Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman hospitalised after third assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Limerick gang involved in this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

token101 wrote: »
    I wouldn't object to her having one, but she could easily freeze in panic. She's bound to be terrified, she's not Chuck Norris. I reckon a couple of angry rottweilers would be better.

She seems like a feisty lady if you read the first link above. I reckon she'd have little problem using a handgun.

I do think licences to carry a firearm should be allowed for people at risk if the person is deemed a responsible adult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0CasxnKHoE

I wouldn't object to her having one, but she could easily freeze in panic. She's bound to be terrified, she's not Chuck Norris. I reckon a couple of angry rottweilers would be better.

Can you imagine the reaction of a rotty stabbed with a syringe???:eek::eek: Id say them ****ers would have shat themselves.

My heart goes out to that poor couple, their hearts must be broken dealing with this ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

This happened a few hundred meters from my business
    I saw the garda transit connect and then the support unit screaming down the road but again the scum were gone
    Broad daylight office hours and the garda were acually nearer than usual as they were investigating an arson attack at the n5 roundabout
    Poor Regina was taken away by ambulance
    I find it hard to believe they know who is doing this and anyone who thinks that rough justice wouldn't be fair in this case dosent really understand that the ultimate political power is violence
    the fundamental law of nature, man being to be preserved as much as possible, when all cannot be preserved, the safety of the innocent is to be preferred: and one may destroy a man who makes war upon him, or has discovered an enmity to his being, for the same reason that he may kill a wolf or a lion; because such men are not under the ties of the commonlaw of reason, have no other rule, but that of force and violence, and so may be treated as beasts of prey, those dangerous and noxious creatures, that will be sure to destroy him whenever he falls into their power.

John Locke

http://www.constitution.org/jl/2ndtr03.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Been a busy night in the West.............

Gardaí are investigating following an aggravated burglary at the parochial house in Caherlistrane.

Four men broke into the house beside the church of Mary Immaculate and St. Joseph sometime between 9 and 10pm last night, and tied up parish priest Fr. Patrick O'Brien.

The gang ransacked the house for over an hour, before making off with a small amount of cash.

After they fled, Fr. O'Brien managed to escape and raised the alarm at a neighbours house.

He was not seriously injured, but is understood to be traumatised by the incident.

Tuam Gardaí are investigating and are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in the Caherlistrane area in the past few days to contact them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

Limerick gang involved in this

big mistake going on the Late Late show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0CasxnKHoE

she runs her bridal business from this premises.
    a bride to be might not be overly keen on 2 Rottweillers snarling at her.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

kupus wrote: »
    Do people realize that its the courts that is one of the main problems here, besides the socio-economic impact, its a money maker for lawyers, judges, social welfare officers, phycologists etc....

A fcukin mini industry with repeat customers offenders, working within the confines of the law, and being masked by the very law its supposed to uphold.
    And who's going to rock the boat to say what I say, when plenty of people are involved in making money out of this?

Very true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

rule of fist is the only thing scumbags understand, and no amount of shoulder patting and liberal hug-ins will ever change this fact.
    Your environment is one of the main influences of your behaviour and if you grow up with scumbag parent/s, in a scumbag environment you are more likely to be a scumbag.

And that is the sad reality of this case. Should they be caught and one happens to trip, fall and break their neck. Then it would save a lot of taxpayers money.

Criminals are laughing in the faces of cops these days and this event is just rubbing it in at this stage.

Do people realize that its the courts that is one of the main problems here, besides the socio-economic impact, its a money maker for lawyers, judges, social welfare officers, phycologists etc....

A fcukin mini industry with repeat customers offenders, working within the confines of the law, and being masked by the very law its supposed to uphold.
    And who's going to rock the boat to say what I say, when plenty of people are involved in making money out of this?

I predict within a year another cop will be shot, I hope to fcuk Im wrong.

Any "cop" who takes the law into his/her own hands is as much a criminal as anyone else who commits an assault.
    I am at a complete loss to see how social welfare officers come to be involved in this at all.

Any "cop" who takes the law into his/her own hands is as much a criminal as anyone else who commits an assault.
    I am at a complete loss to see how social welfare officers come to be involved in this at all.

any man whose wife is beaten 3 times in her own home is justified in dealing with this in anyway he can.
    there is a huge difference between protecting your family and random violence

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    any man whose wife is beaten 3 times in her own home is justified in dealing with this in anyway he can.
    Which has what exactly to do with my post?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

rule of fist is the only thing scumbags understand, and no amount of shoulder patting and liberal hug-ins will ever change this fact.
    Your environment is one of the main influences of your behaviour and if you grow up with scumbag parent/s, in a scumbag environment you are more likely to be a scumbag.

And that is the sad reality of this case. Should they be caught and one happens to trip, fall and break their neck. Then it would save a lot of taxpayers money.

Criminals are laughing in the faces of cops these days and this event is just rubbing it in at this stage.

