladder and look happy doing it or else..

Some of those are the strangest photos I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

Yeah I don't think this is a good move by the US. Looks like they are daring NK to do something

I am all for NK taking it exactly that way - sometimes you will have to sacrifice an individual to save a family, a family to save a village, a village to save a country etc. I don't mind if US took one wrong step here to get a raise out of Kim Jong-current guy and so that he will give US a reason to act - there are too many suffering there already and the longer you leave it the stronger NK is going to get from a nuclear capability point of view, and perhaps might even sell them to terrorist organizations and what not for expensive booze, cars or whatever that guy fancies. It got this bad exactly because no one did anything about it.. no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

positron wrote: »
    I am all for NK taking it exactly that way - sometimes you will have to sacrifice an individual to save a family, a family to save a village, a village to save a country etc. I don't mind if US took one wrong step here to get a raise out of Kim Jong-current guy and so that he will give US a reason to act - there are too many suffering there already and the longer you leave it the stronger NK is going to get from a nuclear capability point of view, and perhaps might even sell them to terrorist organizations and what not for expensive booze, cars or whatever that guy fancies. It got this bad exactly because no one did anything about it.. no?

Well to some extent I agree. Something needs to be done. But it needs China involved. If the US are seen to provoke NK that makes China less likely to be involved.

Its one of those things if they decide to do something it needs to be done properly. USA, South Korea +/- Japan from one side, China from the other. Oust the leaders in a few days. Roll in the food trucks. With some agreed plan form the outset for a new government. Most likely some form of temporary USA/South Korea/China/North Korean joint governing structure until the country can stand by itself with free elections. Freely elected NK government to hold election on reunification with SK.

It needs doing properly. Or not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

Hmm, I agree in principle, but I don't think it can be that simple, quick and clean - not with millions of brainwashed people. To convince them that the family is truly no more in power, or the military is not coming back to power in a few years, or those camps won't be reopened etc - I think it would need some show of strength in one form or other - at least an extended media campaign if not an armed campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No. 29 - North Korean soldier takes a leak!!!

No. 38 - What's that man doing coming down that rickety ladder naked? Has a sniper a rifle trained on him - you will come down that ladder and look happy doing it or else..

Some of those are the strangest photos I've ever seen.

No 5 A North Korean soldier kicks a goat :D

No 18 She is kinda hot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Well to some extent I agree. Something needs to be done. But it needs China involved. If the US are seen to provoke NK that makes China less likely to be involved.

Its one of those things if they decide to do something it needs to be done properly. USA, South Korea +/- Japan from one side, China from the other. Oust the leaders in a few days. Roll in the food trucks. With some agreed plan form the outset for a new government. Most likely some form of temporary USA/South Korea/China/North Korean joint governing structure until the country can stand by itself with free elections. Freely

China would probably not want to be seen to be supporting free elections abroad while refusing such things at home. It might cause an uprising!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Its one of those things if they decide to do something it needs to be done properly. USA, South Korea +/- Japan from one side, China from the other. Oust the leaders in a few days. Roll in the food trucks. With some agreed plan form the outset for a new government. Most likely some form of temporary USA/South Korea/China/North Korean joint governing structure until the country can stand by itself with free elections. Freely elected NK government to hold election on reunification with SK.

In an ideal world, that'd be the situation.

in our world, it'll be another Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Are we expecting something Monday possibly then?

5.8 magnitude earthquake hit Japan Kim must have fallen out of his bunk bed ,

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Kim's probably passed the point of no return

They've launched test missiles on trajectories over Japan in the last few years.

After this rant the risk (and expense) of another flare up just cannot be taken again.

With John Kerry on the scene it will be interesting to hear NK's response because it must be their last chance.

On a total whimsical possibility, what if Kim's an extremely shrewd young operator and, if he truly is the supreme leader, and if it is he that is leading this whole show, and with the fact that he has been educated in, and no doubt influenced by Europe, that this is a gambit to liberate his country and oust the old guard.

