Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman hospitalised after third assault

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Cedrus wrote: »
    She's been robbed three times without copping on

Hmm.. that's an interesting way of putting it. She needs to 'cop on' and stop inviting attackers? That's a bit like saying 'provocative clothing invites sexual assault'.
    why would you assume that she'd have the wit to hold onto a gun.

I wouldn't have thought it takes much wit to point and shoot... more like eyes and hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

this thread barely warrants discussion outside of sympathising with a woman who has been attacked three times in four months - this time stabbed with a syringe.

Life destroyed right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Just to add. The rumour is that she was stabbed.
    I can only hope that these lowlife fuc*kers gets what's coming to them.

yes i also heard the same.
    dont think it's serious, but she must be in bits.

like i keep saying this country needs a few more big prisons, and a 3 strikes policy.
    economically there would be very good benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

this thread barely warrants discussion outside of sympathising with a woman who has been attacked three times in four months - this time stabbed with a syringe.

Pretty much, once would be enough.

Pretty much, once would be enough.

depends on whether the needle is contaminated .... Duh!

• Advertisement

space_man wrote: »
    depends on whether the needle is contaminated .... Duh!

Duh?

Being attacked once would be enough to meantally scar someone, nevermind three times ffs

this is what you were refering to.

i dont think being attacked once (as you infer) would destroy a person's life.
    you are being silly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

you are being silly now.

I'd say it could, depends on the person. I've been randomly attacked and took no heed while a mate of mine got mugged and took it surprisingly hard.

Different folks react differently. What might seem like nothing to you could be horrific to someone else.

you are being silly now.

I'm the one being silly?
    Being attacked like that in your own home - the one place where you feel most secure, is something you don't just get over. Not everyone is made of steel. I'd imagine it could lead to all sorts of phobias and depression. To think otherwise is just plain naive on your part.

Seachmall wrote: »
    I'd say it could, depends on the person. I've been randomly attacked and took no heed while a mate of mine got mugged and took it surprisingly hard.

Different folks react differently. What might seem like nothing to you could be horrific to someone else.

there's a big difference between taking something "surprisingly hard" and destroying one's life.
    the 2 are not comparable.

i'm not saying she wont be traumatised, but once these morons are dealt with, she will move on with her life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Well look at all the monkeys jumping down from the trees.
    Barely a genuine thought of compassion for the victim.
    Shut down After Hours
    Shut down Boards.ie
    Shut down The Internet
    Shut down The Jungle
    But wait, this isn't humanity - there are better people than this.

You guys are the dregs.

Shut down After Hours
    Shut down Boards.ie
    Shut down The Internet
    Shut down The Jungle

You guys are the dregs.

it must pain you to own a computer.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

there's a big difference between taking something "surprisingly hard" and destroying one's life.
    the 2 are not comparable.

His was just a mugging, and he just got punched in the neck. Had he taken a severe beating I've no idea how he would've taken it.

People do react differently and do have breakdowns over it.

People can develop PTSD after car accidents, it's not a stretch to believe someone could get it from being targeted and victimised in a brutal assault.

Shut down After Hours
    Shut down Boards.ie
    Shut down The Internet
    Shut down The Jungle

You guys are the dregs.

Here comes the offended brigade when there's nothing to be offended by.

Do us all a favour and go back through the thread before you spout that sh*te, people are angry at what's happened here. It goes without saying most feel sorry for the woman.

Seachmall wrote: »
    His was just a mugging, and he just got punched in the neck. Had he taken a severe beating I've no idea how he would've taken it.

People do react differently and do have breakdowns over it.

People can develop PTSD after car accidents, it's not a stretch to believe someone could get it from being targeted and victimised in a brutal assault.

you're clearly losing the run of yourself now.
    go to bed and have a rest.
    you'll feel calmer and more rational in the morning.

Nite all!

Here comes the offended brigade when there's nothing to be offended by.

Do us all a favour and go back through the thread before you spout that sh*te, people are angry at what's happened here. It goes without saying most feel sorry for the woman.

Oh Wanky wanky ****. As we all know you do. I've been through the THREAD, all 3 pages of it, and I stand by my post.

it must pain you to own a computer.:rolleyes:

I'm not the one with a history of hysterical rhetoric here;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

I think space man has conceded and retired! and I don't have the facts, but you know sometimes is just.. best to bail?!!

Oh Wanky wanky ****. As we all know you do. I've been through the THREAD, all 3 pages of it, and I stand by my post.

You only have 11 posts and you also appear in this thread.

Funny that.

You only have 11 posts and you also appear in this thread.

Funny that.

Calling Ms Marple.. your laxative and sleeping pills are ready..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

If they are caught, whats going to happen anyway.
    F'in scumbags have more rights than ordinary folk. Whats the bets that the scumbags if caught have 40 convictions between them.
    But hey at least the judges and parasite lawyers have a job due to repeat business.

Hope the poor girl gets better,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Brave 'men' allright attacking a defenceless women for the third time. If its true that they stabbed her with a syringe this is beyond scary. These scum are trying to prove themselves above the law and need to be removed from society for a very long time.

Would imagine if her husband is an armed detective they will be keeping him away from this investigation because I can only see one outcome if he gets to confronts them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

this girl has probably never used a frying pan in anger and you expect her to take on hardened criminals 2 little scumbags with a shooter.

you guys have been watchin too many movies.

LMAO!:D

i doubt Padraig Nally had too much experience in urban warfare, but he seemed to do just fine when the sh1t hit the fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

kupus wrote: »
    40 convictions between them.
    You think they're part-timers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

What's the husband doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

The scum that did this need to be knee capped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

What's the husband doing?
    A member of the Gardai. Which i fear is the main reason why this poor lady has been targeted by this scum. A very sad case and we can only hope the animals are caught and have to spend a good few hours in a lock up in the company of a few gardai armed with bars of soap wrapped in towels.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

The husband must be absolutely seething with rage at this stage. I can't imagine how much he must want to catch these ****ers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The Gardai seemingly have no power here.
    After a 3rd time, they must know who's involved here but don't have the resources to properly chase these scum.
    The criminals are one step ahead in this country.
    What ever must that poor woman be thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Total scumbags the two who broke in.

After 2 break ins would they not have upped the security system a bit?

If my wife got assaulted twice at home I'd be knowing if a mouse farted in my house.

Advertisement