Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I think Usyk stops him late due to accumulation, something similar to his stoppage of Huck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Frampton Warrington confirmed for 22nd Dec in Manchester

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Expect Bellew to be well outboxed. I don't think he will have been in with anyone as skilled in the pro's before. Cleverly had decent skills but Usyk is Worlds away from that.
    I really thought bellew was done after the Stevenson fight but he's built a good career since that, Thanks to Eddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,726 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just check the feast of fights between now and Xmas...

Unreal. Unmatched!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

walshb wrote: »
    Morrison J wrote: »
    Usyk - Bellew confirmed. Near impossible task for Bellew in my opinion but fair play to him for taking it.

He probably views it as a less “dangerous” fight than some of the bigger and heavier punchers he has faced...maybe that will be his undoing, and maybe he’ll get a surprise as regards the hurt Usyk can deliver...
    Yeah to be fair it is a no lose fight for him. Any kind of respectable showing and he'll get credit. I think Usyk definitely has the power to knock him out but I just think Usyk is pure safety first. Won't take any risks and will be on the back foot. If he didn't up it to try take out Gassiev I can't see why he'll do the same to Bellew.

Only thing is Bellew might be more inclined to go for it late and leave himself exposed where as Gassiev looked happy to see the Bell and take the loss..

• Advertisement

Just check the feast of fights between now and Xmas...

Unreal. Unmatched!
    Looking like 9 PPV's left this year. Never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Morrison J wrote:

What fights you counting in those 9?

titan18 wrote: »
    Morrison J wrote:

What fights you counting in those 9?
    GGG-Canelo
    AJ-Povetkin
    Groves-Smith
    Taylor - Martin + Burnett - Donaire
    Usyk - Bellew
    Wilder - Fury
    Khan v Brook/Pacquiao
    Warrington - Frampton
    Whyte - Chisora II

All look very likely to happen.

GGG-Canelo
    AJ-Povetkin
    Groves-Smith
    Usyk - Bellew
    Wilder - Fury
    Khan v Brook/Pacquiao
    Warrington - Frampton
    Whyte - Chisora II

Add Floyd vs Pacman to that. Not one I'll pay for though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

If Khan fights Manny before the end of year and Manny beats Khan you can guarantee Floyd will book a rematch for May for the money but also to take the Canelo/Golovkin 3 slot away. He timed the comeback/rematch tease video perfectly to give a big f*ck you to Oscar and Canelo.

• Advertisement

Floyd’s a conman...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Morrison J wrote:
    GGG-Canelo AJ-Povetkin Groves-Smith Taylor - Martin + Burnett - Donaire Usyk - Bellew Wilder - Fury Khan v Brook/Pacquiao Warrington - Frampton Whyte - Chisora II

Some of those are good fights. Others I'm not sure I'd count as PPV fights. There's better fights currently scheduled than some of those imo.

Jacobs - Derev, Prograis - Flanagan, Stevenson - Gvodzyk in particular

How many buys do you think they'd get for a rematch lads? Would it do a million? Floyd was getting that or thereabouts when he was fighting guys casuals would know very little of. The fight with Berto only did 400k. If Manny beats Khan it definitely does well over a million once Manny mentions the shoulder injury, his revival of late etc etc.

GGG-Canelo
    AJ-Povetkin
    Groves-Smith
    Usyk - Bellew
    Wilder - Fury
    Khan v Brook/Pacquiao
    Warrington - Frampton
    Whyte - Chisora II

If Floyd Pacman happens you can cross Wilder - Fury off the list. No way Showtime run two PPV's like that back to back in December surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

If Floyd Pacman happens you can cross Wilder - Fury off the list. No way Showtime run two PPV's like that back to back in December surely.

I'm starting to doubt that it's happening with every passing week anyway. They announced it was happening what, 4-5 weeks ago? And still no mention of a date or venue.

I had some hope they'd announce it this week to annoy Hearn, but I don't think it's likely now.

I'm starting to doubt that it's happening with every passing week anyway. They announced it was happening what, 4-5 weeks ago? And still no mention of a date or venue.

I had some hope they'd announce it this week to annoy Hearn, but I don't think it's likely now.
    That's what I thought myself too. Expected they were just waiting for Joshua fight week to steal their thunder but not looking like that's the case. I reckon it's more than likely the TV networks or venues putting everything on hold due to Mayweather - Pacquiao.

Fury-Wilder heading to LA apparently.

Leo Santa Cruz - Gary Russell & Gervonta Davis - Abner Mares on the undercard. 

Great card that if it happens.

Mayweather apparently fighting Broner as a tune up to Pacman.
    Khan is claiming that Floyd is ducking him.

Mayweather apparently fighting Broner as a tune up to Pacman.
    Khan is claiming that Floyd is ducking him.

Has-beens the lot of them....

chancers as well....

Has-beens the lot of them....

chancers as well....

Agreed. They’ll be able to sell a beef with Broner though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Rocky Fielding to face Canelo next in December! Where the fcuk did that come out of. Bizarre match up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Was just about to post that. What a ****ing mismatch. Rocky will do well to last 3 rounds

The way Inoue is going Manny is going to be getting a little worried he might lose his crown as best Asian fighter of all time. There seems to be no stopping this kid and there's no reason why he can't jump up another few weight classes. There have been some great boxing nicknames down the years, but Monster is such an apt nickname for Inoue, what a freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Just watched the fight, it just looks so simple for him...Have to think he could go up at least another couple of weights and still be destructive...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Pighead wrote: »
    Rocky Fielding to face Canelo next in December! Where the fcuk did that come out of. Bizarre match up!

Because MTK are pushing all their boxers into big fights they have no chance of winning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Sure isn't it money for him? He's a prize fighter. He'll probably never earn as much money for this fight as well as whatever endorsements etc he has. Also as a fighter he'll probably relish the chance no matter how unlikely it is he'll succeed.

Michael Conlan and Jason Quigley fights next week to be shown on Eir Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Anyone have the odds on Dave Allen v Samir Nebo tomorrow - can’t find it on paddy power

Anyone have the odds on Dave Allen v Samir Nebo tomorrow - can’t find it on paddy power

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/dave-allen-v-samir-nebo/winner

• Advertisement

Tyrone McKenna v Lewis Benson on an MTK card in glasgow...

That will be an interesting watch

Advertisement