Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Didn't know where to throw this so thought this thread would be safe.

27 minute behind the scenes thingy covering the upcoming 3 round exhibition bout between Floyd Mayweather and undefeated 20 year old 125lb Japanese kickboxing prodigy Tenshin Nasukawa on the 31st of December as part of Rizin Fighting Federation's Rizin 14 card.

3 round exhibition under boxing rules, bit odd but sure look, the young lad is exceptionally aggressive and has great hands, but I'd say Floyd will just pick him apart for 9 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,596 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Didn't know where to throw this so thought this thread would be safe.

27 minute behind the scenes thingy covering the upcoming 3 round exhibition bout between Floyd Mayweather and undefeated 20 year old 125lb Japanese kickboxing prodigy Tenshin Nasukawa on the 31st of December as part of Rizin Fighting Federation's Rizin 14 card.

3 round exhibition under boxing rules, bit odd but sure look, the young lad is exceptionally aggressive and has great hands, but I'd say Floyd will just pick him apart for 9 minutes.

Eh, you did see how poor Floyd was in the first few rds vs. that ex plumber from Crumlin?

Now, the boxing community would have you believes that this was deliberate and was Floyd juts carrying Conor.....if true, then maybe your prediction is right...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Amir Khan in advanced talks to fight Terrance Crawford.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Amir Khan in advanced talks to fight Terrance Crawford.

Sweet...

Khan’t see him winning..

All I will say is that Crawford is a less dangerous opponent than a Porter/Spence/Garcia//Thurman...

And on Crawford goes having yet to meet an elite opponent..

walshb wrote: »
    Sweet...

Khan’t see him winning..

All I will say is that Crawford is a less dangerous opponent than a Porter/Spence/Garcia//Thurman...

Love it for both fighters personally. Crawford will definitely get to Khan at some point but Khan won't look out of his depth early. Perfect breakout into the mainstream fight for Crawford that he badly needs. Will definitely be an entertaining fight.

Khan getting in with yet another P4P talent. Deserves way more credit than he gets. Easily one of the most game fighters in the sport.

• Advertisement

I think this will be the first time in Khan’s career where the opponent can beat him any way he wants..

Speed, range, technically, power wise etc...

Khan usually built up rds with his reach, range, speed and pitter patter shots...

Crawford won’t be getting outboxed in this, outgunned or outworked...

I think this will be the first time in Khan’s career where the opponent can beat hin any way he wants..

Speed, range, technically, power wise etc...

Khan usually built up rds with his reach, range, speed and pitter patter shots...

Crawford won’t be getting outboxed in this, outgunned or outworked...

Think Khan can box very competitively with Crawford. I see a fairly good back and forth until Crawford puts it on him mid-to-late. Khan will win a couple of rounds. Not a fight he can win though.

If the fight does happen it's time Kell Brook steps up and fights someone else. Embarrassing that he's based his entire career on getting a fight with a guy like Khan. Criminally underachieved because of it.

Think Khan can box very competitively with Crawford. I see a fairly good back and forth until Crawford puts it on him mid-to-late. Khan will win a couple of rounds. Not a fight he can win though.

Yes, he can box with him, no doubt.....and 5/6 years ago he could probably outbox him..

Today he is just not near great...

Yes, he can box with him, no doubt.....and 5/6 years ago he could probably outbox him..

Today he is just not near great...

Maybe. He was flabby in that Vargas fight though. Didn't look like a guy who really trained. He's a guy who relies on sharpness, speed and punch output to win. I think with a full training camp he might have one or two good showings left in him. Kind of speculating more than anything though to be fair.

Crawford will win regardless anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Any chin khan had left I would suggest is probably gone. Hes been decent entertainment over the years & spent a period of time as "super" champion. I would fear for his chances against Crawford. Sooner or later Crawford will spin his head & we will see the chicken dance one more time.

Crawford was in talks to fight Collazo,.....that is just pants......

I like Crawford, but Jesus he needs to step up and fight real quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Sweet...

Khan’t see him winning..

Can't really blame Crawford for that though as he seems willing to fight anyone. Fought the best around at 135 and 140 but it was just a weaker division at the time. Took on Gamboa, Beltran and Postol who were all top fighters when he beat them. Spence, Porter, Garcia and Thurman don't seem to want to go in with him at the moment. Thurman has been out for ages too so never had a chance to fight him yet.

