Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Korea v USA Mega Merge.

Options

Comments

old hippy wrote: »
    For the sake of my family in the region, I'd rather they didn't, thanks all the same. :mad:

wow, sorry to hear that. Can I ask, is it easy enough to stay in contact with them, and are they worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Latchy wrote: »
    Like the long winter we've just had , this cold phoney war just drags on and on and I'm bored to fcuk with it all .

God love you... bored. :rolleyes:
    [QUOTE=Dublin Red Devil;8409640

]You want those people in NK to suffer for the rest of their lives? It's about time the world took action. This pr1ck needs to be stopped? It will continue for generations if something isn't done. The time for talking is over.[/QUOTE]

Yeah because every country where foreign forces have interfered in for the good is now at peace and the indigenous civilians are living happy and fulfilled lives. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

So is this over then? It was all just political d1ck swinging?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Yeah, Kim has sent a pm to boards saying this thread can be locked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Or piiss flap tipping, is he really a he, or just a she heee heee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Well PSY is due to launch his new single tomorrow. It's due to hit 119 nations, making it a lot more accurate than NKs missiles. I cant help but feel that this will be the biggest disaster to come from the Korean Peninsula this week.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2013/04/12/entertainment-news/psy-promises-eventful-launch/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The best thing to come out of this so far is watching CNN's "Situation Room" and the presenter that has a name that's ideal for war coverage Wolf Blitzer :D

What a name!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Jake1 wrote: »
    wow, sorry to hear that. Can I ask, is it easy enough to stay in contact with them, and are they worried?

Yes, we talk to them every few days. Not worried at this current moment but the anti-missile defences are stationed near to where they live...

It's certainly a talking point! We're probably more worried than they are...

You want those people in NK to suffer for the rest of their lives? It's about time the world took action. This pr1ck needs to be stopped? It will continue for generations if something isn't done. The time for talking is over.

And the time for using force is now, is it?

Silly, silly pumpkin. Read up on the history and politics of the region before you post again, eh?

All well and good for pumpkins and turnips to spout out ludicrous "lets bomb them" rhetoric - but such a shame such vegetables have not clue what that might involve and the toll it would take.

Fock me, I'm signing off tonight before one of the crop causes me to say something bannable :mad:

Yes, we talk to them every few days. Not worried at this current moment but the anti-missile defences are stationed near to where they live...

It's certainly a talking point! We're probably more worried than they are...

Yeah, I can imagine you would be more worried. Fingers crossed it will all pass and they'll be ok .

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I can imagine you would be more worried. Fingers crossed it will all pass and they'll be ok .

That's what we hope, Jake. All this advocating war and action is frustrating and of no use, whatsoever.:(

Peace out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

No. None of those poor fcukers wanted to be the one to have call Kim at launch time and tell him the launcher wouldn't work. Just making sure it's working is all.

By the way, this launch is just a missile test. Just like the one the US were going to launch today. One law for them, another for everyone else. The US cancelled their launch because they did not want to piss the N.Koreans off. Maybe should have thought of that before dumping dummy nukes out of B2 bombers 50 miles from the N. Korean border last week. Kim and his mates are a pack of despicable cnuts, but the US and S. Korea are not totally blameless for stoking this crap up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

The last thing I expected when facing into a potential nuclear holocaust was to be bored by it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

That's what we hope, Jake. All this advocating war and action is frustrating and of no use, whatsoever.:(

Peace out.

And the hundreds of thousands of Koreans in the labour camps? Will peace help them? War is sometimes needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

gallag wrote: »
    And the hundreds of thousands of Koreans in the labour camps? Will peace help them? War is sometimes needed.

If a war does start, NK will be blown to pieces and these people in the camps will all be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

CiaranK wrote: »
    If a war does start, NK will be blown to pieces and these people in the camps will all be dead.
    So I guess you think NK fits in say... your garden for that comment to makes sense. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Hitchens wrote: »
    Yeah, Kim has sent a pm to boards saying this thread can be locked :D

http://blogs.reuters.com/ian-bremmer/files/2013/04/RTR31O2D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thrill wrote: »
    does he sleep with all those guys gazing lovingly at him? :rolleyes:

Matt Simis wrote: »
    So I guess you think NK fits in say... your garden for that comment to makes sense. :confused:

I just mean that if North Korea is getting bombed by US and South Korea and whoever else may do the same there is a good chance that the camps will be hit.

