Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman hospitalised after third assault

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

A member of the Gardai. Which i fear is the main reason why this poor lady has been targeted by this scum. A very sad case and we can only hope the animals are caught and have to spend a good few hours in a lock up in the company of a few gardai armed with bars of soap wrapped in towels.
    Yeah bring back the heavy gang, lets just throw the rule of law out the window and engage in uniformed vigilatism! Why not just abolish the Gardai all together if your idea of justice is to resort to illigallity itself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Yeah bring back the heavy gang, lets just throw the rule of law out the window and engage in uniformed vigilatism! Why not just abolish the Gardai all together if your idea of justice is to resort to illigallity itself?
    If there were a few more accidents in Garda custody it might just might now cut down on the amount of street crime of this vile nature. Scum like that only understand the power of the fist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

If there were a few more accidents in Garda custudy it might just might now cut down on the amount of street crime of this vile nature. Scum like that only understand the power of the fist.
    Maybe that is why he's wife is now been targetted? To even up a few of these accidents that happen in custody!

If there were a few more accidents in Garda custody it might just might now cut down on the amount of street crime of this vile nature. Scum like that only understand the power of the fist.

Three things:
    I agree they are scumbags.
    The "rule of fist" is illegal and those who would use it are as bad as those who in your veiw deserve it.
    Once the state engages in allowing people to be assaulted by the Gardai then you can be certain that such power will be used on innocent people too, as many recent cases have shown.

Three things:
    The "rule of fist" is illegal and those who would use it are as bad as those who in your veiw deserve it.
    Once the state engages in allowing people to be assaulted by the Gardai then you can be certain that such power will be used on innocent people too, as many recent cases have shown.
    So what would you suggest?? Bring the lads in for tea and biscuits in front of a nice warm fire to talk about where they have went wrong in life and how to fix all their problems?? Wake up and smell the coffee in the real world the country is full of scum who would do harm to innocent people for the price of a two liter.

• Advertisement

Maybe that is why he's wife is now been targetted? To even up a few of these accidents that happen in custody!
    Or the fact that the officer is good at his job and is bringing scum in from the streets using legal means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

Fairly serious accusation. Don't suppose you can back it up?

Many gardai are harassed at home and off duty and its nothing to do with accidents, it's simply because of them doing their job.

So what would you suggest?? Bring the lads in for tea and biscuits in front of a nice warm fire to talk about where they have went wrong in life and how to fix all their problems?? Wake up and smell the coffee in the real world the country is full of scum who would do harm to innocent people for the price of a two liter.

I would suggest that the Gardai apprehend them, that they are brought before the courts and are sentenced in accordance with the law.
    You need to accept the rule of law and forget about your kangaroo courts before you end up in one because of mistaken identity!
    i for one have no wish to live in a state where a person in uniform is permitted to assault me because they dont like the look of me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

SB2013 wrote: »

Fairly serious accusation. Don't suppose you can back it up?

Many gardai are harassed at home and off duty and its nothing to do with accidents, it's simply because of them doing their job.
    I was replying to the poster that suggested a few guys get dragged in and have an ' accident' while in custody. If this is how the guards deal with things, it would not surprise me if people took revenge.

Not saying its the case here.

Id be worried if the poster that posted that reply is a guard!

I would suggest that the Gardai apprehend them, that they are brought before the courts and are sentenced in accordance with the law.
    You need to accept the rule of law and forget about your kangaroo courts before you end up in one because of mistaken identity!
    i for one have no wish to live in a state where a person in uniform is permitted to assault me because they dont like the look of me!
    To be fair that is one of the main problems the soft sentences that are dished out. I also would not worry about the gardai not liking the look of you and dragging you in as they know the scuts who cause the trouble and not the honest law abiding citizens.

• Advertisement

I was replying to the poster that suggested a few guys get dragged in and have an ' accident' while in custody. If this is how the guards deal with things, it would not surprise me if people took revenge.

Nearly choked on my tea with that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

What's the husband doing?

Same as any woman's husband would do, looking out for his wife and yes human nature will make him want to kick the **** out of those responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Panrich

I don't think that finding motive for these knuckledraggers is going to be very productive. The mental processing behind these attacks wouldn't stretch much beyond me bash lady again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

ColeTrain wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/woman-hospitalised-after-third-assault-in-mayo-1.1335914

WTF is going on here.

It seems that the scum who carried this out think they can get away with anything.

What is going in the cut back in public funding for policing, and that criminals know it.

All that whining people did about what a waste of space the police/doctors/nurses/teachers are actually has consequences. People voted for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Don't forget to pay your property tax folks.......

dissed doc wrote: »
    What is going in the cut back in public funding for policing, and that criminals know it.

All that whining people did about what a waste of space the police/doctors/nurses/teachers are actually has consequences. People voted for this.

People were being attacked before the cuts!
    Your post reads like a press release from a public sector union!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Hope they catch the bast##ds soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

If it was your wife attacked in your home for the third time would you be so reasonable though?

SB2013 wrote: »
    If it was your wife attacked in your home for the third time would you be so reasonable though?

