Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman hospitalised after third assault

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

in the event of a personal attack on a family member ? really ?
    Seriously, THINK... then post. :)

In my and his and others' opinions, apart from self defence, it is not an ideal thing for police to have the power to administer beatings - it is likely to be abused and used on people for much lesser offences, and a state empowering police to be violent is not a good sign of a state. Often it's a really oppressive state.
    Ordinary people giving these rats a beating wouldn't be an issue for me though.
    is it that you think that he should stand there and smile while watching his family robbed and beaten just because he works for the state?
    You appear to imagine sh1t that people aren't saying or even implying whatsoever. Obviously defence by force is fair enough when the attack is actually taking place, and obviously (as you know) nobody is advocating he stand there "with a smile on his face" and watch her be attacked (why do people come out with these ridiculous disingenuous false dichotomies?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

in the event of a personal attack on a family member ? really ?

hell maybe his logic chip is broken or the brain washing wasn't completed properly , where do you think the police come from? a factory in tipp ?
    or is it that you think that he should stand there and smile while watching his family robbed and beaten just because he works for the state? are you for real .

oooo wait I get it your a judge and don't live in the real world , sorry m lord
    Point one yes, he either obeys the law or he he should be subjected to it.
    Point two, he didnt watch anything because he wasnt there, and by the most basic standards of policing he cannot and should not be involved in an investigation which centres around attacks on his wife.
    When these culprits are caught they should be subjected to justice system we all are supposed to abide to, not the law of the jungle or vigilantism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

madam x having re read the thread and seeing exactly what the conversation was about I would like to point out that the jist of it was that the people who were involved in this incident deserve to have gratuitous amounts of pain inflicted upon them. when it became clear that this lady's husband was a police officer willie stated that he did not agree with "cops" inflicting violence in any instance . This was never a conversation abut the police brutality or anything else until you and willie made it,

Not withstanding your use of unnecessarily large words I don't think I can explain this any clearer with out the use of sock puppets so that you can understand it. I ll let you get back to your pointless argument with your self and hope that some day you learn the difference between knowledge and intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

I get what you're saying but I think it's not as cut-and-dried as you think.

I don't think it's cut and dried at all.
    I' fairly sure that there is a significant element of this that is not yet in the public domain, but it would be insensitive to speculate in this forum.

I felt the same way about this Story which is still developing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

any one ever tell you never argue with a idiot ....... people might not be able to tell ye apart

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

maybe after the first time ......

after the second time I doubt she would ask

after the third time ... ya sure she would properly have the kettle on for the fourth and fifth times they come back

But what if she said 'I don't want you to take the law into your own hands - ever - no matter what'?

Simple question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

But what if she said 'I don't want you to take the law into your own hands - ever - no matter what'?

Simple question.
    my wife says a lot of things
    as a man listening is not my strong point

Tigger wrote: »
    my wife says a lot of things
    as a man listening is not my strong point

So your respect for your wife would be overridden by your desire for vengeance?

G'wan. Make decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

The taking the law into your own hands posters are a bit of a joke. These guys are tougher than Internet warriors and you don't want to get into a feud with them.

We need tougher laws though, and a judiciary willing to send people to jail.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Wicklowstevo banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

The taking the law into your own hands posters are a bit of a joke. These guys are tougher than Internet warriors and you don't want to get into a feud with them.

people especially those of the bleeding heart, give the poor disadvantaged scumbag a big hug variety, are very quick to condemn America's justice system.
    but the Yanks know how to had down proper sentences once these idiots are convicted, unlike our judges.
    in the US life often means life and rightly so.

trying to rehabilitate these scum is a waste of time & money imo.

So your respect for your wife would be overridden by your desire for vengeance?

G'wan. Make decision.
    if anyone stabbed my wife with a needle then i'd kill them
    simples

and my wife is a crazy redhead that would help me bury the body

but thats an example of making sure you are compatiable before getting married

i respect your honesty that you'd be scared of a feud but the feud seems to have started

also not all people on boards are unable to defend themselves
    also declan sweeney is a garda detective and well able to do damage if he wants

i respect your honesty that you'd be scared of a feud but the feud seems to have started

also not all people on boards are unable to defend themselves

I didn't say I was scared of a feud. I said the keyboard warriors on here are all talk.

if anyone stabbed my wife with a needle then i'd kill them
    simples

But what if your wife said: 'Tigger, darling, I've been through enough without losing you or you ending up in prison, would you please just respect that I don't want it getting any more painful for me and let the professionals deal with it'?

Yes/No?

But what if your wife said: 'Tigger, darling, I've been through enough without losing you or you ending up in prison, would you please just respect that I don't want it getting any more painful for me and let the professionals deal with it'?

Yes/No?

how hard do you think the garda search for people who avenge their wives
    theres a scene in true romance

We're well into fantasy territory now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

Seachmall wrote: »
    Reminds me of this story.

beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

taking he law into one's own hands is a very dangerous path to go down, and requires very careful consideration.
    that said if a handful of these scum were gunned down by armed Gardaí/ARU or turned-up dead in a police call, i cant see to many people being overly concerned. i mean most ordinary folk got enough to worry about these days.

let's be honest it worked very well in Tyrone & South Armagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Even as a critic towards 'Mericas gun laws, it is becoming the safe option to hold a gun in a rural home.

I'm from such an area, and while I and all my mates had grannies who lived alone, it is now inconceivable that our own mothers could do so.

I'm not one who says sosciety keeps getting worse but this aspect certainly does. You literally need a homeowner for burying a relative now, scary stuff.

All parts of this sociery need to help out here

Do you have any evidence that violence against isolated people is rising, beyond a vague feeling that tabloidy crimes are being reported on more?

And guns in rural homes also means more domestic murders, criminals targeting houses to steal those guns, and more suicides.

• Advertisement

I didn't say I was scared of a feud. I said the keyboard warriors on here are all talk.

acually who cares

We're well into fantasy territory now.

i'll tell you something for nothing
    when i was 16 me and my mates took pickaxe handles lead pipe and baseball bats to another group of kids over nothing more than a park

a park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Imagine if these guys turned up to the after hours beers because of what a few hardnuts in here said. :eek:

Steve O wrote: »
    Imagine if these guys turned up to the after hours beers because of what a few hardnuts in here said. :eek:
    they keep hitting a woman
    if they were tough theyd go after her husband who i assume they are really targeting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

when i was 16 me and my mates took pickaxe handles lead pipe and baseball bats to another group of kids over nothing more than a park

a park

Well aren't you quite the hero:rolleyes:

Well aren't you quite the hero:rolleyes:
    they started it

anyway you pacifist people confuse me so i'm gonna bounce
    ttfn

a park

Hard man. I don't doubt that story although I am not clear of the difference between you and other criminals.

I am not a pacifist. I believe the state needs to get tough on these guys. And the cops too, within the law.

But this Limerick group are a mini-mafia. A related group of tough criminals who will defend each other to the last cousin. Trust me if you start a feud you will run out of cousins - if you have any who care enough to defend your feud - before they do.

You could always try and test the argument by being a vigilante without direct personal cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

cops my arse take the law in to your own hands invest in a good weapon and don t be afraid to use it

although I am not clear of the difference between you and other criminals.

i grew up

• Advertisement

starskey77 wrote: »
    cops my arse take the law in to your own hands invest in a good weapon and don t be afraid to use it

Good luck with your "good weapon" against a large criminal group. In the meantime you can you also wipe out the mafia with your tooth brush.

Advertisement