I predict within a year another cop will be shot, I hope to fcuk Im wrong.

I realised that many years ago.
    Unfortunately most of the people won't and will call for more prisons, Higher sentences etc in the vain hope that it will work, It won't !!

As for the woman being assaulted three times, Well I find it odd, I bet there is more to it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

This happened a few hundred meters from my business
    I saw the garda transit connect and then the support unit screaming down the road but again the scum were gone
    Broad daylight office hours and the garda were acually nearer than usual as they were investigating an arson attack at the n5 roundabout
    Poor Regina was taken away by ambulance
    I find it hard to believe they know who is doing this and anyone who thinks that rough justice wouldn't be fair in this case dosent really understand that the ultimate political power is violence

John Locke

http://www.constitution.org/jl/2ndtr03.htm

It is a fair point; ultimately if the law doesn't punish then it is a political and human inevitability that people will take power into their own hands. It is all a question of how much injustice a person or society can bear.

I think the fact is that for all of the talk of equality under the law and policing by consent and (all this other stuff that makes those in power so self-regardingly smug and sure of their position), the ugly truth is that the people and society want and need a police force that can deal with the scum who invade their lives and freedoms.

A lot of people would have to agree that in order to be effective, we'd like to see our policemen to be made of more-or-less the same stuff as the criminals. How else can they hope to fight them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

I think there is more to this story than we are being told. Its just not adding up for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Never knew they had boutiques in Mayo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

I am at a complete loss to understand the fact you seem to lack basic empathy for the victims of crime and come out defending scum who would not think twice about inflicting harm on you and your family and friends.

I am at a complete loss to understand the fact you seem to lack basic empathy for the victims of crime and come out defending scum who would not think twice about inflicting harm on you and your family and friends.

At no point have I come out defending scum.
    Its a sad case who has to resort to blatent lies and misrepresentations to score a cheap point!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

At no point have I come out defending scum.
    Its a sad case who has to resort to blatent lies and misrepresentations to score a cheap point!

Not the first time that accusation has been levelled at a poster simply because they aren't part of the mob justice crowd.

It will be used again :(

Maybe we should have armed vigilantes, punishing criminals and carrying out beatings and knee cappings... oh, hang on a sec...

Which has what exactly to do with my post?:confused:

her husband is a Detective

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

I would want to kill them probably, but I am not a guard.
    If, and it is a big if, some gardai cant do their job without breaking the law the should leave or be sacked.

so because this lady's husband has a particular job she is subject to violence and theft ? with out the fear of vengeance ,

if it was my wife or family under that kind of threat and I had the means to find out who it was I would make sure it didn't happen ever again, ,,

you sir are a bell end

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

so because this lady's husband has a particular job she is subject to violence and theft ? with out the fear of vengeance ,

if it was my wife or family under that kind of threat and I had the means to find out who it was I would make sure it didn't happen ever again, ,,

you sir are a bell end
    He simply said he doesn't agree with cops inflicting violence.

what's the difference between a cop and a person in this situation ? family repeatedly attacked abused and robbed ? any man would and should have the same response.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You got to love our little town at the moment, we have had a stabbing, shooting and petrol bomb attack all in the space of about 10 days here in Castlebar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

what's the difference between a cop and a person in this situation ? family repeatedly attacked abused and robbed ? any man would and should have the same response.
    Obviously there's a huge difference between a cop on duty and a civilian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

if it was my wife or family under that kind of threat and I had the means to find out who it was I would make sure it didn't happen ever again

What if your wife asked you not to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

This woman is being literally tortured because her husband is good at his job.
    This is hugely worrying, and it's down to specific gangs from the area, many who have vans.

Even as a critic towards 'Mericas gun laws, it is becoming the safe option to hold a gun in a rural home.

I'm from such an area, and while I and all my mates had grannies who lived alone, it is now inconceivable that our own mothers could do so.

I'm not one who says sosciety keeps getting worse but this aspect certainly does. You literally need a homeowner for burying a relative now, scary stuff.

All parts of this sociery need to help out here

Are they White Transit vans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Madam_X wrote: »
    Obviously there's a huge difference between a cop on duty and a civilian.

Actually, legally neither can indulge in vigilantism outside of self defence. In fact the cops have more leeway for violence. .

in the event of a personal attack on a family member ? really ?

hell maybe his logic chip is broken or the brain washing wasn't completed properly , where do you think the police come from? a factory in tipp ?
    or is it that you think that he should stand there and smile while watching his family robbed and beaten just because he works for the state? are you for real .

oooo wait I get it your a judge and don't live in the real world , sorry m lord

What if your wife asked you not to?

maybe after the first time ......

after the second time I doubt she would ask

after the third time ... ya sure she would properly have the kettle on for the fourth and fifth times they come back

• Advertisement

if i had the chance id smash the attackers heads in and i've only met Regina and Declan twice

can't imagine how angry he is

Advertisement