Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Mar 2
    Lara/Castano
    Gill/Dominguez

Mar 8/9
    Dubois/Cojanu
    Porter/Ugas
    Bivol/Smith Jr

Mar 15/16/17
    Farmer/Carroll
    Taylor/Volante
    Spence/Garcia
    Benavidez/Love
    Conlan/Hernandez

Mar 23
    Edwards/Moreno
    Peterson/Lipinets

Mar 30
    Smith/Eggington
    Gvozdyk/Ngumbu

Tommy McCarthy from Belfast fighting on tonights card on Sky Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

TJ Doheny is upcoming soon so here's a good interview with the Champ explaining the arc in his career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pUQ2BQjfG4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    TJ Doheny is upcoming soon so here's a good interview with the Champ explaining the arc in his career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pUQ2BQjfG4

Gary Cully and Luke Keeler were on last nights episode,

not a bad little show

Boxing on TV this weekend (UK):

Mar 15, 9pm, FreeSports
    Frank-Wilton

Mar 15, 11pm, Sky Sports
    Farmer-Carroll
    Taylor-Volante

Mar 16, 5pm, Boxnation
    Lerena-Mann

Mar 17, 1am, ITV4
    Spence-Garcia
    Benavidez-Love
    Nery-Arroyo

Mar 17, 8.45pm, Boxnation
    Conlan-Hernandez
    Collazo-Vargas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Boxing on TV this weekend (UK):

Mar 15, 9pm, FreeSports
    Frank-Wilton

Mar 15, 11pm, Sky Sports
    Farmer-Carroll
    Taylor-Volante

Mar 16, 5pm, Boxnation
    Lerena-Mann

Mar 17, 1am, ITV4
    Spence-Garcia
    Benavidez-Love
    Nery-Arroyo

Mar 17, 8.45pm, Boxnation
    Conlan-Hernandez
    Collazo-Vargas

Is it possible to get ITV4 on the Eir platform?

megadodge wrote: »
    Is it possible to get ITV4 on the Eir platform?

doesn't look like it I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

lbc2019 wrote: »
    doesn't look like it I'm afraid.

You can watch on the ITV hub online - you might need a VPN though to show you are in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gormans opponent pulled out Kevin Johnson stepping up to fight him on Saturday

Peterson vs. Lipinets from last Sunday was a very good fight. Recommended viewing. ���� :cool::D

Yeah was gonna go but already saw Peterson getting a bad beating from Spence. He gave a good account of himself here but he's a fighter on the way down while Lipinets is definitely a slugger and nearly finished the home town guy in the 8th. While it was toe to toe and had some great action I wouldn't go so far as to say it is a fight of the year contender like some here.

Have a feeling Peterson will stick to his word about retirement but I have been wrong before!

• Advertisement

Could be termed an upcoming fight as Lewis fights more than most! But a fascinating insight into the life of a journeyman and their life overall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpg2ou0INZs

Declan Gerraghty v Marco McCullough for the IBF European in Ulster Hall in May

Ryan Burnett rumoured to be making a comeback on the show too

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Surprised not much chat about the lomochenko fight...Watched it this morning, he was absolutely amazing...Think it's the best I've ever seen him...Not sure who could come close to beating him...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

It's a shame 135 is so thin. I really like Teofimo Lopez but realistically he needs a couple of more fights before he'd be near ready. Mikey Garcia if he goes back down to 135 is a 50/50. Just can't see that happening given Mikey's relationship with Arum. Pity because Loma is crying out for the signature win.

Anyone else watch that fight? I think Hogan got robbed blind tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

Morrison J wrote: »
    Anyone else watch that fight? I think Hogan got robbed blind tbh.

He sure did, he had the perfect game plan. Even Munguia knew he’d lost. It’s hard to have any respect left for boxing. He was never going to get a decision against de la Hoyas cashcow in Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

It was a horrible decision, feel bad for Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Well done to Dennis Hogan. Couldn't watch him last night but I'll give it a go later. By almost all accounts he should be a light middleweight champion.

Being honest, I didn't think he'd put up much of a challenge, based mostly off his loss to Culcay but to be fair Culcay has proven himself to be a world class operator himself. Fair play to him. He's proven himself to be world class and hopefully he gets a few big fights and pay days for himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Had it a draw personally, I didn't think the cards were too bad. Has to be a gutting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Jesus Crolla was robbed wasnt he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

The Nal wrote: »
    Jesus Crolla was robbed wasnt he?