He is up sh1t creek now though however you look at it.

5.8 magnitude earthquake hit Japan Kim must have fallen out of his bunk bed ,

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/12/us-japan-quake-idUSBRE93B13Q20130412
    (Reuters) - A 6.0 magnitude earthquake hit western Japan early on Saturday, but there were no immediate reports of damage and no tsunami warning was issued, the nation's meteorological agency reported.

Nothing unusual by Japanese standards.

chakotha wrote: »
    Kim's probably passed the point of no return

They've launched test missiles on trajectories over Japan in the last few years.

After this rant the risk (and expense) of another flare up just cannot be taken again.

With John Kerry on the scene it will be interesting to hear NK's response because it must be their last chance.

On a total whimsical possibility, what if Kim's an extremely shrewd young operator and, if he truly is the supreme leader, and if it is he that is leading this whole show, and with the fact that he has been educated in, and no doubt influenced by Europe, that this is a gambit to liberate his country and oust the old guard.

He is up sh1t creek now though however you look at it.
    Can't see why he would want to "liberate" his country as in doing so he'll almost certainly lose the absolute power he currently enjoys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Come on quit it with those common sense statements.

99.99999% nothing is going to happen with this situation so stop trying to deflate the hype.

People have spent ages trying to sex up this situation.

We're all doomed right.:eek::D

Ranicand wrote: »
    Come on quit it with those common sense statements.

99.99999% nothing is going to happen with this situation so stop trying to deflate the hype.

People have spent ages trying to sex up this situation.

We're all doomed right.:eek::D

We here weeks ,
    Weekend's spent refreshing the page ,

Doooomed - were all War Mongering Social Outcast's

Kim better kick off I want my sexlife back :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I can't wait for Rocky VII (Adrian's Revenge) where Adrian has to fight a North Korean Chick after rocky is paralysed in an exhibition bout by NKC's husband

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    I can't wait for Rocky VII (Adrian's Revenge) where Adrian has to fight a North Korean Chick after rocky is paralysed in an exhibition bout by NKC's husband

You've never heard of Rhonda Rousey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You've never heard of Rhonda Rousey

No. Google tells me she is a UFC fighter who doesn't like transsexuals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

A lad on Facebook posted to a North Korea page saying "Hey North Korea, Barack Obama says yere all squinty eyes cnuts! Don't shoot then messenger...."

:pac:

efb wrote: »
    No. Google tells me she is a UFC fighter who doesn't like transsexuals

Correction transgender mma fighter with a man's bone and muscle structure ,

Rhonda to star in Rambo 5
    Rambo with PMS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Correction transgender mma fighter with a man's bone and muscle structure ,

Rhonda to star in Rambo 5
    Rambo with PMS

Ronda is going to get a whipping from cyborg when she stops ducking her! Trying to be all diaz and ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

A lad on Facebook posted to a North Korea page saying "Hey North Korea, Barack Obama says yere all squinty eyes cnuts! Don't shoot then messenger...."

:pac:
    thousands of NK's as we speak are now flicking through their translation books and their response is '' velly bad manz ...die mudda****ahhhs '' (shakes fists )

At this stage , The boy who cried wolf springs to mind .

gallag wrote: »
    Ronda is going to get a whipping from cyborg when she stops ducking her! Trying to be all diaz and ****.

Cyborg minus her special vitamin supplements

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Latchy wrote: »
    thousands of NK's as we speak are now flicking through their translation books and their response is '' velly bad manz ...die mudda****ahhhs '' (shakes fists )

At this stage , The boy who cried wolf springs to mind .

Well I'm quoting someone so I don't really care :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Cyborg minus her special vitamin supplements

Just a little something to help her cut weight ;-)

• Advertisement

gallag wrote: »
    Just a little something to help her cut weight ;-)

Sylvester Stallone said the same

Damn you Kim

Were fighting over chicks now

Advertisement