Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Korea v USA Mega Merge.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It seems that there are concerns that North Korea may have developed the ability to put a nuclear warhead on top of a ballistic missile. They didn't have this technology before now.

That makes it quite a bit more urgent to get some kind of end to this situation a.s.a.p.

LA Times Article:
    http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-north-korea-nuclear-warheads-20130411,0,2231502.story
    WASHINGTON -- A U.S. intelligence agency has concluded that North Korea has developed nuclear warheads small enough to fit on a ballistic missile, a congressman disclosed Thursday.

At a House armed services committee hearing focused on the budget, Rep. Doug Lamborn (R-Colo.) read from what he said was an unclassified portion of a classified Defense Intelligence Agency study that states, "DIA assesses with moderate confidence the North currently has nuclear weapons capable of delivery by ballistic missiles. However, the reliability will be low."

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hmmm, sounds a bit dubious and almost as if the US are trying their best to ramp up the fear to give them excuses to act.

Not that I wouldn't want a nation to act to preempt nuclear war, but it just seems like the usual sensationalist garbage they feed their nation so they can do what they want.

I'm sure if there was any chance of them sticking a nuclear warhead onto a missile it would be plastered all over Sky News about now.

In fact, when all the usual new stations aren't reporting on it I go over to CNN for a bit of North Korea drama :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hmmm, sounds a bit dubious and almost as if the US are trying their best to ramp up the fear to give them excuses to act.

Not that I wouldn't want a nation to act to preempt nuclear war, but it just seems like the usual sensationalist garbage they feed their nation so they can do what they want.

I'm sure if there was any chance of them sticking a nuclear warhead onto a missile it would be plastered all over Sky News about now.

In fact, when all the usual new stations aren't reporting on it I go over to CNN for a bit of North Korea drama :pac:

Sky news are brutal unless they have a man/ woman on the ground ,there usually. Behind Reuters for news certainly wouldnt listen to the LA times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Gatling wrote: »
    Sky news are brutal unless they have a man/ woman on the ground ,there usually. Behind Reuters for news certainly wouldnt listen to the LA times

They are still ****e then - all that happens is that their reporter on the ground gives a running commentary on what you can see happening in the background with your own eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They are still ****e then - all that happens is that their reporter on the ground gives a running commentary on what you can see happening in the background with your own eyes

Don't for get the Libya classic were driving at high speed up the road 2 mins later were now driving back down the same road at high speed

• Advertisement

Also on CNN : http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/11/world/asia/koreas-tensions/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Sky's stuck on Mrs Thatcher at the moment and nothing will shake them from that coverage. They've a tendency to just stick with one big story for days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Jarhead comes to mind

I hate you. I had successfully forgotten about that piece of tripe for months, and you go and put it back into my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭bilston

And yet when there's a major breaking news story I bet you watch it

bilston wrote: »
    And yet when there's a major breaking news story I bet you watch it

No I usually just use the internet. I often find threads here more up to date than the news channels

• Registered Users Posts: 17,913 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

No I usually just use the internet. I often find threads here more up to date than the news channels

Exactly more thanks to twitter than anything else

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

North Korea warned Japan Friday that Tokyo would be the first target in the event of a war on the Korean Peninsula if it continues to maintain its hostile posture.

Source

More rhetoric and bile from NK

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Source

More rhetoric and bile from NK

Yeah, I agree, I seriously don't think they'd be THAT stupid.

Do they seriously expect Japan to just sit there watching NK's potentially wonky nukes fly over one of the most densely populated places on the planet?

I would think the Japanese Government would have a duty of care to the residents of Japan to shoot anything potentially hostile down that might cross their country.

NK's logic is ridiculous. It's hardly a hostile act to defend yourself against missiles.

NK are acting like the school bully who goes around pushing the other kids and constantly asking 'are ye startin ??? are ye ??? are ye startin ????'

This may be the result:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

At least the US have made it strongly clear to NK that they will not allow them to become a nuclear power .Once Kim and his Generals get their heads around that they either act and risk becoming isolated ,with only China ( who they greatly rely on for most resources ) as an alley .If the Chinese come over to the US side then Kim & co are fcuked .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

That tough Kerry man has just laid it on the line for them ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hitchens wrote: »
    That tough Kerry man has just laid it on the line for them ;)

"Just fire the nuke of else shut the fcuk up".....:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

***Breaking News****

They haven't attacked yet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've prepared a speech for Barack Obama in relation to this issue, it's "Come at me bro"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

WindSock wrote: »
    ***Breaking News****

They haven't attacked yet

What about now?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

ScumLord wrote: »
    I've prepared a speech for Barack Obama in relation to this issue, it's "Come at me bro"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22120623

'Come at me Bro'

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Anyone hear PSYs new song.

Its absolute MUCK.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fcuk... I hope they do attack now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

That's just the exact same fùckin' song.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A great series of photos of NK soldiers and civilians on the Chinese border

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/slideshow?articleId=USRTR2C8ND#a=40

Looks like a bit of craic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Photo 7...whats going on there then ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

• Registered Users Posts: 17,913 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Whats up with the lady soldiers in those bizarre high heels? Cant be very helpful in combat. Althought maybe they are part of the super secret sex squad

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

SeaFields wrote: »
    Photo 7...whats going on there then ;):D

Dunno, but I think i've found a new revenue stream for north korea :)

paddy147 wrote: »
    Anyone hear PSYs new song.

Its absolute MUCK.:pac:

Much like the previous one so...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

VinLieger wrote: »
    Whats up with the lady soldiers in those bizarre high heels? Cant be very helpful in combat. Although maybe they are part of the super secret sex squad

Back before the CIA killed Ghadaffi - all his bodyguards were 6 feet tall beauties, all like supermodels.

I guess assassins lose all power around them and then they kill you with their high heel shoes.

Advertisement