Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Christ Benn really is an awful fighter.

Great action though tbf, will be involved in some crackers but is going to get sparked out sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Lomachenko v Luke Campbell

O2 London 31st august, already had booked flights/accommodation to go over when i heard of it first

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

gwalk wrote: »

O2 London 31st august, already had booked flights/accommodation to go over when i heard of it first

Campbell saying it's not confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Enjoy, its the one date I cant do the whole year, gutted I wont make it, hopefully another "superfight" like a Canelo or AJ fight get a UK venue in 2019 but doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Campbell should lose, but at least he has this opportunity rather than fighting in small venues in Philadelphia. John Joe if he had made better choices could be getting these kind of bouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Billy Dib Vs Khan should be entertaining if anything..

Nikitin out of the Feile show,

aparently conlan will be getting a bigger step up now, ill believe it when i see it mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

aparently conlan will be getting a bigger step up now, ill believe it when i see it mind

Don't think it'll take much to improve on Nikitin tbh. He's horrendous. Conlan would have knocked him out.

Anto Cacace has colled conlan out now,

dunno if MTK will let that happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Frampton confirmed for Philly 10th of August. Hope its as good as his last trip to the east coast!

I think we all knew he wouldn't retire after the Warrington fight. Still feel there's a wee bit more in him yet.

https://nyfights.com/worldwide/carl-frampton-to-fight-emmanuel-dominguez-aug-10-in-philly-on-espn/

Deigo Ruiz (21-2), never boxed outside of Argentina so dont know much about him

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Frampton confirmed for Philly 10th of August. Hope its as good as his last trip to the east coast!

I think we all knew he wouldn't retire after the Warrington fight. Still feel there's a wee bit more in him yet.

https://nyfights.com/worldwide/carl-frampton-to-fight-emmanuel-dominguez-aug-10-in-philly-on-espn/

Opponent was stopped by Jordan Gill in 3 rounds a few fights back and is 26-8, pretty poor even if it is a fight to shake off a few cobwebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

What are people's thoughts on Frampton and Conlan's fights? On paper they should be comfortably winning, or is there a potential bananna skin somewhere?

My worry with Frampton is motivation, looking towards his next fight and him being on the slide.

Luke Keeler v Luis Arias

Big step up from Conrad Cummings anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

The Feile card is brilliant.

Padraig McRory against Steve Collins Jnr, should be a good scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fitzparker

What's the update on this, still not officially announced with Campbell saying a few times...news coming.

I presume the date is in stone but arrangments with the venue? I remember hearne saying they would do it in Hull (KC Stadium) or 02 London

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭YoTaro

I have 3 tickets for sale for the Conlan fight as we now cant attend.
    If anyone is interested let me know.
    Face Value at 165euro for the 3

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

Any thoughts on Pacquiao vs Thurman? He'll do enough to keep Thurman edgy and on his bike and get a UD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Thurman has looked **** and Manny has looked good when it comes to recent fights and the slack drug testing is a worrying POV from a Thurman side, but I just can't see how Thurman doesn't win tbh. The drift on Thurman from opening odds has been fairly sublime and I think this might be the best value bet of the entire year considering he'll probably drift even more closer to first bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A peak Pacman would have beaten Thurman, but not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Beterbiev vs Gvozdyk signed for October 18th.

Great match up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Beterbiev actually fighting someone elite? God bless us.

Think Gvozdyk f*cks him up but I am very biased. Beterbiev might be the hardest puncher in the division so he always has a great chance and Gvozdyk has been shown to be a little shaky although he showed a solid chin against Adonis. Beterbiev is actually a very good boxer but his defence is quite average and Gvozdyk's right hand is a beauty. Gvozdyk inside 8 if I had to make an early prediction.

Got tickets for Lomachenko in London next month. Hoping for a few nice fights on the undercard I hear Eubank Jr is trying to get on it.

Got tickets for Lomachenko in London next month. Hoping for a few nice fights on the undercard I hear Eubank Jr is trying to get on it.

got mine too, did you get decent seats? which block are you in?

i heard a rumour that Jono Carroll is on it

got mine too, did you get decent seats? which block are you in?

i heard a rumour that Jono Carroll is on it

Block 113 not too far from the back, was the best I could get! I read that Hearn wants Buatsi on the card as well I reckon it'll be a great night of boxing.

Block 113 not too far from the back, was the best I could get! I read that Hearn wants Buatsi on the card as well I reckon it'll be a great night of boxing.

Got block 103 myself

Aye, Cordina has been added to it, should be a good day out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

2 boxing deaths in a few days, RIP to those poor fighters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Inquitus wrote: »
    2 boxing deaths in a few days, RIP to those poor fighters.

Indeed. I saw video of the poor argentine and to say the least, standard medical procedures after the fight were not followed. Very sad.

Meanwhile Eddie Hearn let his fighter fight a 12 round elimination while knowing he was juiced to the gills. Didn’t even have the decency to let the opponent know.

Advertisement