I would want to kill them probably, but I am not a guard.
    If, and it is a big if, some gardai cant do their job without breaking the law the should leave or be sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The poor woman needs to get herself a gun or a few of them and shout without warning Anyone who enters her house from now on.

Her husband is a detective, maybe he's pissing off a lot of scumbag retarded criminals on the area???

She's the woman who is a personal friend of Edna Kenny. Do you think he'll do anything about it? Will he fuck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

kupus wrote: »
    If they are caught, whats going to happen anyway.
    F'in scumbags have more rights than ordinary folk. Whats the bets that the scumbags if caught have 40 convictions between them.
    But hey at least the judges and parasite lawyers have a job due to repeat business.

Hope the poor girl gets better,

If they are caught the judge will go mad on them and sentence them to 6 months in jail with the final 3 months suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Hmm.. that's an interesting way of putting it. She needs to 'cop on' and stop inviting attackers? That's a bit like saying 'provocative clothing invites sexual assault'.

It's nothing like saying that. I hope you were drunk when you posted that because it is as asinine thing to say.
    You highlighted the parts of my post that you chose to read but the key part was the THREE TIMES. Also I said NOTHING about inviting attackers. According to news reports the alarm was not set the first two times.
    First Time
    Second Time
    I don't know if she had set it this time but I do know that when a neighbour was broken into, I immediately put new door bolts on all doors, a chain and a spyhole on the front door and changed the alarm code. There does not seem to be any mention of this poor woman doing the same.
    I wouldn't have thought it takes much wit to point and shoot... more like eyes and hands.
    In light of the alarm situation I meant that she probably wouldn't be the person pointing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Seachmall wrote: »
    Reminds me of this story.
    Lol, has to be a piss-take.
    Well look at all the monkeys jumping down from the trees.
    Barely a genuine thought of compassion for the victim.
    There's plenty - and you know it.
    But wait, this isn't humanity - there are better people than this.

You guys are the dregs.
    What guys are the dregs? You don't seem so fantastic yourself.
    So what would you suggest?? Bring the lads in for tea and biscuits in front of a nice warm fire to talk about where they have went wrong in life and how to fix all their problems??
    Why would that be their suggestion? Is it only a case of police assault or the above and no other alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Madam_X wrote: »
    Lol, has to be a piss-take.

The bit about the thief ending up in hospital is a fabrication, didn't want to mention that though. It would have cost me Thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

The bit about the thief ending up in hospital is a fabrication, didn't want to mention that though. It would have cost me Thanks! :D
    And the Marines were collecting toys for a children's charity. :pac:

Onion-tastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

mikom wrote: »
    Don't forget to pay your property tax folks.......

it's already paid thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Madam_X wrote: »
    And the Marines were collecting toys for a children's charity. :pac:

Onion-tastic!

Toys For Tots is a charity run by the U.S. Marine Corp ;)

Here's the Snopes article for the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Three things:

rule of fist is the only thing scumbags understand, and no amount of shoulder patting and liberal hug-ins will ever change this fact.
    Your environment is one of the main influences of your behaviour and if you grow up with scumbag parent/s, in a scumbag environment you are more likely to be a scumbag.

woodoo wrote: »
    If they are caught the judge will go mad on them and sentence them to 6 months in jail with the final 3 months suspended.
    And that is the sad reality of this case. Should they be caught and one happens to trip, fall and break their neck. Then it would save a lot of taxpayers money.

Criminals are laughing in the faces of cops these days and this event is just rubbing it in at this stage.

Do people realize that its the courts that is one of the main problems here, besides the socio-economic impact, its a money maker for lawyers, judges, social welfare officers, phycologists etc....

A fcukin mini industry with repeat customers offenders, working within the confines of the law, and being masked by the very law its supposed to uphold.
    And who's going to rock the boat to say what I say, when plenty of people are involved in making money out of this?

I predict within a year another cop will be shot, I hope to fcuk Im wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Cedrus wrote: »
    It's nothing like saying that. I hope you were drunk when you posted that because it is as asinine thing to say.

No Sir. I was a sober as a pig in ****.
    You highlighted the parts of my post that you chose to read but the key part was the THREE TIMES. Also I said NOTHING about inviting attackers. According to news reports the alarm was not set the first two times.
    First Time
    Regina Sweeney was getting ready to close up The Elegant Touch bridal boutique at herself and her husband’s house at Corheens, Breaffy just before 5pm when she heard a smashing noise downstairs.

Was she supposed to preempt the attack and close early? No fault of hers at all here.
    Second Time
    They rang the doorbell and Ms Sweeney opened the door to see two men standing there in balaclavas, who then led her into her home and tied her up.

In all fairness she's trying to run a business and was probably of the mind that she was safe considering they wouldn't have the cheek to return.

I get what you're saying but I think it's not as cut-and-dried as you think.

I withdraw my 'responsibility for rape' analogy in light of your explanations.

Open verdict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Reminds me of this story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0CasxnKHoE
    I wouldn't have thought it takes much wit to point and shoot... more like eyes and hands.

I wouldn't object to her having one, but she could easily freeze in panic. She's bound to be terrified, she's not Chuck Norris. I reckon a couple of angry rottweilers would be better.

Advertisement