Lomachenko definitely stole the million dolla out of his nickname, or more like bankrupted him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Angliru wrote: »
    Lomachenko definitely stole the million dolla out of his nickname, or more like bankrupted him.

Was a tough watch actually. Should've been stopped in the 3rd.

Another example of why Jacobs will have to KO Canelo in order to win next month. Golden Boy are the absolute worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Morrison J wrote: »
    Another example of why Jacobs will have to KO Canelo in order to win next month. Golden Boy are the absolute worst.

They are all as bad as each other. It's part of the game & we still keep watching. Fighters take the chance fighting knowing they may be robbed, sometimes blatantly. It hurts but you always know it's a highly possible outcome.

For the likes of Dennis Hogan, it can be worse. Title holders may avoid him now knowing he can spoil the party, especially when he's not connected with a major promoter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Was he a good amateur boxer here?

He was a very good amateur, but was having to compete with the likes of Darren Sutherland and Darren O'Neill, so maybe didn't achieve as much as someone of his ability normally would.

I've only seen little bits of the fight so far, but a real shame if he was robbed. The best he can probably hope for now is a rematch and a good payday.

boxer.fan wrote: »
    They are all as bad as each other. It's part of the game & we still keep watching. Fighters take the chance fighting knowing they may be robbed, sometimes blatantly. It hurts but you always know it's a highly possible outcome.

For the likes of Dennis Hogan, it can be worse. Title holders may avoid him now knowing he can spoil the party, especially when he's not connected with a major promoter.

I honestly think Golden Boy are in a tier of their own when it comes to their money fighters getting gifts though.

PBC had Jermell Charlo who they were lining up for a PPV fight with Jarrett Hurd lose a close fight with Tony Harrison. Top Rank had Lomachenko level with Linares on the cards at the time of the stoppage.

Golden Boy don't have many cash cows but with them its consistent. If you go to the cards it'll have to be a legit schooling ie Floyd v Canelo (and even then one of the cards somehow scored it a draw) in order to win. It's why I struggle to get behind Canelo as a top 5 P4P guy. Yes he's extremely talented but you can't overestimate the advantage he has knowing that if he wins 4 rounds they'll find a way to give him at least a draw.

Just watched the whole fight and kudos to Hogan for his aggression and confidence and overall I thought maybe he shaded it. Even Munguia had it as a draw. Sergio Mora on commentary said robbery was a strong word as he had it 7-5 Hogan.

What was really impressive was how Hogan came strong down the stretch especially that right in the 11th that rocked the Champion. Hogan showed no fear and controlled early through his jab and impressive footwork. Had he had power there would be no doubt who would be title holder now. Either Munguia had not done his homework or thought this would be a walkover but he was distracted and the constant looking at his corner during the latter rounds spoke volumes. On the other hand after every round Hogan had his arm raised and maybe this was counterproductive as judges can be influenced by multiple variables.

Apparently Munguia is going to move up to middleweight. Based on that performance he is in for a shock.

Immense respect for Hogan for going to Mexico and exposing the Champion despite being 12 years older. Controversial yes robbery no. Rematch? Talk is cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Taylor vs Persoon confirmed for the undercard of AJ vs Miller on June 1st

Looks like Baranchyk is finally confirmed for the Josh Taylor fight,

there was a lot floating around that he was pulling out and Ricky Burns was his replacement due to a payment dispute with WBSS.

will be a decent weekend of boxing:

Friday 17th - Burnett, McComb, Gerraghty v McCullough - (YouTube Live)
    Saturday 18th -WBSS - Taylor v Baranchyk / Inoue v Rodriguez - (YouTube ? )
    Saturday 18th - James Tennyson, Paul Hyland Jr, Victor Rabie, Feargal McRory, Tommy McCarthy - MHD show (prob not televised)
    Sat 18th - Billy Joe Saunders - BT
    Sat 18th - Wilder / Breazeale - Sky?
    Sat 18th - Povetkin is rumoured to be on a show in Chicago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

Garcia v Granados on ITV4. I keep forgetting ITV have a deal with PBC. Still, I think I'll watch Crawford v Khan.

Advertisement