This is interesting http://www.nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

hmmm wrote: »
    The last thing I expected when facing into a potential nuclear holocaust was to be bored by it.
    I hate to break this to you but war is mostly boredom and the bits that aren't boring make you really wish they were

I just mean that if North Korea is getting bombed by US and South Korea and whoever else may do the same there is a good chance that the camps will be hit.
    And what are you basing that on?
    US and SK would be systematically aiming at and removing military hardware and emplacements.. not carpet bombing prison camps full of starved and dying people (who are there mostly as they oppose Kim, but half the posters on this thread seem to not give 2 $hits about them and want to continue an appeasement policy at the cost of the NK people).

Seriously, if they didnt target and bomb prison/death camps 70 years ago, they sure as fk arent going to do it today and get reamed for it on the world stage.
    http://www.britannica.com/blogs/2007/04/why-the-allies-didn%E2%80%99t-bomb-the-death-camps-part-i/
    And that was in an era where military targets were not even remotely "painted" by modern guidance systems and they might have presented themselves as viable targets as forced labour helping the Nazi regime..

PS: The nuke map is quite cool in fairness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

God love you... bored. :rolleyes:

''Yawn ''...^ boring post and stupid roll eyes .( have one back ) :rolleyes:

hmmm wrote: »
    A-1

This whole game of will they ? won't they ? is like when you think there might be a burglar or stalker outside your house ,your not sure ,so you call the police for assistance only to get a '' please leave a message ...we will endure to get back to you asap '' ...so you wait ...and wait ...and wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Can we now officially add Kim to the big list of "Timewasters"? I for one will be having nothing to do with him if he rings up looking to buy the Corolla I'm selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

SHOCK.
    HORROR.
    THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS.

50% of the posters here are bored teenagers dying for some end of the world nuclear exchange.
    50% know that there's nothing going on, as happens every year, but are trolling.

Can we now officially add Kim to the big list of "Timewasters"? I for one will be having nothing to do with him if he rings up looking to buy the Corolla I'm selling.

"will ya throw in the oul alloys, boss?" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I hate to break this to you but war is mostly boredom and the bits that aren't boring make you really wish they were
    Indeed but it won't be boredom that kills off any survivors of a Nuclear war .

Whatever the west and other main players know about NK intentions and their own response to , they sure as hell aren't going to tell the world about it ...just yet

Matt Simis wrote: »
    And what are you basing that on?
    US and SK would be systematically aiming at and removing military hardware and emplacements.. not carpet bombing prison camps full of starved and dying people (who are there mostly as they oppose Kim, but half the posters on this thread seem to not give 2 $hits about them and want to continue an appeasement policy at the cost of the NK people).

Seriously, if they didnt target and bomb prison/death camps 70 years ago, they sure as fk arent going to do it today and get reamed for it on the world stage.
    http://www.britannica.com/blogs/2007/04/why-the-allies-didn%E2%80%99t-bomb-the-death-camps-part-i/
    And that was in an era where military targets were not even remotely "painted" by modern guidance systems and they might have presented themselves as viable targets as forced labour helping the Nazi regime..

PS: The nuke map is quite cool in fairness!

I didn't realise the camps were the way they are. I thought they were smaller and more hidden/some even unknown. I see now there's definitely a very slim chance they'd be hit.

The nuke maps is cool, it can give you an idea of the damage that could be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Jarhead comes to mind

• Advertisement

I didn't realise the camps were the way they are. I thought they were smaller and more hidden/some even unknown.

Yeah, I didnt actually watch it yet, but that Shame Smith guy from Vice TV (who did the earlier linked Guide to NK video) has a video of them visiting one, so cant be very hard to find them. I would imagine that they would indeed be somewhat "visible" as they perform a type of terrorism on the populace (ie this is where you end up if you disrespect Kim(s)).

Advertisement