Boxing and TV politics stand in the way for most of the top fights for him too sadly.

titan18 wrote: »
    Can't really blame Crawford for that though as he seems willing to fight anyone. Fought the best around at 135 and 140 but it was just a weaker division at the time. Took on Gamboa, Beltran and Postol who were all top fighters when he beat them. Spence, Porter, Garcia and Thurman don't seem to want to go in with him at the moment. Thurman has been out for ages too so never had a chance to fight him yet.

Boxing and TV politics stand in the way for most of the top fights for him too sadly.

Agreed....could say the same for several other elites....

Spence has met nobody elite....yes, Brook was world class, but he is not elite....

Even Lomachenko......Rigo a weight or two below him, and Linares was never elite....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Loma on tonight on BoxNation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Billy Joe's been added to the Frampton Warrington card. Fighting some Hungarian journey man.

Anyone else tried ordering Framption fight online?

I ordered Fury last week no bother.

Can't order this....three fields to fill in; Sky View Card number, Postcode and agree to terms and conditions

View card is grand and agree to terms grand. Postcode I cannot get past. Tried ROI, tried county, tried Eir code..........

Anyone help here?

Sorted....

I was on the BT platform trying. I needed to be on the Eir platform

https://ppv.eirsport.ie/cli/home

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

Do you think the Frampton/Whyte fight will full on clash or maybe a round or two?

hbhook wrote: »
    Do you think the Frampton/Whyte fight will full on clash or maybe a round or two?

Expect Frampton card to be a few rds ahead of Whyte card

• Advertisement

Given the length of the Warren card I wouldn't be surprised if Frampton - Warrington doesn't start till closer to midnight. Would expect the Murray, Gorman, Conlan, Saunders and maybe the Heffron fight to go to the latter rounds.

Could be a few quick-ish stoppages in the Matchroom card by comparison.

Reckon there's a chance they don't clash at all.

Boxing goes out with one of the worst scorecards of the year. 118-110 for Nietes is godawful. Good fight apart from that.

Khan has picked Crawford. April 20th @MSG likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Khan has picked Crawford. April 20th @MSG likely.

KO round 5/6.

Smart move, the Brook fight can still be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

TJ Doheny has signed with Eddie Hearn, first fight 18th January.

https://twitter.com/EddieHearn/status/1082337142452432896

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Johner wrote: »
    TJ Doheny has signed with Eddie Hearn, first fight 18th January.

https://twitter.com/EddieHearn/status/1082337142452432896

Since none of the big names he anticipated signed up, I think hes signing up as many fringe title holders as he can. Entice the big names for a title fight, show them how well he works, in the hope they'll join him permanently.

Hopefully TJ makes a nice few quid out of it, but I cant see him reigning for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Since none of the big names he anticipated signed up, I think hes signing up as many fringe title holders as he can. Entice the big names for a title fight, show them how well he works, in the hope they'll join him permanently.

Hopefully TJ makes a nice few quid out of it, but I cant see him reigning for too long.

Yeah, I hope he makes some good money as well, it looks as though he has been signed to be fed to one of the other champions in a unification fight as Hearn has 2 of the other super bantam holders.

I'd like to see him have a nice easy defense against someone on the 18th(which he probably will) and then a decent fight but winnable match up with someone like Gavin McDonnell next before Hearn feeds him to Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Watched Caleb Plant dominate Uzcategui last night. Some life the new Champion has had and nobody would begrudge him his belt. What struck me was his supreme confidence throughout. He looked like the Champion from the get go as he was quicker, more aggressive and his left hook that dropped the Venezuelan in the second was textbook.

He repeated this again in the fourth despite having been cut over his right eye and going down the stretch they both traded with Plant rocked in the ninth but smartly hanging on and clinching as he naturally tired towards the end. He had no fear fighting on the inside and as Uzcategui came forward looking for the hail mary he kept getting picked off.

Very impressive by Plant in only his 18th professional bout. He earned peanuts last night so hopefully he can get bigger pay days as Champion. Also he is currently the only white American boxing Champion!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Canelo vs Jacobs announced for May 4th.

Should be a good one.

• Advertisement

I think thats a great fight. With the right gameplan Jacobs has the attributes to run Canelo close I think. Got the feet and jab to make things difficult. Credit to Canelo for taking it.

Advertisement